Thread: Uninstalling Windows 7 Drivers

Former Hadith Rejector

Default Uninstalling Windows 7 Drivers

I've installed windows seven and used an external HD to back up my stuff before the install. Now that I put it all back, there is an icon in the tray that wont go away. It is the "Remove safely" icon for Mass storage USB. I tried to remove it safely but it keeps saying the the device is currently in use. Its not. The HD is disconnected and sitting 10 feet away. I tried to uninstall the driver and it seemed to work BUT upon restart it was not removed.

The external HD is a Hitachi 500GB.

Any ideas?
    To anyone reading my posts:
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Former Hadith Rejector

Default Re: Uninstalling Windows 7 Drivers

now iTunes wont recognize the iPhone. So far windows 7 sucks.
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Former Hadith Rejector

Default Re: Uninstalling Windows 7 Drivers

iTunes now works. Did a system recovery to before any updates and installed it. Then installed itunes and now it sees the iPhone. :-/