Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Board suggestions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Board suggestions?

Default Re: Board suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Hey, I had to write something that I knew'd attract you, eh?
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

And the trap has been responded too

Salaam,

Perhaps the gender of a poster should be included in their profile, as frequently, when addressing a poster, we are having to guess whether to address them as he or she. Tis most confusing!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -Alice

The gender thing was addressed already here.
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Maybe their opinions have changed...

...but have their gender?
    think

Salaam sisters Osman and Ratatosk

Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    The gender thing was addressed already here.
    Thank you for the link. After reading it, I am inclined to agree that there is no reason for everyone to disclose their gender, especially if they do not wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    ...but have their gender?
    In any event, as all the men will soon enough be women, it may be safer for me to start addressing everyone as sister from now on. That way, whilst some of my posts may be inaccurate now, they will be accurate some time in the future.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -Alice

Insha'Allaah just PM or drop a rep to ask if they are male or female if confused

Former Hadith Rejector

So are we getting that Quran specific section? Also, while I'm here, how's about a mobile version of this site (^_^.) pretty please?
    To anyone reading my posts:
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Red face Re: Board suggestions?

Salam,

A mobile version of this site will be beneficial and more efficent for the users logging on their mobiles but I don't know if that's possible. Never visited a site that has that ability. InshaAllaah the staff can clarify.

Regards.

Whether this site provides a mobile version or not depends on the skin you are using. There are Mobile skins (some free too) available for this software. If such a skin gets installed, you just need to select that from the Quick Style Chooser in the bottom left and then you can use the site from your mobile.
    [Offtopic] I spend my time on my Oracle Forums and my General Forums [/Offtopic]

[Ontopic] To compare translations of the Quran and read Tafsir Jalalayn, refer Quran.com [/Ontopic]

Former Hadith Rejector

Too much hassle to change back and forth. Isn't there some script that detects a mobile browser and can preset the mobile version?
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

Is there an add-on or plugin available, that allows guest forum visitors to post a comment without registering? by default, non-logged in users would see a write reply box, encouraging them to participate. If there is an 'email' input box alongside that, with the option to receive email notifications that someone has reponded - this would have the effect of encouraging greater participation from passers by and also increase the likelihood that they return and check the follow up comments, and all the while keeping an option open for them to register and claim their posts.

If it doesn't exist, it would be great if someone could code that up.

"Gentleness does not enter anything except that it beautifies it and harshness does not enter anything except that it disfigures it."

~ Prophet Muhammad.

Former Hadith Rejector

Wouldn't that open the doors for bots?

Salam,
    Quote Originally Posted by xp² View Post
    Is there an add-on or plugin available, that allows guest forum visitors to post a comment without registering? by default, non-logged in users would see a write reply box, encouraging them to participate. If there is an 'email' input box alongside that, with the option to receive email notifications that someone has reponded - this would have the effect of encouraging greater participation from passers by and also increase the likelihood that they return and check the follow up comments, and all the while keeping an option open for them to register and claim their posts.

If it doesn't exist, it would be great if someone could code that up.
    That would be beneficial but what bad affects will it bring? How about if some Islam hatred come along and misuse the system when a staff member is not online? If people want to join they merly have to add a username,email and password which from my perspective isn't to difficult,takes 5 minutes maximum. But yes it may bring participation but would the comment count as a post? Will their be restrictions? It's a suggestion to ponder on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by aamantubillah View Post
    Wouldn't that open the doors for bots?
    How about if the staff adds a verification with a random question asking something like this : "What is the first letter in 'Islam'? That would reduce the chance of a spam bot getting in as 60% I assume do not know how to get through a random question.

Regards.