Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Location of Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)

Default Re: Location of Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)

I still don't believe that Yajuj and Majuj are Russians or Chinese. It doesn't fit. These monsters are isolated right now, and we have no knowledge of them. Many russians and chinese are muslims. It is illogical to say that they are any present ethnicity.
    Ansar, In the bible it is not illogical because they come from the North. Magog is human. I think you have just been watching too much star wars movies. Have you ever thought that maybe that the monsters were just the best description of what ancient men saw? Maybe John of the bible was describing just what he saw. How would an anceint person that had never seen modern warfare describe what they saw? I am not talking about what is in islam but in the bible.

mule

Ansar Al-Haq

What are the key points the Bible makes about Gog and Magog?

So far, the Bible just makes them out to be angry tribes. Is there anything else?

I think calling Chinese people Gog is very racist.

I think calling Chinese people Gog is very racist.
    I don't believe that Gog is the Chinese people. Do you think that I am being a racist by saying that I think that Russia and Europe are Magog and Gog? Even if I did think that the Chinese people were Gog I would not be racist. Be reasonable.

What are the key points the Bible makes about Gog and Magog?

So far, the Bible just makes them out to be angry tribes. Is there anything else?
    I gave you the verses and my opinion.

What else should there be? It just says that they will make war against Israel and they will be butchered.

mule

Ansar Al-Haq

Ok, I just wanted to know if that was all there was in the Bible.

So there is not much known about them in either Christianity or Islam.

Seeker of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-Haq
    Btw, Nadeem can you bring an authentic hadith that shows they are from Nuh?

Salaam Bro,

I am sorry I cannot and I only said that they are likely to be from Nuh(A),meaning that is what I thought!
    My opinion based on some sources such as the Bible and Ibn Kathir's 'Al-Bidayah wa'l-Nihayah'.

Please read this interesting page as it covers the topic very well;
    http://muslimsonline.com/babri/yajujmajuj.htm

Wasalaam.
    And say:"the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Quran.

Ansar Al-Haq

Yes, that did sound familiar. I remember reading it in Al-Bidayah Wa-Nihayah, now that you mention it. But that is still opinion, I believe.

I read the link. It is very comprehensive on the traditional ideas.

But if you agree with those views then you must say that Gog anbd Magog are already out and about. The mongols would be the first wave I guess.
    Do you think they are already out?

Can we not do some sort of scientific investigation to locate any hidden subterannean caverns inhabited by them?

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Ansar,

Yes it is only opinion and there is no solid evidence that they are from Nuh(A),but we cannot say for certain that they are not from him either.
    Allah(SWT) truly knows best.

That page also covers peoples opinions on who Yajuj and Majuj may be.

I personally don't believe that they are out and about because the hadith clearly says they are behind a barrier which they have been trying to penetrate.
    The Holy Qur'an also clearly tells us that they were trapped behind this barrier.
    When they have completely penetrated it,then they will rush out in all directions and this will happen after Easa(A) returns.

So I don't know how people can say that they are already out and try to identify them by races living in their area.

Wasalaam.
    Last edited by Nadeem; 22nd December 2004 at 19:50.
    And say:"the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Quran.

Ansar Al-Haq

So we can effectively cancel out that opinion that they are a race/nation known to us.

The only alternative I see is the opinion I put forward (subteranean monsters). Is there anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem
    I personally don't believe that they are out and about because the hadith clealry says they are behind a barrier which they have been trying to penetrate.
    The Holy Qur'an also clearly tells us that they were trapped behind this barrier.
    When they have completely penetrated it,then they will rush out in all directions and this will happen after Easa(A) returns.
    Wasalaam.
    A cassette I have by Maulana Ahmad Ali says that they keep trying to penetrate a wall (<-Same thing?) and then they rest for the night and then when they return in the morning they find the wall completely restored. This keeps happening and Alla (SWT) doesn't let them think to carry on trying to penetrate the wall through the night instead of going to rest and finding it restored in the morning. This is true, isn't it? yay or nay?
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

I remember when at one of the lectures I attended many years ago a lecturer, an ex SAS captain...pleasant fellow..used to digress and talk about his training and missions breif as they were...he mentioned a time when he was in China where he heard stories from villagers about people coming out from underneath the ground..happening on occasion.. walking bewildered and entering upon villagers..over many years...gradually settling into village life...telling people how they had been living under the ground and how there is a society there..they had found a way out somehow and wished not to return..I always wanted to talk about it more with him..but held back..

Strange but true...

Ansar Al-Haq

Quote Originally Posted by Osman
    A cassette I have by Maulana Ahmad Ali says that they keep trying to penetrate a wall (<-Same thing?) and then they rest for the night and then when they return in the morning they find the wall completely restored. This keeps happening and Alla (SWT) doesn't let them think to carry on trying to penetrate the wall through the night instead of going to rest and finding it restored in the morning. This is true, isn't it? yay or nay?
    Yes, that's from a hadith.

Oh
    "I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Seeker of Truth

Salaam all,

Well I have found some interesting material here. :cheer:
    Please visit www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html#ma'juj.

Wasalaam.
    Holy Quran.

Ansar Al-Haq

thanks for the info bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem
    Salaam all,

Well I have found some interesting material here. :cheer:
    Please visit www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html#ma'juj.

Wasalaam.
    Assalam . . .

:shiny: Some quite good info, and a good step off the Thul-Qarnayn road. Although I don't entirely agree with going with a set of four walls to choose from.

Wassalam . . .