Thread: Reading and editing a .dat file

Former Hadith Rejector

Default Reading and editing a .dat file

I am trying to view and edit the code here but all I see is jiberish. Anyone know how I can translate this into meaningful info?

Code:
       E                       Qix*>>    '7>^y. >    s&>>wy?                  ?  ?  ?	      EyF D        V>*rv?    =F             Z  Uj                                                                 )o>  zE        ==ESāWFZ Es&ErF        *B   *eDHDjF D

<M?                3       "                                                                                H\c? @E        ?(DDp"FZ Es&ErF        B   .:EhE4E D        )Z>*r>,l?    !      _  <      k                                                                          J>  zE        CEiEQFZ Es&ErF        PA           FE*ENE D         ?^&>Y?          &            
                                                                        "{?  zE        "E.d;EFZ Es&ErF        @B              г=  P  B	   
       s   (   2   	           `CL?
        E    >                            D             
       tutorial-1           active-waves-2
    To anyone reading my posts:
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Default Re: Reading and editing a .dat file

You have to use whatever programme created the DAT file. a .DAT could be anything.

I cant figure from that site what it is either. Is it some kind of game save? If so youll need the game save editor.

Peace
    None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

Former Hadith Rejector

Ah, I see. I had a hunch I had to use the SDK from Apple. I'm trying to hack Star Defense
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Former Hadith Rejector

I can't believe I cant edit apps unless I have a Mac. Wow. Apple is worse than MS.

Heh,

So no one has made a open windows/linux editor?
    None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

Salam,

Ya, the file seems to be a random series, except of course the ASCII stuff at the very end. There's no discernible header, no telltale sequence I could find, and so on. It seems to be a proprietary file. The only thing I can deduce is it's not packed/compressed, meaning you can use any hex editor you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by aamantubillah View Post
    I can't believe I cant edit apps unless I have a Mac. Wow. Apple is worse than MS.
    Applications are executable files. Depending on what you want to do, you will probably need some insight into assembly to do a successful hack of any executable on any machine. A MacIntosh is no different from a PC in that respect.

Regards,
    think

Nerds....
    "Those who deny the strength of truth,
    God does not give them courage." - Bulleh Shah

Salam,

I know. They'll never amount to anything.

Regards,
    think

Salam Ratatosk

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Salam,

Regards,

Salam

Former Hadith Rejector

lol, you guys are so silly

Does anyone know how effective it is to partition and install a mac os on a machine running vista? That way I can get the SDK (and have Mac OS!!). The onyl other way is running an emulator which might produce more problems than results...methinks

Salam,

The other way 'round is way easier. Installing a virtual PC environment on a Macintosh is a breeze. Boot Camp™ or Parallells Desktop™ do exactly that; they emulate a x86 environment on a Mac. I know that is not what you want, so I won't fail to mention the recommended way is to install a Linux system, and then emulate both the PC and the Macintosh systems. (Or simply have different partitions for the systems. LILO does that, y'know.)

I don't know any really good or even passable virtual Mac systems for the PC. You could try SoftMac, it was fairly decent back in the halcyon PowerPC days of yore.

Regards,
    think

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Salam,

Regards,
    But can they say they dated the Cheerleading Team Captain in high-school when life really mattered? I think not...
    "Those who deny the strength of truth,
    God does not give them courage." - Bulleh Shah