Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: if a person does not believe(In Quran) even after reading it or hearing it read,

Alhamdullilah..

Default Re: if a person does not believe(In Quran) even after reading it or hearing it read,

No offense BL, but you're like the typical Christian zealot who doesn't have the slightest idea how deluded he is. If what you're saying was true then we wouldn't have tens of thousands of women converting to Islam every year.

To briefly clarify your misconceptions –

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    In the Quran what awaits the believer if he or she did enough good deeds? From what I can understand, there will be many virgins and rivers of wine, but that doesn't make sense to me. What is haram for the Muslim on earth is paradise in the hereafter? You ask what confuses me. That certainly does.
    The wine in paradise doesn't intoxicate a person. And you ask about virgins? Really? Is that all you could grasp from the various references to Paradise in the Quran and Hadiths? Allah doesn't do injustice to anyone.

What is in it for Muslim women? Whose perpetual virgin do they get to be? It seems like they get the worse end of the deal in paradise and on earth. On earth they are allowed to be beaten by their men like their property and they are considered to be half the wit of men who have to cover from head to toe, because men cannot lower their gaze. At least the Scriptures that came before say that there is not man nor female in Christ Jesus. In paradise, the women share the same glory as the men.
    A person who misuses his authority is liable for his actions. Women are commanded to cover themselves for their own safety. It's not just the men; even women are commanded to lower their gaze.

I don't believe woman will get there secret desires in an Islamic paradise, because they will be one of many wives of one man who may never get around to have sex with them. I see a man's paradise in Islam only. IMO, men have fantasies of many sexually attractive virgin woman around them, but that is an earthly pipe dream man confuses for paradise.
    Too bad you see it that way.

Alhamdullilah..

Default Re: if a person does not believe(In Quran) even after reading it or hearing it read,

Jesus being one with God is not metaphorical to me, and our being one with Jesus is not as well. That is the glory of God that awaits us that believe
    Then I don't think you know God.

I asked you if only the spirit was god or even the body, but it seems you don't have any answer for it. You definitely are confused about who God really is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicStar View Post
    Then I don't think you know God.

I asked you if only the spirit was god or even the body, but it seems you don't have any answer for it. You definitely are confused about who God really is.
    How can you say I am confused when you are the one asking the question about God's spirit? Nevertheless, I will respond. The Spirit is spirit. The flesh is flesh. Flesh and blood can die, but God's Spirit cannot die. God's word always existed, but not always as flesh and blood. God and His word are extricable linked to where one cannot be without the other. They are one. I hope that answers your question.

Christians believe we are created or made in God's image and likeness; we don't believe in making God in our image and likeness.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 4th March 2014 at 19:48.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Alhamdullilah..

How can you say I am confused when you are the one asking the question about God's spirit? Nevertheless, I will respond. The Spirit is spirit. The flesh is flesh. Flesh and blood can die, but God's Spirit cannot die. God's word always existed, but not always as flesh and blood. God and His word are extricable linked to where one cannot be without the other. They are one. I hope that answers your question.

Christians believe we are created or made in God's image and likeness; we don't believe in making God in our image and likeness.
    No, that doesn't answer my question.

But what I can infer from it is that Jesus was mortal. Then how could he be god? If he was the "word of god" then why was he mortal?

But what I can infer from it is that Jesus was mortal. Then how could he be god? If he was the "word of god" then why was he mortal?
    You mean it doesn't satisfy you, but it does answer your question. Jesus was mortal. No doubt about it, but in Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily. These are spiritual discerned truths that only God can reveal to you. It will never make sense to the carnal mind. You see as man does and not as God does.

You mean it doesn't satisfy you, but it does answer your question. Jesus was mortal. No doubt about it, but in Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily. These are spiritual discerned truths that only God can reveal to you. It will never make sense to the carnal mind. My sister, you see as man does and not as God does.