Thread: can i do hajj

Unhappy can i do hajj

i need some help, i want to know if i am able to do hajj if:
    -i have two daughters at present at the marital age.
    -i have mortgage.

also would i have to give up things such as:
    -movies
    -bollywood shows etc...

i need some help as you see as I am a confused brother.

Default Re: can i do hajj

Assalamoalaikum,
    do hajj with pure niyyah, and with all things done correctly. u can get books about it. ur daughter's care taker is Allah not u. this is some ppl's non conception which has come from hindus, that dont do hajj till ur daughter's get married, this is false. DO hajj, just do with pure niyyah, and when u go to makkah, make sure ur trip is only to perform hajj for Allah. not niyyah for shopping, sight seeing, making money etc etc.
    just make sure u have a mehrum to go with u
    try zikr too visit my thread zikr-e-ilahi..
    insha Allah ,Allah will help u.
    with love
    wassalam
    Mujahid-e-Al-Ikhwan

Salaam brother Muskaan,

Welcome to the forum, we hope u have a nice stay with us!

Well, i agree with Ikhwan, we are NOT hindus or pagans. One misconception for us is that we must wed our daughters in a very "dhuum dhaam" way, so that everyone says "Look how much they spent!" "WOW, did u see the necklaces her dad got her?!" And so on... This is NOT islam. In fact there was a poor man, poor as in proper poor, didnt have enough money to buy food to survive until tomorrow type "poor". He went to the prophet (s.a.w) regarding marriage and said "O prophet! How can i get married, i dont even have a crumb to offer as the dowry (mehr)." The prophet said, "If u can read to ur wife, a few suras from the Quran, then ur dowry is complete!"

We spend 1000s on marriage, all of these ridiculous customs should be cut straight out. Brother, regarding bollywood and that kinda trash, know one thing though. Either u give up God or Bollywood. There is no middle point. When u want to go hajj, go as an act of submission NOT NOT NOT an act of burden.

Also, like Ikhwan pointed out, ur fardh is to Allah then to ur daughter. Dont prelong ur hajj thinking about her, no. That is foolishness. Go to hajj. THEN come back and see what happens. Allah takes care of all things.

God be with u.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon
    Salaam brother Muskaan,

Welcome to the forum, we hope u have a nice stay with us!

Well, i agree with Ikhwan, we are NOT hindus or pagans. One misconception for us is that we must wed our daughters in a very "dhuum dhaam" way, so that everyone says "Look how much they spent!" "WOW, did u see the necklaces her dad got her?!" And so on... This is NOT islam. In fact there was a poor man, poor as in proper poor, didnt have enough money to buy food to survive until tomorrow type "poor". He went to the prophet (s.a.w) regarding marriage and said "O prophet! How can i get married, i dont even have a crumb to offer as the dowry (mehr)." The prophet said, "If u can read to ur wife, a few suras from the Quran, then ur dowry is complete!"

We spend 1000s on marriage, all of these ridiculous customs should be cut straight out. Brother, regarding bollywood and that kinda trash, know one thing though. Either u give up God or Bollywood. There is no middle point. When u want to go hajj, go as an act of submission NOT NOT NOT an act of burden.

Also, like Ikhwan pointed out, ur fardh is to Allah then to ur daughter. Dont prelong ur hajj thinking about her, no. That is foolishness. Go to hajj. THEN come back and see what happens. Allah takes care of all things.

God be with u.
    Nice reply haroon
    Sister plz perform Hajj wthout any intentions regarding bolloywood n ur daughters n any thing else InshAlllah Help 'll help u..

ALLAH HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVE

JazakAlllah

I may be back for a while sheik's Avatar

salaam,

umm brother ashhad4u,

brother muskaan is a brother note the following:

i need some help as you see as I am a confused brother.

also for brother muskaan, here is some advice,

hajj is to be performed with the purest intention. it is supposed to be done at least once in ones life. also if it is not able to be down due to financial situations, suppose you are in debt and what not, you must sustain the life of your family. then hajj is not mandatory for those people. but if financial problems can be avoided by removing entertainment costs then it is mandatory. so if you are in financial situations becuase you watch alot of movies for no reason but enjoyment then hajj is manadatory on you...so i understand....brothers haroon and ikhwan i am waiting for you replies on my correction

salaam

Salaam brothers,

Thank you very much for your help. One last question. I have a mortgage do I have to clear the slate with the bank before I go? As I understand I owe money to the bank. Also a question from my niece who is about to go with her family. She has a huge outstanding student loan to pay as she is still in university, can she still go? She is in her final year at uni now and a lot she has a lot of revision to do to pass this year, am I right to say it is not compulsary that she goes to hajj this time and that she should concentrate on her work and then go once she is free of all burdens? I await your response. Brothers.

