Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dajjal

Default Dajjal

Salams,
    I just can,t understand this dajjal thing?Some ahaddith suggest that the Prophet(pbuh)and Sahaba(raa)were
    looking for him in their times.Some ahadith suggest that he would appear before Qiyamah.Is he name of a person or a metaphor for a civilisation or nation?

Salaam Aslam,

Well Dajjal is most commonly known as the one eyed Antichrist who will come at the end of time, some time soon, no doubt. U must have heard about him, big guy, head above clouds, water of the deepest oceans only up to his heels, an image of heaven in one hand and an image of hell in the other. He will be the greatest fitnah, the greatest tribulation that mankind has ever faced. Before this dajjal comes, 30 dajjals will appear. All 30 have appeared. They say that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadian was a minor dajjal, elijah mohammed, the founder of the so called Nation of Islam, was a minor dajjal. Anyone major who turns people from the faith.

As u probably know this Dajjal is believed to appear in a place near Syria called Shaam (i think). He will move aside two mountains and come out from within them. Those who are present at the time are advised to stay away from him and recite the first 10 ayahs of Sura 'Kaaf. He will be from the Jews and will be popular amongst them. First he will claim to be a prophet, everywhere he will go Jews and atheists will join him (having finally been assured that "some" divine being exists). Well i think its sumthing like 40,000 jews that will join him and then he will claim to be Allah himself. He will travel the 4 corners (which corners are these i wonder? Stupid phrase really) of the world and everyone weak of iman will flock to him. Everywhere he will go even so called "muslims" will join him believing him to be Allah.

He will go to a poor, disbeliever's home and ask him to join him. The man will say "Yes" and will join. Immediately good fortune will be his, he will have youth, food, women, wealth and "happiness". As for a believer who was wealthy and young and had wives and children, Dajjal would ask him to join as well but the man would reply "NO". The Dajjal would leave and immediately the man would become old and frail, his wives would die along with his children, his food would spoil and rot, his wealth would vanish and so on. This would be the greatest test of mankind.

He would then get to the cities of Makkah and Madinah but would not be able to enter as each would be guarded by angels. However madinah would be shaken 3 times by earthquakes and all those whose iman was weak would come out and fall victim to the Dajjal.

Eventually as u would probably know Imam Mehdi's army will be preparing for salah, scholars vary on which salah, sum say fajr others say asr, but the iqamat would be being done and imam Mehdi will take the lead and Hazrat Isa (Jesus) will be seen descending from the heavens with his hands on the wings (some say shoulders) of 2 angels. Imam Mehdi will step back to allow Hazrat Isa to lead the prayer, Hazrat Isa will respond "No. The iqamat was done for u so u lead the prayer". The story goes on, that Hazrat Isa would see the Dajjal and the Dajjal would melt until he was the size of a man and eventually Hazrat Isa will kill the Dajjal using a spear.

Well this is the story concerning the Dajjal that is to come, perhaps i gave too much information but nonetheless, may Allah forgive me for any errors.

And Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Haroon,

This is the first I'm hearing about the size of the Dajjal being so big.I don't agree because there is no indication in any ahadith that he will be any bigger than a normal sized man.
    And Easa(as) will slay him at the gate of Ludd,so how can he be so big and tall??
    Wasalaam.

"And say that the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Qur'an.

everywhere he will go Jews and atheists will join him (having finally been assured that "some" divine being exists).

Oh, I'd need much better evidence than a huge man moving aside a couple of mountains!

Lol, Mirrage u are too much! Im sure if u did see the Dajjal, u would probably be convinced! U know i wrote the word "atheists" just for u!

Salaam Nadeem,

U are right that Isa will kill him but u must have missed the part where i said:

..."that Hazrat Isa would see the Dajjal and the Dajjal would melt until he was the size of a man..."

I heard it first the size of the dajjal would be so big... can I've some references, I want to read more about this.

thanks in advance.

Hadhrat Imraan bin Husain (R.A.) relates that, "I heard Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) saying: "Since the birth of Adam (A.S.) till the advent of Qiyamah there is no fitnah (evil, test) much greater that of Dajjal."

Imraan bin Husain (R.A.) says Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Those who hear about Dajjal should stay far from him. By Allah! A person will approach him thinking him to be a Believer, but on seeing his amazing feats he will become his follower."

