Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Veteran Member

Default Re: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by farah fatima View Post
    SALAM SIS & BRO. I M FARAH ,I HAVE COME ACROSS THIS SITE AS I WAS SEARCHING FOR SOME TOPICS. I M Dr (PHYSIOTHERAPIST) I M KNOW GOING TO JOIN MY INTERNSHIP, I M VERY KEEN TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ISLAM.
    Salaam Farah fatima and welcome to the forum

I am just inquisitive what does Dr (physiotherapist) mean. My understanding is that Dr stands for doctor. and physiotherapists are not doctors. Please enlighten me. kind regards

Salam,

Though I have been a member here for awhile, I don't believe I posted an intro. So, um, hi! I'm 26 and from Australia. And make no mistake, I am female. Quite a few people seem to think I am a bro around here for some reason. I am a born Muslim with a Turkish heritage. Education wise, I have majors in criminology and politics. I also studied law for a couple of years but dropped out. That's about it, I think. The rest is boring.
    Last edited by Clarity; 29th July 2009 at 16:25.

(THOAT-wob-lur MAN-grove)

Actually, Astral, I myself somehow intuited that you are female, although I didn't think much about it until now. Perhaps that gives you cause for hope.

Asalam Alaykum.
    I am a new member. A young member from Canada. I am more of a observer than a poster. Until school begins I will observe more,after that inshaa'Allah I will post more frequently.

I like debates and conversations with great brotherly like personalities.

Salaam Alaikum ,
    I am a b-tech (electronics and communication) graduate from india, i was in touch with this forum earlier, may be 5-6 years back and now i am here, i have completed entry and professional level networking certifications and now looking ahead towards the expert level cert of cisco, pray for me ...

Basically i am from a shia family both my father and mother are shia and but i am a muslim (la-shia la-sunni islamia-islamia) this was the famous phrase used by iranians during the islamic revolution, but as soon as i read quran i came to know that all verses which the shia associated with the ahlul-bayts(holy five) were manipulated and there is not a single verse in the quran which favours the ahlul-bayts of shia context (they say the panjetan is the ahlul-bayts and the wives are not which is completely wrong), but i do appreciate the islamic revolution of iran, and iran is the only one who speaks firmly from the palestinian side ...
    Last edited by syedhassan_86; 23rd September 2009 at 08:51.

Salaam syed hassan and :welcome to the forum. I am from India too... and am a Computer Science graduate.

Yes u r right bro, Shia, sunni, etc. etc. make no sense if you read the Quran and follow the life of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
    [Offtopic] I spend my time on my Oracle Forums and my General Forums [/Offtopic]

[Ontopic] To compare translations of the Quran and read Tafsir Jalalayn, refer Quran.com [/Ontopic]

Walaykum Asalaam brother Yanal and brother syedhassan,

Welcome to the forum!!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -Alice

Quote Originally Posted by syedhassan_86 View Post
    Salaam Alaikum ,
    I am a b-tech (electronics and communication) graduate from india, i was in touch with this forum earlier, may be 5-6 years back and now i am here, i have completed entry and professional level networking certifications and now looking ahead towards the expert level cert of cisco, pray for me ...

Basically i am from a shia family both my father and mother are shia and but i am a muslim (la-shia la-sunni islamia-islamia) this was the famous phrase used by iranians during the islamic revolution, but as soon as i read quran i came to know that all verses which the shia associated with the ahlul-bayts(holy five) were manipulated and there is not a single verse in the quran which favours the ahlul-bayts of shia context (they say the panjetan is the ahlul-bayts and the wives are not which is completely wrong), but i do appreciate the islamic revolution of iran, and iran is the only one who speaks firmly from the palestinian side ...

Welcome to the Forums brother Hassan .. May ALLAH guide you and make you reach everything you want.

Former Hadith Rejector

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    Salaam Farah fatima and welcome to the forum

I am just inquisitive what does Dr (physiotherapist) mean. My understanding is that Dr stands for doctor. and physiotherapists are not doctors. Please enlighten me. kind regards
    In the US, in response to a need for physiotherapists, there is a need for direct access, rather than referal based.

So physical therapists are required now to get their doctorate (DPT) degree. The same thing is happening with Occupational therapists. Though DPTs and OTDs cannot prescribe meds afaik
    To anyone reading my posts:
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

JazakAllah Khayruin everyone.

However..I have not yet received even one rep..not that it matters, alhumdulilah

Former Hadith Rejector

Now you do; just for being you *hug*
    To anyone reading my posts:
    I used to be hadith rejector. After studying hadith at a surface level, I realized the large amount of nonsense dispelled by this forum and their top users. The exemptions are Al Boriqi, Nawawi, Lumumba and hlatif (who is no longer here). My advice, leave this forum. If you read anything of me rejecting hadith, know that it is nonsense and I no longer hold that view. Read my "Bio" for more info.

As Salamu Alaykum

I havent formally introduced myself (I've been on this forum for a while), so here goes:

As far as my background. My name is Ali, I am a Muslim convert of almost 12 years. Alhamdulillah i follow the Shafi'i school in Fiqh, Ash'ari in Creed, and Ba Alawi in Tariqa. I'm with a community in Southern California that studies Traditional Ahl Sunnah wal Jamaah Islam, most of them also converts. They primarily follow the Maliki madhhab, and we have a few Hanafis.

