Thread: Dissertation on Halal Meat: A Research from the Classical Sources

Default Dissertation on Halal Meat: A Research from the Classical Sources

Asalamu Alaikum

Ron, I did not forget about you, I was just trying to see if I could get some advise from an ol friend of mine to put this work out in the open. The work is 43 pages so Im not going to copy and paste it, rather im gonna upload it inshallah

sorry for taken so long, my bad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Islamic Thought In the Modern Era of the Islamic Awakening: Dissemination of Islamic research and studies
    al-Mustaqeem Publications
    “The bonds of Islam will be broken one by one. Every time a bond is undone, the people will cling to the bond that follows. The first of these bonds is rulership (khilaafa) and the last is the prayer (salah).” Reported by Ahmad and Tabarani. Al-Hakim stated that the chain is authentic.

Administrator

Default Re: Dissertation on Halal Meat: A Research from the Classical Sources

God bless you. I really appreciate it.

asalamu alaikum Abu musa

I am uploading it again in this post because when i sent it to the email you gave me, it told me that it failed

asalamu alaikum
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Islamic Thought In the Modern Era of the Islamic Awakening: Dissemination of Islamic research and studies
    al-Mustaqeem Publications
    “The bonds of Islam will be broken one by one. Every time a bond is undone, the people will cling to the bond that follows. The first of these bonds is rulership (khilaafa) and the last is the prayer (salah).” Reported by Ahmad and Tabarani. Al-Hakim stated that the chain is authentic.

hi

sister and brothers

it is normal that i can open the file? i mean nothing happens when i click on it?

hope someone can help me to put shed light on this issue.

jazakallah

Alhamdullilah..

Quote Originally Posted by kamelia View Post
    hi

sister and brothers

it is normal that i can open the file? i mean nothing happens when i click on it?

hope someone can help me to put shed light on this issue.

jazakallah
    Assalamu'alaykum,

It's not working for me either.

Sounds like an interesting topic though. Guess the admins would be able to fix the problem.

Wassalaam.

iv messaged Al-Boriqi to re-upload it so whenever he decides to humour us..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0505130909.htm

Saughtering Animals Without Prior Stunning Should Be Curbed, If Not Banned, Professor Urges

ScienceDaily (May 5, 2012) — The slaughter of animals for commercial meat supply without stunning them first should at the very least be curbed, if not banned, concludes a former president of the British Veterinary Association (BVA) in an opinion piece in this week's Veterinary Record.

There has been a steady rise in the number of animals killed in this way over the past decade, the available data suggest.
    UK and EU legislation allow for the slitting of animals' throats without prior stunning to enable Muslims and Jews to meet the dietary requirements of their faiths, but with the caveat that it must not cause "unnecessary suffering."
    But it does, says Professor Bill Reilly, pointing to the findings of both the former Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) and the EU funded Dialrel Project, which encouraged dialogue among 11 countries on issues of religious slaughter.

FAWC concluded that: "such a massive injury would result in very significant pain and distress" before an animal lost consciousness, and said the practice was "unacceptable."
    The Dialrel Project report drew similar conclusions, based on the fact that the throat is rich in nerve endings.
    These findings can be easily verified in films posted on YouTube, which "clearly demonstrate the pain and distress of obviously still sentient animals after non-stun slaughter," adds Professor Reilly
    An estimated 2 million animals, mostly poultry, are killed without stunning for the orthodox Jewish community (Schecita), while Halal meat now accounts for 25% of the entire UK meat market, with anecdotal evidence suggesting that almost half of lambs destined for slaughter are killed without prior stunning.

As these figures far exceed the proportions of religious communities with these dietary requirements, commercial factors may have played their part in this rise, suggests Professor Reilly. Abattoirs without stunning facilities may be cheaper to run and enjoy a marketing advantage, he says.
    It means that "much of the meat from non-stunned animals ends up on the secular market," but if they knew the source, "most consumers would choose not to eat such meat," he believes.
    "In my view, the current situation is not acceptable and, if we cannot eliminate non-stunning, we need to keep it to the minimum," he contends.
    "This means restricting the use of Halal and Kosher meat to those communities that require it for their religious beliefs, and where possible, convincing them of the acceptability of the stunned alternatives," he writes.

The principles applied to the use of animals in medical research -- replace, reduce, and refine -- could be similarly applied to slaughter without prior stunning, he ventures.
    A tolerant society must respect the religious beliefs of different faiths, he emphasizes. The challenge is to reconcile that with animal welfare, and ongoing dialogue is key, he says. This has been successfully achieved in New Zealand, which has a large Halal export market that requires all its animals to be stunned first, he says.
    "I do not believe that there is any scientifically robust evidence to support the contention that non-stun slaughter has the welfare of the animal at its core," he maintains. And in light of the forthcoming EU directive on the protection of animals at the time of killing, now is the time for UK vets to take a stand on the issue, he concludes.

there are just as more authentic researches that support the notion that slaughter is less painful than stunning..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    there are just as more authentic researches that support the notion that slaughter is less painful than stunning..
    It is complicated data, and it can be argued one way or another. More or less both are not pain free; if somebody is that concerned they can become vegetarians, that would be pain free. For us, blood is not allowed and hence we cut the jugular vain to take out all the blood. Even in the wild animals, for example, lions cut off the jugular vain. So it is something common in nature. Although, lions probably do it to bring down and make the prey unconscious faster since it cuts off the blood supply to the brain.