If you still have any doubt regarding him then remember that your Sustainer (Rabb) is not one-eyed. (Because Dajjal will eventually claim to be Allah). In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Abu Saeed (R.A.), Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "Dajjal will come but it will be prohibited and impossible for him to enter Madina. He will set up camp in a barren land outside Madina. One person who will be the best of persons will confront him by saying: "I bear witness that you are the very Dajjal about whom Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has informed us."

Dajjal will say to his followers, "If I kill this person and then revive him, you people will still doubt me?"

They will reply, "No."

He will then kill this person, (according to another narration he will split this person in two) and thereafter revive him. This person will say, "I am totally convinced more than ever before that you definitely are Dajjal."

Dajjal will attempt to kill this person again but his efforts will now be in vain.

(According to a hadith, after this incident, Dajjal will not be able to harm anyone.)

Hadhrat Anas (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Dajjal will come and finally reach the outskirts of Madina. There will be three tremors. At that time, all the disbelievers and hypocrites will flee (from Madina).

In this way Madina Munawwarah will be purified of all the evil hypocrites.

Hadhrat Asma bint Yazeed (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) once came to my house and there he spoke about Dajjal. He said that before the emergence of Dajjal there will be three spells of drought. In one year the skies will withold one third of its rains, causing the earth to withold one third of its produce. In the second year the skies will withold two thirds of its rains, causing the earth to withold two thirds of its produce. In the third year, the skies will withold all its water and there will be no crops that year. All animals, be they hooved or toothed, will die as a result. The greatest evil of Dajjall will be to approach anyone and ask him: "If I bring your camel back to life, will you then believe that I am your Rabb?"

This person will reply, "Most certainly."

Thereafter Shaytaan (from the many Shayateen who will always accompany Dajjal) will appear before this person in the form of his camel with a fat hump and fully laden udders.

Likewise Dajjal will appear before another person whose father and brother have long passed away and ask him, "If I bring your father and brother back to life will you believe that I am your Rabb?"

This person will reply, "Why not?"

Shaytaan will once again take on the appearance of his brother and father...
    (Ahmad)

Hadhrat Mughira ibn Shu'ba (R.A.) says that, "No one asked Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) about Dajjal as much as myself. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said to me, "How can he possibly harm you?"

I said: "People are saying that he will have with him a mountain of bread (provisions) and a river of water."

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said: "In the sight of Allah he is much more disgraced than that. (i.e. Allah knows full well that in reality Dajjal has nothing with him, and all that which appears to be with him is but deception). (Bukhari and Muslim).

Other Ahadeeth regarding Dajjal inform us that:

He will emerge between Shaam and Iraq, and his emergence will become known when he is in Isfahaan at a place called Yahudea.
    The Yahudis (Jews) of Isfahaan will be his main followers.
    Apart from having mainly Yahudi followers, he will have a great number of women followers as well.
    He will have with him fire and water, but in reality the fire will be cold water while that what appears to be cold water will in reality be a blazing fire.
    Those who obey him will enter "his Jannat" while those who disobey him will enter "his Jahannam."
    There will be a thick fingernail-like object in his left eye.
    The letters "Kaa" "Faa" "Raa" will appear on his forehead and will be deciphered by all Mu'mineen regardless of them being literate or not.
    He will have a wheatish complexion.
    He will travel at great speeds and his means of conveyance will be a gigantic mule. It is said that he will play beautiful music which will attract the music lovers.
    Dajjal will lay claim to prophethood.
    He will then lay claim to Divinity.
    He will perform unusual feats.
    He will travel the entire world. He will send down rains upon those who believe in him, which in turn will cause good crops to grow, trees to bear fruit and cattle to grow fat.
    He will cause drought to those who disbelieve in him, resulting in starvation and hardship for them.
    During those trying times the Mu'mineen will satiate their hunger through the recitation of Subhanallah and La'ilaha Ilallahu.
    The hidden treasures will spill forth at his command. He will stay on this Earth for a period of forty days; the length of the first day will be one year, the second day will be equal to one month, the third day will be equal to a week and the remaining days will be normal.
    He will be unable to enter Makkah because the Malaikah will be guarding the Holy City and nor will he be able to enter Madina because there will be Malaikah guarding each of the seven entrances to Madina; From Madina he will proceed towards Shaam where Imaam Mahdi will be stationed.
    Finally Isa (A.S.) will descend from the heavens and pursue him and eventually kill him at present day Lydda (Baad Lud).