As far as my learning background here is goes:

•Studied Seerah of the Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam) Summer 1998 @ Zaytuna Institute, teacher: Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

•Studied Al Murshid al Mu’in Ibn Ashir (Maliki Fiqh) Summer 1998 @ Zaytuna Institute, teacher: Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

•Studied Tariq al Janna of Uthman Dan Fodio (Tasawwuf), Ihya Sunnah wa Ikhmad al Bida of Uthman Dan Fodio (Fiqh and Tasawwuf), 1999-2000, teacher: Ustadh Dawud Abdul Alim

•Studied Matn al Akhdari (Maliki Fiqh) 2000 from Shaykh Muhammad Rami Nsour

•Studied part of Mukhtasar al Khalil (Maliki Fiqh) on the section of Tahara , @ Zaytuna Advanced Deen Intensive 1999 , teacher: Shaykh Khatry of Mauritania

•Studied Usul al Fiqh (Islamic Legal Theory) from an introductory text by Imam Juwayni and Qawa’id al Fiqhiyah (Maxims of Fiqh) @ Zaytuna Institute Advanced Deen Intensive 1999, Teacher: Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah

•Received Hadith of Mercy (one hadith with full isnad) 2002 , teacher: Shaykh Muhammad al Yaqoubi

•Studied Al Maqasid of Imam Nawawi (Shafi’i Fiqh) 2003-2004 @ Sunnipath Academy, Teacher: Shaykh Hamza Karamali

•Participated in Suhba Program 2004 @ Los Angeles, CA teacher: Shaykh Nuh Keller

•Studied Risala ibn Abi Zayd (Maliki Fiqh) (learned half of the text) 2004-2006 @ LICC teacher: Ustadh Muhammad Yahya

•Studied Arba’un an Nawawi (42 Hadith) 2004-2006 @ LICC teacher: Ustadh Malik Guimzon

•Studied Agenda for Changing Our Condition text 2007 @ Zaytuna Minara Program (in Irvine, CA) teachers: Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Imam Zaid Shakir

•Studied Risalatul Jami’ah (Shafi’i Fiqh) 2007 @ Sunnipath Academy, Teacher: Shaykh Hamza Karamali

•Studied Aqida at -Tahawiyyah (Islamic Creed) 2007 @ LICC , Teacher: Shaykh Rabih Osman

•Studied the first quarter of Reliance of the Traveller (Shafi’i Fiqh) 2008 @ Sunnipath Academy, Teacher: Shaykh Hamza Karamali

* Studied Imam Suyuti's text on the Ahl Bayt @ 2009 Rawdah Deen Intensive, Teacher: Shaykh Muhammad al Ninowy

•Studied Al Baquniyyah (Hadith Terminology) 2009 @ LICC, Ustadh Omar Mahmood

I also had an opportunity to sit and learn from Habib Umar ibn Hafidh (while on my hajj in 2002), Habib Ali al Jiffri, Shaykh Abdullah al Kadi, Dr. Umar Faruq Abdallah, the late Dr Cesar Majul, Shaykh Muhammad Shareef (Sankore Institute founder), Utadh Yahya Rhodus, Ustadh Usama Canon, Ustadh Muhammad Abdul Haqq, Shaykh Salek bin Siddina of Mauritania, Shaykh Abdul Karim Yahya (first American Muslim graduate to Dar al Mustafa), Shaykh Sadullah Khan, Dr. Muzzamil Siddiqui, and many others.

As far as a career, I'm an American Muslim activist who regularly lectures and gives workshops on various topics including:

How I came to Islam, Christian Beliefs & Islamic Articles of Faith Compared, Muslims in the Philippines, Islam and the Bible, Introduction to Islam, Islamic Monotheism, Science and the Quran, Importance of Islamic Education, Importance of Ramadan, Media Activism, Islamic Eschatology, Terrorism, U.S. Global Policy and the Future of International Institutions (Next Generation Project), Islamophobia: Its root causes and remedies, Understanding Islam: A Cross-cultural Perspective, Islam and Muslims in News Media and Popular Entertainment, Importance of Unity in Islam, Jewish-Muslim Dialogue, Christian-Muslim Dialogue, Social Justice in Islam, Cultural Sensitivity to Muslim Families (Social Workers), Introduction to the Shariah, Introduction to Shafi'i Fiqh, Why Muslims Follow Madhhabs and has given sermons on various subjects at Islamic Centers and masajid.
    The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Llahu alayhi wa alihi wa sallam) said, “Verily Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people appoint ignorant as their leaders. They are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray.” [Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

As-Saalam Alaykum.

I feel very welcomed,indeed. I have decided to stay insha'Allaah. Keep me addicted fellow brothers and sisters.

Salaams bro Nawawi and sister Yanal.

Bro Nawawi it's nice of you to share your educational experience and sis yanal, thanks for staying...
    [Offtopic] I spend my time on my Oracle Forums and my General Forums [/Offtopic]

[Ontopic] To compare translations of the Quran and read Tafsir Jalalayn, refer Quran.com [/Ontopic]

BuseOntotsBok

Default Hey I'm new

I am an idiot. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ratatosk; 10th November 2009 at 19:09. Reason: it's a bot!