Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Default Introduce yourself

As'salamu alaykum.

Welcome to the forum!

Write a couple of lines to introduce yourself.
    think

Default Re: Introduce yourself

Ok, you start...

Knowledge shrinks as wisdom grows.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

As salamalakum

It has been a while since i visited this site . I enjoyed haveing good conversations and discussions with some of the members here .I am not sure how many old members are still visiting this site. I am always looking forward to improve , mentally and spiritually . Love to have discussions that spark our interest in life issues. Issues that has to do with our earthly as well as spiritual existence. Islamic disussions that increase our knowledge.
    Divine light mercy to mankind.

Rabana akhrujna meen zulumati wahmi,
    wa akrimna bi nuril fahmi

Uhm like Noori, I am kinda visiting after a long long time, so Hello!

Salam,

Okay. Eh, helloo..

Regards,
    think

member hsnmz , introduce yourself ...

Hello. I am interested in learning about Islam, and stumbled on this site while looking for information on hijab (which I plan to start wearing). I'm fairly shy and don't know how much I will post on here, but I will be reading, and look forward to learning.

Veteran Member

Salaam, shalom and welcome Sanil

Please feel free to ask or contribute to the relevant sections of the forum. We will all try to answer your queries to the best of our abilities and like wise hope to learn from your contributions as well

have a nice day

Exclamation Re: Introduce yourself

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
    It took me ages to finally decide to post a reply! I came across your respectable forum when I was searching for Islamic forums . The matter is that I was striving for a way to practice my English ( in a decent way ) , & thought that Islamic forums would be the best choice for a young muslima living in an Arab country and wants to practice foreign languages ( Eng #Spanish )
    This may sound prepostrous , but - - I have been practicing Dawa in Arabic for two years , and I attempted to learn foreign languages for no purpose other than serving Islam & pleasing my Lord . I thought it would be good to start Dawah in those foreign languages , hoping I may be of any use .

I was disappointed , though . The forum is great & could have been even greater but it not active in terms of posting & participation . Whenever I attempt to post a reply , the subject turns to be old , dating back to 2007 or even 2004 !!! I really wonder , because I always believed that Muslims in the west are more active than lazy Arabs here ! But Arabic forums are having fever comapred to English forums in general . We - in Arabic forums - may post till 25 posts a day - not me ! Besides it was fairly easy to find many many many Arabic forums in various fields even only for women , but Islamic forums & English forums in general are relatively pooooor >>

On the other hand , It gave me such a hard time to find a subject where I can post a reply . Composing ten essays in two hours in Arabic is a piece of cake , but posting one proper reply in English is no cake at all

I would be grateful if you would accept me as a junior family member and bear up with me
    I would have given it a try to compose a subject but the forums are just too big for my limited English !

May Allah be pleased with us all , Brothers & Sisters .
    و صلي اللهم علي سيدنا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

Salam aleikum

Personally I found your post quite enjoyable خادمة الإسلام.

Welcome to the forum, and personally I believe your English is quite good. Better even then some Americans English.
    The image-obsessed, bloodthirsty, sensationalistic world outside your window is the real madhouse.

www.islamic-relief.com

Veteran Member

Salaam sister

Many thanks for taking the time to write. Alhamdulillah your English is excellent and practice will make it perfect. Just one sentence did not seem right

But Arabic forums are having fever comapred to English forums in general

perhaps if stated as Arabic forums have fever pitch activity compared to English forums would have been more appropriate.

In my opinion one looks for quality of postings as well as number of postings. Postings for the sake of postings do not help.

Web site in my opinion is very lucky that it has excellent participants and a person like me with very limited knowledge can learn from them in all walks of life.

We hope we can learn from your knowledge and contributions as well

kind regards

Smile Re: Introduce yourself

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I am really grateful indeed for your gentle replies . I feared I had been quite rude last time to be granted such . ( Many thanks indeed for correction )

I understand that what matters is quality , but at the same time I do not see why quality & quantity cannot go hand in hand , considering that your respectable forum appears amongst top Islamic forums in search engines . I do appreciate & admire this wonderful , respectable & respectful forum , so please do not be offended or take it to heart .

I was just "amazed" to see with my own eyes people seeking knowledge about Islam . I have always read about it , but never came into "real" ( or perhaps "actual " is the correct word ??) contact with Muslims on the other side of the world , and "true" peaople wanting to know about Islam . Do parden me please but I feel like flying in the air >>> It is just a great feeling to have srtong ties so far away , the strongest tie ever - Islam .

I have drifted away , haven't I ?? Sorry but this is one of my flaws - the most notable actually !

Back to the target - subject , I mean subject ! I thought this should be a stimulating motive for the forum to be more active - enthusiastically active . Maybe I just got it wrong , so please understand my point . Sincerely , I meant no offence .
    I wil strive harder on my part . I was afraid I would be laughed at or ... but your gentle welcome put me at ease .
    Indeed much obliged .

Salaams sister,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I also think your English is quite good as it is.
    Yes the forum is less active than usual, I think probably because the main website is still under repair.

I have also stopped posting.... maybe we are just waiting for fresh insights .

I would say dont be afraid of replying to a thread from a few years ago, if you feel you have something relavant to say in it.

Peace,
    Kabeer.
    “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

welcome sister

Default Myself

As Salamuallikum,

my name is Tanvir.I live in Ireland in school at the moment.Finished my GCSE last year.Doing an extra year.I was lookin for an specific answer on google and found this website.I have to say mashallah this is a great forum.I could learn more from this website about Islam nd the understanding of it.Thanks.