<u>Signs of the Appearance of the Dajjal</u>
    A lengthy hadith narrated by Ibn Majah, Ibn Khuzaimah, and ad-Dhiyaa’, attributed to Abu Umamah, reports that the Prophet of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said,

“There will be three hard years before the Dajjal (appears). During them, people will be stricken by a great famine. In the first year, Allah will command the sky to withhold a third of its rain, and the earth to withhold a third a third of its produce. In the second year, Allah will command the sky to withhold two thirds of its rain, and the earth to withhold two thirds of its produce. In the third year, Allah will command the sky to withhold all of its rain, and it will not rain a single drop of rain. He will command the earth to withhold all of its produce, and no plant will grow. All hoofed animals will perish, except that which Allah wills.” He (sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam) was asked, ‘What sustains people during that time?’ He said, “Tahlil, takbir and tahmid (Saying, la ilaha ill Allah, Allahu Akbar and al-hamdulillah). This will sustain them just as food does.” [Sahih Al-Jami` as-Saghir, no. 7875]

Abdullah bin Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said,

“The fitnah of Al-Ahlas (continuous calamity) is mass desertion and war. Then, the fitnah of As-Sarraa [meaning ‘the rich’, when some reach people use their money to hire others to fight for them] will start from under the feet of a man who claims that he is of me (of my descendants). However, he is not of me, for my loyal friends are the ones who have taqwa. Afterwards, people will unite around a man whose reign is unstable. Then, the fitnah of Ad-Duhaymaa [it is called ‘dark and black fitnah’ because of its enormity] (will start) and will not leave any member of this nation without severely touching him. When it is thought that its time has come to an end, it will be lengthened. Meanwhile (during this fitnah), a man will wake up as a believer and will meet the night as a disbeliever, until people divide into two camps: A camp of belief that contains no hypocrisy, and a camp of hypocrisy that contains no belief. If this happens, then await the Dajjal on that day or the next.” [Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Hakim, Mishkatul-Masabih, vol. 4, no. 5403]

There are other signs to the imminent coming of the Dajjal. Mu`ath narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said,

“The flourishing of Jerusalem will mark the desertion of Yathrib (Madinah). The desertion of Yathrib will mark the start of Al-Malhamah [the great war that will start between ar-Rum and the Muslim forces before Muslims conquer Constantinople for the second time]. The start of Al-Malhamah will mark the conquering of Constantinople. The conquering of Constantionple will mark the appearance of Dajjal.” [Sahih Al-Jami` as-Saghir, no. 4096]

The flourishing of Jerusalem will happen by the hands of Muslims, by the will of Allah, after it will be retrieved from the Jews.

The Holy Land will be the seat of the Caliphate because the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said to Ibn Hawalah,

“O Ibn Hawalah! If you live to see the seat of the Caliphate of the Holy Land, then earthquakes, disasters and great calamities are imminent. Then, the Hour will be closer to people than this hand of mine to your head!” [Al-Hakim in Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 420, and he says, “Sahih”]

Then, Muslims will migrate to Ash-Sham to join the Jihad against the enemies of Allah from among the Jews and Christians. People of Madinah will desert it, not because they dislike it, but for the purpose of joining the Jihad for the sake of Allah. Then, it will be totally uninhibited, wild animals and beasts will roam through it, and it will stay deserted until the Hour begins.

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said,

“Madinah will be deserted while in its prime! Then, it will be inhabited by birds and beasts.” [Al-Hakim in Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 436]

“They (Muslims) will leave Madinah while in its prime. Only wild beasts and birds will roam it. The last persons to be gathered (for the beginning of the Last Day) will be two shepherds from (the tribe) of Muzainah heading towards Madinah. They will be herding their sheep, and (when they reach it) they will find it deserted. When they reach Thaniyyat Al-Wadaa` they will collapse on their foreheads (because the Hour will have started then).” [Ahmad, Al-Bukhari and Muslim, As-Silsilah As-Sahihah, vol. 2, no. 683]

Also, Abdullah bin `Amr said, “There will be a time among people when every believer will migrate to Ash-Sham.” [Al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 457, and he says “Sahih according to the conditions of Bukhari and Muslim” Adh-Dhahabee agrees.]

