Thread: IQBAL--Ilm aur ishq,aql aur dil

Default IQBAL--Ilm aur ishq,aql aur dil

Salams,

Iqbal,in his poetry,advocates the supremacy of ishq(love) over ilm(knowledge) and Dil(Heart) over Aql(Intellect).He says “ilm hai ibn-ul-kitab ishq hai umm-ul-kitab”and

and that aql khuda ju hai(God-seeking) aur dil khuda numa(God-showing) hai”

Is he right?

Default Re: IQBAL--Ilm aur ishq,aql aur dil

Salaam Brother Aslam,

I can see what Allamah Iqbal means when he says love over wisdom and heart over intellect, it is true. U must be sincerely in love with Allah before u seek wisdom, otherwise u could even be an atheist and be wise in Islam, right? Same with heart. U can have a pretty ignorant person with a strong heart in Islam, and a clever, intellectual with a heart not in Islam. The sincerety should be first, so i agree with him in that. It doesnt mean though, that we should discard wisdom and intellect, no. They work together, one with the other, complimentary.

And Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon
    Salaam Brother Aslam,

I can see what Allamah Iqbal means when he says love over wisdom and heart over intellect, it is true. U must be sincerely in love with Allah before u seek wisdom, otherwise u could even be an atheist and be wise in Islam, right? Same with heart. U can have a pretty ignorant person with a strong heart in Islam, and a clever, intellectual with a heart not in Islam. The sincerety should be first, so i agree with him in that. It doesnt mean though, that we should discard wisdom and intellect, no. They work together, one with the other, complimentary.

And Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.
    Nice reply haroon..
    i think most of the poets having a same opinion they love these type of fantasies things..

jazakAlllah

Assalamoalaikum,
    heart is not in a person's control, :love: if u love somebody u cant sop ur self, bcuz u just love that person. :love: but if their are worldly loves in ur heart then ur heart is not clean and pure. when it will be clean and pur, ur heart will want and love Allah like anything :love: . and what is the way to make ur heart pure so it wud be capable for Allah to stay in? zikr, zikr -e ilahi, zikr-e-qulbi/khafi is the zikr of heart and cleans the heart more quicker than anyother way. :shiny:
    that is it
    wassalam
    Allah Hafiz

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Ikhwan
    what is the way to make ur heart pure so it wud be capable for Allah to stay in? zikr, zikr -e ilahi, zikr-e-qulbi/khafi is the zikr of heart and cleans the heart more quicker than anyother way. :shiny:
    that is it
    wassalam
    Allah Hafiz
    Salam brother Akhi.
    I think Zikr e Allah n Fikr e Rasool makes a combination to clean the heart.

Fikr e rasool = to spread the deeen thourgh out the world n every person 'll recite the Kalima.. [ PREACHING ]

this is my personel opinion plz correct me if i m rong

JazakAlllah

Assalamoalaikum,

spreading word of Allah is tabligh and is a farz and a pillar of islam.
    that gives u good deeds, and raises ur deed s higher.
    but to clean ur own heart their is only one way that is zikr...
    zikr in any form,
    but the zikr of khafi-qulbi
    is fastest
    jazak Allah
    wassalam

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Ikhwan
    Assalamoalaikum,

spreading word of Allah is tabligh and is a farz and a pillar of islam.
    that gives u good deeds, and raises ur deed s higher.
    but to clean ur own heart their is only one way that is zikr...
    zikr in any form,
    but the zikr of khafi-qulbi
    is fastest
    jazak Allah
    wassalam
    Salam Akhi.

really nice relpy... but ifeel that when sum 1 work out for DEEN E ISLAM. allah gives him knowledge n clean his heart from the lust n any other things.. i m not opposes ZIKR but just want to clearify the reality of TABLEEGH bcoz most of the people are unaware about this..

Thanx AKHI

Salaam Brothers,

Why must it be "tabligh"? Why cant it be "d'awah"? Must we split even that and make it as if its a totally new thing, specific to one sect. I wouldnt want to do tabligh, but i would do d'awah, from the very premis of the words you are implicitly splitting the ummah.

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon
    Salaam Brothers,

Why must it be "tabligh"? Why cant it be "d'awah"? Must we split even that and make it as if its a totally new thing, specific to one sect. I wouldnt want to do tabligh, but i would do d'awah, from the very premis of the words you are implicitly splitting the ummah."
    Salams,
    Haroon! Ur right! "Dawah" is the right word.By the word"Tabligh" most of our tablighi Brothers mean "Tablighi Jamaat"

Assalamoalaikum,
    oh i thought tabligh and dawaah mean the same,
    i didnt know tablighi brothers make tabligh mean tablighi jamaat.

anyway
    arshhad4u
    dawah is good , Allah does give u more knowledge, it is good, u get good deeds so on. but cleaning ur heart is a seperate thing. to clean ur heart u need to do zikr.
    "no doubt the polish of heart is the zikr of ALlah"
    jazak Allah
    wassalam

salam Akhi.
    Thnx for ur kind word .
    n haroon u 2 thanx for clering my points.. but tableegh is also a dawa'h .. is there any differnce bw Them ?? not more ... i tihnk plz correct me..

JazakAlllah

Thank u for ur posts! Iqbal,in persuance of his spiritual mentor Rumi,speaks disparagingly of khirad(intellect) while the Quran invariably invites its readers to use their intellect?

Salaam Aslam sahib,

Islam is not really a religion of simple books and words, there is a lot to the spiritual side as well. Allamah Iqbal is not saying that we should throw intellect out of the window, lol, rather he is saying that "heart" has a priority in the religion over intellect, which i believe is completely true. Whats the point of learning everything there is to know about Islam when u dont give a damn? I mean, a person who knows nothing has got higher chances of Paradise simply because he loved and got into the religion with his heart. We think that the more we know the better muslims we are, this is not necessarily the case. Outwardly we may be, but inside, i doubt it. U have to sit and focus ur mind on both the knowledge u have obtained and the amount ur heart moves towards the religion. If u dont have heart, theres no real point to persue knowledge.

Attachment 267
    Last edited by Guest; 19th July 2006 at 12:12. Reason: to help Ratsy