Thread: Three Cups of Tea

Default Three Cups of Tea

Anybody read this book? I've been recommended this book. Pakistan has awarded the author of the book its highest civil award. I'm going to buy this book.
    1.4 billion people live under the poverty line - 1.25 USD per day. 20000 Africans die needlessly everyday due to AIDS, malaria and TB. 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat. 3/4s of this are rural poor farmers who will also bear the brunt of global warming.

Default Re: Three Cups of Tea

I bought this book and have finished reading it. I recommend this book to everyone. The story of Greg Mortenson is inspiring. His humility is something that anyone can learn from. His willingness to suffer for the cause he works for is worthy of inculcation. The book tells a lot about the muslim world as well. A lot of conceptions about the religiosity of the muslim world is brought to human levels from their mythical heights. At the same time, a lot of misconceptions about the muslim world, held both by muslims (city bred) and non-muslims alike, is shattered. The glory of the Taliban is toned down. The divisions and faults in Afhanistan and Pakistan between the various communities that are conveniently avoided are brought to light.

All in all, very inspiring and informative book.

For more information see

http://www.threecupsoftea.com/
    1.4 billion people live under the poverty line - 1.25 USD per day. 20000 Africans die needlessly everyday due to AIDS, malaria and TB. 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat. 3/4s of this are rural poor farmers who will also bear the brunt of global warming.

I have read it. It is truly fascinating. For me the comprehension and vocabulary is a bit difficult to comprehend but I managed to read it. I truly recommend it.

Brother Vinod,I also own it.

Mouzafer Ali was a key person in the book, and the entire book is about schools to educate Muslim women, i really love it...