Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Video Vault

Default Re: Video Vault

The Occult History of the Third Reich

If you've ever suspected that something about those Nazis was a tad off, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it, this may help clear things up a bit. I'd recommend this to Muslims (or our atheist friends) who still insist that Nazism was Christianity's baby. This is a pretty strange brew of mythology, occultism and fascism.

Episode I - Adolph Hitler

Episode II - The SS Blood and Soil

Episode III - The Enigma of the Swastika - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5

Episode IV - Himmler the Mystic
    Knowledge shrinks as wisdom grows.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

The Life of the Buddha

A BBC production exploring the origins, life and teachings of Siddhartha, the founder of Buddhism.

The Life of the Buddha
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Life After People

'What would happen if every human being on earth disappeared?' Sit back and watch Nature reclaim her turf, while the proudest acheivements of our civilization crumble with surprising rapidity. The narrator is a bit overly-dramatic, in the style of Don LaFontaine, but I found this oddly cheering. After watching 'Earthlings', the sight of deer and wolves roaming the ruins of Manhattan seemed like poetic justice.

Life After People
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

A Class Divided

This oldie-but-goodie is a great lesson in the power of social conditioning. A third-grade teacher divides her class into blue-eyed and brown-eyed children, and discriminates against each group in turn. The effects on the children's self-esteem and behaviour, including grades, is immediately noticeable.

A Class Divided
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Living Dolls

Watching this film is like picking at a scab; it's doesn't feel good and it looks gross, but morbid fascination compels you to finish the deed. This is about child beauty pageants. Luckily, the gene responsible for this maladaptive behaviour seems to be isolated in the southern U.S.A. I'm not sure why I'm including it here, but if you've been depressed about your parenting abilities, you can watch this and feel so much better.

Living Dolls - Part I

Living Dolls - Part II

Living Dolls - Part III

Living Dolls - Part IV

Living Dolls - Part V

Living Dolls - Part VI

Living Dolls - Part VII

Living Dolls - Part VIII
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

I Want My Father Back

This documentary exposes yet another quiet crisis that's received almost no media attention. Since the 1960's, the Indian government has yielded to pressure from multi-national corporations, the WTO and IMF, creating agricultural policies that have depleted the soil, polluted the water, and forced small farmers deep into debt. In parts of India, farmers have been commiting suicide by the thousands, at the rate of 2-3 per day, and others have resorted to selling their kidneys to keep their land from being taken by moneylenders. The end result is families forced off their land, paving the way for giant agri-business to monopolize food production.

I Want My Father Back - Part I

I Want My Father Back - Part II
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

China Blue

Follow 16 year old Jasmine as she moves to the city and takes work at Lifeng factory, making blue jeans for export. She works about 18 hours a day earning an average of 3 cents per hour, and gets one day off per month. She lives in a dorm with 11 other girls, for which her employer charges her room as well as board. Additionally, her pay is docked for any violation of company rules. The film makers managed to gain amazing access, though some bits are shot undercover.

China Blue
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

The Invisible War

This sad report details the U.S. military's use of depleted uranium munitions in the first Gulf War and the Balkans, and analyzes the long-term effects of the radioactive debris left behind. Iraqi civilians continue to suffer and die, as well as U.S. veterans (Gulf War Syndrome), who weren't warned of the dangers by our own government. Many of the workers on the clean up crews have since died of cancer.

The Invisible War - Part 1

The Invisible War - Part 2

The Invisible War - Part 3

The Invisible War - Part 4

The Invisible War - Part 5

The Invisible War - Part 6

The Invisible War - Part 7
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Why We Fight

An award-winning history of the rise of the American military industrial complex, and the private economic interests that manipulate our nation into needless war and conflicts around the globe.

Why We Fight
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

For The Bible Tells Me So

What would you do if your child was homosexual? Watch the story of how religious families from a variety of Christian denominational backgrounds have coped with that discovery. This is an affirmative account that takes a definite point of view, so I expect it will be a little controversial. I thought it was quite well-done.

For The Bible Tells Me So
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Sex Slaves

A Frontline undercover investigation into sex trafficking. In eastern Europe, traffickers lure young girls from needy families with the promise of domestic work in Turkey, where they're sold to pimps and forced into prostitution. The film makers follow a Russian husband to Istanbul, where he tries to track down and rescue his wife.

Sex Slaves
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic ~ Blessed Mother Teresa

Thanks, Junaid; that was interesting.

There's a new documentary by Parvez Sharma called, "A Jihad for Love," about Islam and homosexuality, and it looks like it might be good. It's still quite recently released, so I haven't found it on-line yet, but if I ever do I'll post it here.
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Taxi to the Dark Side

This won the 2007 Academy Award for Best Documentary. A young Afghan taxi driver named Dilawar is taken into U.S. custody and dies 5 days later under interrogation at Bagram Air Base. Using his homicide as a springboard, the film examines the history of U.S. policy on torture, and the current debate regarding its moral and legal status.

For the sensitive souls among us, this film contains some graphic photos of victims at Bagram and Abu Ghraib.

Taxi to the Dark Side
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead

Grizzly Man

This is the story of Timothy Treadwell, a self-appointed environmentalist and wildlife advocate who spent the last 13 summers of his life living with grizzly bears in Alaska. Timothy's risk-taking behaviour eventually led to his death - he was killed and eaten by a bear. Taken from his own film footage, it's a simultaneously sad and humorous character study on an unbalanced mind.

The film has been parsed into 20 segments. This link leads to the YouTube site where you can find all of them.

Grizzly Man
    ~ Alfred North Whitehead