Thread: vB Code - EXPAND

Default vB Code - EXPAND

EXPAND

Is this a new vB Code?

In the "Something is wrong in Japan" thread, my post (#3) did not originally include an EXPAND vB Code. But it contains one, now. Did a mod edit my post? Or is the board set to automatically replace another vB Code with the EXPAND vB Code? Or some other explanation for how this works?

Thank you.

"Won't the world be lovely when everyone thinks like me!" 'They' need to be converted or re-educated. And when that fails, as it inevitably will, the shooting starts.

~muhtadiyah (Modzilla)

[Ask the Checklist]
    [See all threads updated in Last 30 Days]

Default Re: vB Code - EXPAND

bump

"Won't the world be lovely when everyone thinks like me!" 'They' need to be converted or re-educated. And when that fails, as it inevitably will, the shooting starts.

~muhtadiyah (Modzilla)

[Ask the Checklist]

It was done by one of the mod for thread clarity I believe. I do not like when they don't use 'Edit By' legend so that at least member know why and who edited their posts. This also ensures and make the trust on members that their posts aren't being edited suspiciously. It might be a little thing but worth discussing anyway.
    Google is my survival.

Sorry, Checklist; that would have been me. When I'm perusing threads I usually put long quotes in an expand tag, to make scrolling easier. I only do that to cut & paste articles; I don't do that to anything a member has written themselves. The staff may also put potentially offensive or alarming photos (for example, bloody corpses) in an expand tag, too.

You can, of course, remove the expand tags if you like.

At one time, vbulletin automatically made a footnote to record any editing done by staff, but that function disappeared somewhere along the way. In any case, the forum policy is that staff must leave a note in the body of any post they edit. Generally, the only 'tampering' we do is to remove racial slurs, curse words and such like. In that case, we leave an [edited for profanity], or something like that. Luckily, we very seldom have that problem here.

As far as restoring the 'Edited by' legend, that'd be a job for Chuck or Ratty. That sort of thing is beyond the capacity of my limited superpowers.
    Knowledge shrinks as wisdom grows.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

As far as restoring the 'Edited by' legend, that'd be a job for Chuck or Ratty. That sort of thing is beyond the capacity of my limited superpowers.
    Just put the reason for editing thats it. Even a dot would be suffice just like that.
    Last edited by Roswell; 18th February 2008 at 11:03. Reason: .
    Google is my survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Just put the reason for editing thats it. Even a dot would be suffice just like that.
    Yup. What I meant was that the 'Edited by' footnote used to show up automatically; there was no way to prevent it. Now it only shows up if the mod makes a note in the 'Reason' field, so it's more or less optional.
    Knowledge shrinks as wisdom grows.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

~muhtadiyah (Modzilla)

[Ask the Checklist]