Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
help

Thread: help

Veteran Member

Default help

salam brothers and sisters, i need some urgent help. I requested for someone to help me out how to get the quran on your phone, sheik haroon and roswell helped me out. Gave me the file name, PocketQuran.SIS. But i no nothing about mobile phones or computers or how to download off the computer on to the phone. I click on the file (i says unknown file etc) so i go on internet, the google and type in PocketQuran.SIS and i went on the fist that came up on the search. Now i scrolled down to the P section, found PocketQuran.SIS file, saved it (again) and thats about it so far. My blootooth is on (on my phone). So could anyone help me out what to do next!

Default Re: help

bluetooth is something similair as infra red, maybe you don't know but laptops have an infra red port usually default from the factory (Compaq lol)

Anyways your bluetooth thelephone needs to communicat with your pc, therefore your pc needs also bluetooth, you can buy these nice little handy bluetooth usb adapters to install on your pc

perhaps you already have something like that, I dont know, maybe your telephone can connect though a cradle or a cable also with your pc, but you need to check out your mobile phone website, this website provides software for your telephone so you can connect with bluetooth.

read an example here:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,397,00.html
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran Member

thanks i will check it out inshallah

How do I connect my 6600 to my PC?
    The 6600 can connect to a PC via Bluetooth or infrared using Nokia's connectivity software supplied on CD, or for download from www.nokia.com. If your PC doesn't support either Bluetooth or IR, then you may want to consider buying an adapter that can be plugged into your computer's USB or Serial port. Here is a summary of how to connect your 6600 to your PC.

IR connection-From the 6600, select 'Connect | Infrared' to turn the phone's IR on. Line up the phone with the PC infrared port, and Windows should detect the 6600. Then, use the Nokia Connectivity package to select the file you want to send to the 6600. For more on IR, see our PC connectivity page
    There are several IR adapters available, including the pictured 'USB-IRDA Adaptor' from Maplin Electronics (Cat no: RV88V), or the GIrBIL serial adapter from Clove.
    Bluetooth connection-From the 6600, select 'Connect | Bluetooth'. Turn Bluetooth 'On', then move to the second tab by moving the joystick to the right. This should show you all Bluetooth devices in range. If your PC isn't shown, select 'Options | New paired device' and let the 6600 search for the PC connection. When the phone and PC are paired, use the Nokia Connectivity package to select the file you want to send to the 6600.
    There are several Bluetooth adapters available - take a look at the range offered by Dabs.com. It's also worth taking a look at the Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter available for around £34 from Amazon.For details of Bluetooth, see our Bluetooth page, and for help connecting, see ourPC connectivity page

Memory card reader-If you don't want to beam files from your PC to the phone, another option is to make use of the MMC card slot in the 6600. Get hold of a Memory card reader for around £20 and copy files onto an MMC card plugged into your PC. Find out more on our Memory card page.Files beamed to the 6600 can be found in the Messaging application, in the Inbox folder.

How do I install software?
    Assuming you have a SIS file on your PC/Mac (either downloaded from the Internet or on a CD), the ways to install a SIS file onto your handset are as follows:

Beaming - Beam the file to your handset from your PC using Bluetooth or IR. If you don't currently have the ability to beam files to the handset via Bluetooth or infrared (either from another handheld device or from a PC), then you may wish to purchase an IRDA adapter for your PC (this means you'll be able to install software, backup and synchronise data between phone and PC) - See our Series 60 PC connectivity page for more.

Install via PC - Assuming you've installed the PC connectivity suite that was supplied with your phone, look for the "Install software" option. You'll need to have the handset connected to the PC via serial, Bluetooth or infrared for this to work. - See our Series 60 PC connectivity page for more.
    By email - The alternative, is to email the file that you're trying to install, typically a SIS (Symbian installation file) to your own email account, and then use your phone to logon to your email (details) and download the SIS file as an attachment into your phone's Messaging Inbox.

Via memory card - There is another alternative for users of phones that take memory cards (such as the 3650 and 6600) by transferring the SIS file to the handset via the card slot and a PC MMC Memory card reader. Copy files onto an MMC from your PC, and then insert the MMC card into your handset. You'll need to have a file manager on your 6600 to access the file from the memory card (file managers are available from www.symbos.com)..
    If you've downloaded an application and find you can't install it - make sure the file you're trying to install is a SIS (Symbian Installation) file. Many files are distributed in a compressed form (using the ZIP file format). If the file has a .ZIP extension, you'll need to unzip it first. You can do this with a PC application such as WinZip, or on the phone itself using the ZipMan application.

I hope it helps.

Google is my survival.

The easy way is to go to the Nokia customer care center with a floppy disk containing pocketquran.sis and they will get it burned on the spot.
    Last edited by Roswell; 4th December 2004 at 08:43.
    Google is my survival.