Thread: Evolution

Default Evolution

Salam

I recently made a thread called MF's evolution so MF and I can discuss some of the reasons we differed in our arguments regarding Evolution. Now someone changed the title to Evolution giving the impression the thread was a general discussion in Evolution. Why was this done? Would that not have fooled people into thinking they were reading a thread that was a general discusion in Evolution? How did this desicion make sense?

Salam

Default Re: Evolution

Salam,

You may want to read this.

One of the recurring themes in the Code of Conduct is "address issues, not people". Threads that explicitly address a member are generally frowned upon. A thread addressing a specific member can often be used and misused to attack the person, a type of conduct which is forbidden on this forum. After all, the forum is called "Understanding Islam", not "Understanding MF". Also, there's not a separate evolution owned by MF, which would then be separated in the academeia from the Theory of Evolution. To avoid all the above pitfalls, the thread title was made impersonal. You can still ask MF as many questions as you want regarding the issue, of course; she will answer or not.

I hope this clears things up.

Regards,
    think

Salam Ratatosk

Sorry for the late reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    [FONT="Arial"]Salam,

You may want to read this.
    I read it. Can't believe I didn't read it when I joined the forum ---oh well-- you live and learn---you live and learn

One of the recurring themes in the Code of Conduct is "address issues, not people". Threads that explicitly address a member are generally frowned upon. A thread addressing a specific member can often be used and misused to attack the person, a type of conduct which is forbidden on this forum. After all, the forum is called "Understanding Islam", not "Understanding MF". Also, there's not a separate evolution owned by MF, which would then be separated in the academeia from the Theory of Evolution. To avoid all the above pitfalls, the thread title was made impersonal. You can still ask MF as many questions as you want regarding the issue, of course; she will answer or not.

I hope this clears things up.
    It does actually-thank you I was wondering what would possess someone to change the title of a specific thread It does make sense.

Salam
    Last edited by sheemae; 17th September 2009 at 18:11. Reason: forgot to highlight

Salam,
    Quote Originally Posted by sheemae View Post
    you live and learn
    Indeed, as do we all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheemae View Post
    It does make sense.
    It does, doesn't it?

Regards,
    Last edited by Ratatosk; 17th September 2009 at 20:58. Reason: also forgot to highlight
    think