Thread: Reputation

Default Reputation

Salam (not sure who to adress )

I was checking for an old post and went into the 'User CP' area- I found a thing there called my "reputation"! what does that mean? is it related to those green bars at the bottom of peoples avatars? how did i get this? and who gets to put up things about my "reputation"?

Salam

Default Re: Reputation

Wa'alaykum salaam,

Indeed, you're like totally correct.

The "greenies" displayed under your post count are in fact your reputation points. They can offer a clue to others as to how popular your points of view (or, as it were, your person) is on a particular forum. If a person has lots of red squares, it can be indicative of that person's views not being congruent with the views of the community, or simply that the person is not popular (due to various reasons). It's no big thing, really. Mostly "rep points" are handed out just for fun, anyways. (In case you're wondering, the reason my reputation consists of merely a black square is because I've chosen not to display it. I have my own reasons not to.)

Regards,
    think

Salam Ratatosk

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Wa'alaykum salaam,

Indeed, you're like totally correct.

The "greenies" displayed under your post count are in fact your reputation points. They can offer a clue to others as to how popular your points of view (or, as it were, your person) is on a particular forum. If a person has lots of red squares, it can be indicative of that person's views not being congruent with the views of the community, or simply that the person is not popular (due to various reasons). It's no big thing, really. Mostly "rep points" are handed out just for fun, anyways. (In case you're wondering, the reason my reputation consists of merely a black square is because I've chosen not to display it. I have my own reasons not to.)

Regards,
    Thank you for your reply. So they are called greenies huh?-lol It all makes sense now. I was wondering what reputation they were talking about-lol people don't even know me!
    Think I may disable mine as well, don't want people to read what I say based on whether I agree with the community or not!- how do you do that?

Salam

Salam Ratatosk

Think I get who gives these "reputation Points" to others-lol - just checked the 'User CP'! Thanks for the points- but really how do I disable them? Have been trying for a good hour but I have not yet found the solution! Please show me how

Salam