Thread: Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa

Default Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa

Has anyone heard of this boy?

Default Re: Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa

I reckon this will go into a 10-page discussion.
    1.4 billion people live under the poverty line - 1.25 USD per day. 20000 Africans die needlessly everyday due to AIDS, malaria and TB. 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat. 3/4s of this are rural poor farmers who will also bear the brunt of global warming.

hehe

To be honest, I find the child's behaviour repellent. That could just be cultural bias on my part, because I come from a background where any 5 year-old who pointed his finger and shrilled at adults would've been met with swift correction, administered hard and straight to the backside.
    Knowledge shrinks as wisdom grows.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

*suspicious* I suspect that at least half of what we hear about the boy is severely embellished. There is one thing that puzzles me though (well above others), according to one forum he was born in December 1993. That would make him 14 now, where are more recent videos of him if this is the case?

Does anybody have a *good* source that says when he was born?

Edit: This is one of the only sources I could find.
    Last edited by Ramsey; 2nd March 2008 at 09:05. Reason: Adding a source.
    The image-obsessed, bloodthirsty, sensationalistic world outside your window is the real madhouse.

www.islamic-relief.com

Administrator

What makes Muslims so attracted to such things. I'm not saying there's anything with a five year old making a nice speech, but much as Muhtadiyah said there is something a little off about the whole thing...he's five...he's a "sheikh"...and he's preaching to the masses. How much does he really understand about what he is saying? How much can he pontificate on based on the five years he's existed...not to mention the fact that you have to take away a year or two for some sort of development. I know what it is, it's a "miracle." Maybe it validates some to believe in such things. Here's another boy that likes to point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    What makes Muslims so attracted to such things. I'm not saying there's anything with a five year old making a nice speech, but much as Muhtadiyah said there is something a little off about the whole thing...he's five...he's a "sheikh"...and he's preaching to the masses. How much does he really understand about what he is saying? How much can he pontificate on based on the five years he's existed...not to mention the fact that you have to take away a year or two for some sort of development. I know what it is, it's a "miracle." Maybe it validates some to believe in such things. Here's another boy that likes to point.
    People love embellishment, circuses and being proved right. This particular example simply combines them all into one neat package.

It's not only Muslims though, think about people who see Elvis in a potato.
    The image-obsessed, bloodthirsty, sensationalistic world outside your window is the real madhouse.

www.islamic-relief.com

I can think of two things- need for miracles and the Mahdi idea.
    1.4 billion people live under the poverty line - 1.25 USD per day. 20000 Africans die needlessly everyday due to AIDS, malaria and TB. 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat. 3/4s of this are rural poor farmers who will also bear the brunt of global warming.

ive read somewhere on a comment of a video of him that he is in now teaching in a south african madrassa

i liked the way he bowed his head when shaking hands

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    People love embellishment, circuses and being proved right. This particular example simply combines them all into one neat package.

It's not only Muslims though, think about people who see Elvis in a potato.
    You Are Right About That Brother, And Clearly He Has Talent Which Allah Is Showing Us So Why Don't We Just Accept That Fact.

Sheikh Sharifuddin khalifa is a miraculous boy, born in Tanzania, East Africa where Muslims are only a minority. His parents were catholic Christians. Their native language is Swahili and they did not know Arabic.

He was a Quran-hafiz at the age of 1 ˝ years and was praying five times a day. He started reciting Quran verses by heart, without being taught. His first words were in Arabic and can be translated as:”You people repent and you will be forgiven by GOD”. His Parents thought he was possessed by demons. Muslim Neighbors were able to interpret his speech. His parents realized that he was a miraculous child, so they converted to Islam.

He speaks English, French, Italian, Swahili and Arabic without formal education. He started delivering sermons and lectures at the age four to five years in Africa and Europe that draw thousands of people. Because of him thousands have converted to Islam.

He is a miracle sent by GOD and is indeed a clear sign of ALLAH.