Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunni or Shia..Who's right?

Default Re: Sunni or Shia..Who's right?

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    Should we continue to debate issues between Aishay pbuh and Ali pbuh. on the basis of hearsay[?]
    But aren't all of the Quran and hadith hearsay as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mimis View Post
    But aren't all of the Quran and hadith hearsay as well?
    if it was hearsay as you catastrophically claim, then both would not have been the core of state legislation for the 12 hundred years and there is no argument that you have or can ever muster up to convince me that mullions upon millions could not decipher between fact and hearsay.
    Islamic Thought In the Modern Era of the Islamic Awakening: Dissemination of Islamic research and studies
    al-Mustaqeem Publications
    “The bonds of Islam will be broken one by one. Every time a bond is undone, the people will cling to the bond that follows. The first of these bonds is rulership (khilaafa) and the last is the prayer (salah).” Reported by Ahmad and Tabarani. Al-Hakim stated that the chain is authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Boriqi View Post
    if it was hearsay as you catastrophically claim, then both would not have been the core of state legislation for the 12 hundred years and there is no argument that you have or can ever muster up to convince me that mullions upon millions could not decipher between fact and hearsay.
    Definition of hearsay: "The report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law." How are the Quran and Hadith not hearsay?

That is the legal definition of hearsay. The "il-legal" (non-legal :P) definition is "Information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate". Qur'an was received from people numbering in the thousands, hence one can amply substantiate the perfect preservation of it given the sheer number of witnesses and the immaculate word-to-word report, devoid of any degree of dis-similarity between the individual accounts received from these very many people. So no, not hearsay.

Nice thread to discuss

Maybe the real question is, "why have they divided the deen into pieces, after being clearly commanded not to do so?".

Muslim is right....................

Islam and Muslims

The name of this religion is Islam, the root of which is Silm and Salam which means peace. Salam may also mean greeting one another with peace. One of the beautiful names of God is that He is the Peace. It means more than that: submission to the One God, and to live in peace with the Creator, within one's self, with other people and with the environment. Thus, Islam is a total system of living. A Muslim is supposed to live in peace and harmony with all these segments; hence, a Muslim is any person anywhere in the world whose obedience, allegiance, and loyalty are to God, the Lord of the Universe.

For more details Please check this link http://www.alim.org/library/islam/ar...g%20of%20Islam
    Last edited by Anis; 23rd July 2011 at 04:31.

Cool Re: Sunni or Shia..Who's right?

Hello,

I am telling you right away.
    SHIA IS THE RIGHT PAST.
    First of all, when you think of it; sunni took the pass of prophet mohamad and his friends and shia the pass of prophet mohamad and his family!
    Wich one is more ligic?
    Obviuosly its shia!!!!!!!!
    Plz everyone don't wait for the day of judgement where there's nowhere to run and hide!!! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!
    SHIA RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghadir View Post
    First of all, when you think of it; sunni took the pass of prophet mohamad and his friends and shia the pass of prophet mohamad and his family!
    what's a pass?
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Hello,
    Here is an example: " the passage of gold"
    Like the way of prophete mohamad (salat 3alayhi w 3ala alihi).
    Thx for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ghadir View Post
    Hello,
    Here is an example: " the passage of gold"
    Like the way of prophete mohamad (salat 3alayhi w 3ala alihi).
    Thx for your reply
    Okay, so your implication is that Sunnis follow the way of the Prophet and his companions while Shia follow the way of the Prophet and his family?
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Yea! Thats exacly wat i meant!!!
    Thank you
    your's is way less complicated!!!
    good

Do the Prophet's companions not include his family as well?

well, I dont know about all Sunnis but for a few Muslims (including me at least), only the Prophet is the final authority on and of Islam. I think the difference between Shia and Sunni is primarily on the station of Imamah which is accepted by the former. As per 2:124, Abraham was made an Imam and the Imamah rested in his family, but was it a distinct station from Prophethood, or only that some Prophets were Imams, like some Prophets were Messengers.

In the Sunni case, it seems Imamah (in whatever aspect it was there) has also ended with the end of Prophethood. Anyhow, you or me debating this will not determine who is right, the best a person can do is be objective and choose according to his knowledge.

Hey,
    look i don't mind about sunnah and shia; we are brothers and sisters; we are muslims. But the imamah was given to imam ali after prophet mohamad died but abou baker and companion took it from him... In fact, thats why shia celebrate eid al ghadeer because its the day were prophet mohamad gives the khalifa to imam ali, but you guys don't because for you its not imam ali that "took the khalifa after prophet mohamad" its prophet mohamad companions. !!!! may god bless you all and inshallah on the day of judgement we will know who's right and whos wrong! And by the way, prphet mohamad and companion are not imamas because they are not perfect and ma3soumin... Lets say that i am prophet mohamads friend, that means i am a imam???
    Think of it!!! please!!!!

srry i said: And by the way, prphet mohamad and companion " its not wat i meant
    i mean prophet mohamad's companion not prophet mohamad..sorry