Assalamoalaikum
    brother muskaan the answer to u and ur niece's question is the same,

go to hajj from ur own money ur own earnings do not go from debt or from money u have take away from others or which is not ur right but is other's and u have stolen the right. ur niece is under debt so she is considered burdened and cant go until the debt is clear.
    wassalam

p.s. sheik i dont object what u said this time, i agree with it, bcz ur reply was simple
    wassalam

salaam,

brother muskaan

Thank you very much for your help. One last question. I have a mortgage do I have to clear the slate with the bank before I go? As I understand I owe money to the bank. I await your response. Brothers.

if your mortage exceedes the limit for you to perform hajj then it isn;t cumpulsary. for instance if it costs $9,000 to perform hajj, and you owe greater than that amount for that month or quarter for your mortage then it is suggested that you get all your money assembled and debt free. once you are free from debts and what not, then go perform hajj and may Allah be with you.

Also a question from my niece who is about to go with her family. She has a huge outstanding student loan to pay as she is still in university, can she still go? She is in her final year at uni now and a lot she has a lot of revision to do to pass this year, am I right to say it is not compulsary that she goes to hajj this time and that she should concentrate on her work and then go once she is free of all burdens?

if you neice is still a student and can;t afford to go to hajj, then it is not obligated on her. she should wait when her studies and future doesnt cause conflict for she will have burdens on her mind when she goes to perform hajj. she should be able to afford it with out a deficet and go with out burdens and obligations. according to what you said, it is not obligated on her for this point in time.

salaam

Salaam All,

Yes i agree with that Sheik, if one does not have financial stability then one is not under obligation to go. Necessity and wastages should also be taken into account. We do not call wasting money on rubbish as lack of financial capability. If everyone was to sit at home wasting money, then no one would go to hajj. So there is a limit in wat he can deem as a time for no obligation and a time FOR obligation.

salaam, once again thank you all foryour help. Another question if I may. I posed this question to my brother with regards to my niece going he said that he is paying for her so that is OK and also that it is not farz for her to go but she has to go with him because she is not married hence he cannot leave her behind. I said that she would e going with the wrong idea, not with the idea to actually perform hajj for the right reasons. Is that right that he must take her with him because she is not married? Also she is supposedly to be married next year, but at the moment she does meet her husband to be, ie meals, cinemas etc. when she returned am I right to say that would be forbidden for her to actually "hang" around with the young man until she is officially his wife? I await your response.

assalamoalaikum,
    a women cannot do hajj alone, the women no matter what age, needs to do hajj with a mehrum. Hajj is obligatory after the female reaches the state of 'balughat' or when she becomes 'baligh'.

to do hajj niyyah should be to do hajj only, not for other things like shopping, sight-seeing so on.

if she has had her 'nikkah' with her future husband, it is ok to meet or see each other. but i think before they are married they shouldnt hang out alone, i hope im not wrong, if i am plz correct me.!!
    1 thing until ur niece is married to that man, ur niece is not his responsibility.

wassalam

salaam,

brother muskaan,

I said that she would e going with the wrong idea, not with the idea to actually perform hajj for the right reasons. Is that right that he must take her with him because she is not married? Also she is supposedly to be married next year, but at the moment she does meet her husband to be, ie meals, cinemas etc. when she returned am I right to say that would be forbidden for her to actually "hang" around with the young man until she is officially his wife? I await your response

her own mind has to be willing to go to hajj. there is no point of performing hajj if your intentions are not in the right place.

for the meeting of her husband, in my understanding it is allowed as long as the intention of marrage is going to occur and as long as their is nothing haraam going on between the two before marrage. i too suggest that nikkah should be done prior to hanging out but if it doesn;t it does not pose that much of a threat.

salaam

salaam,

My nieces reasons for hajj are:
    -she wants to as a muslim
    -her parents cannot leave her behind
    -apparantly as told by her father it is not farz but she has to go and that she can go again when she is ready.
    -she doesnt necesseraliy have to give up bollywood!

from my knowledge she should go when she understands hajj and what is expected from her as a muslim and until she understands fully the islamic lifestyle.
    I suggested if her parents know that she is to be married why dont they do nikaah to her husband to be and they can leave her behind to concentrate on the final year exams she has to work hard for.
    Also from my knowledge I think one should perform hajj once when they know they are ready and that they dont go time and time again as there are thousands of people who want to go but are not able to. so if one has the money to go again i think they should help others go.

Am I right people?

salaam,

hajj is required at least once, its best to help others of course, but there are some who go many times.

its best if she goes with a clear mind not because her parents are forcing her.

salaam