The Destruction of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal

As was narrated in the Hadith by An-Nawwas bin Sam`an, the Dajjal will be killed at the hand of Jesus son of Mary.

The Dajjal’s death will occur after the angels turn him towards Ash-Sham away from the outskirts of Madinah. He will perish in Ash-Sham near the eastern door of Lud in Palestine, may Allah return it to the Muslim.

Before we start mentioning the second coming of Jesus son of Mary, we will mention the story of Al-Mahdy, Muhammad bin Abdillah.

Al-Mahdi will appear just before the coming of Jesus, alaihis salam. He will lead the Muslim nation with justice and kindness and establish Allah’s rule. A righteous Caliphate will reappear after the earth has experienced its share of injustice and tyranny. Jesus son of Mary will pray behind him. Among Al-Mahdi’s characteristics is that he will spend money on his subjects without counting it, along with many of his other righteous deeds that were mentioned in several correct hadiths.

asalamu alaykum
    Please read the following link as it tells about some hidden facts about dajjal forces and it will also help you realize the real motive behind invasion of Afghanistan as thats the area from where the anti dajjal forces would emerge. The Dajjalic forces( western) are basically hunting down Al-Mehdi forces in afghanistan and looking for Al-Mehdi there.
    http://understanding-islam.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=1364

Salam. 2 All
    Specially Haroon.. ,
    Sorry I was not at ma place, goi9 with Jamat for 3 days

Dajjaal will be a physical person. I heard that he 'll be a Jewish with a Curl Hair

HOW TO PROTECT ONESELF FROM THE DAJJAAL
    The Dajjaal will come at a time when the Muslims emerge victorious from the al-Malhamah. His purpose will be to destroy the Islamic military power which will have defeated, the Christians. However, the Muslims will not put down their arms but will prepare themselves to fight the Dajjaal. It is the duty of every Muslim to fight the Dajjaal if he lives to witness him, by joining the Muslim forces under the banner of Jihaad the sake of preserving the Deen.

Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) warned us, 'Whoever hears about the coming of the Dajjaal should stay away from him because by Allah, a man could come to him believing he is a strong believer but then he follow him because of the doubts he will spread.' (Abu Dawud). He (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) has shown us how to protect ourselves from the Dajjaal.

SEEK REFUGE WITH ALLAH
    Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) commanded the Muslims to seek refuge with Allah from the Dajjaal in every Salaat. He, himself, used to say a supplication at the end of each prayer after the last tashahhud which means, 'O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the punishment of Hell and from the punishment of the grave, from the trials of life and death, and from the tribulations of the Dajjaal.' (Muslim) THE CAVE (Surah al-Kahf) Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) told us as reported in the Sahih of Muslim, that whoever lives to witness the Dajjaal, let him memorise and recite the last ten verses of Surah al-Kahf (Chapter 18) and he will be rotected from the Dajjaal.

TAKING REFUGE IN MAKKAH AND MADINAH
    Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'There will be no town the Dajjaal will not visit, except Makkah and Madinah, for all of their gates will be guarded by angels that will be surrounding the.' (Bukhari and Muslim). So, it is there that Muslims will be safe from the Dajjaal.

n alllh SWT knoes best

Ashes Khan
    http://allaboutislam.tk

An Ogre Man

There are some opinions that say Dajjal has already pointed out in Quran but this is just an opinion.

The opinion says that Dajjal is actually Samiri who had crafted golden calf to be worshipped by Israeli people whilst Musa (pbuh) is away to Mt. Tursina. Whenever Musa returns from Tursina, he was very angry to see that his people worshipped a golden calf. The agry was so severe that he tugged Harun's beard and shouted why he did let the people to worship the calf not Allah. Learning the truth, Musa turned to calmer and wiser tone and then he met Samiri, who crafted the golden calf and guess what Samiri said?

Samiri said: "I saw what you saw not, so I took a handful of dust from the hoof print of the Messenger (Gabriel's horse) and threw it (into the fire in which were put the ornaments of the Pharaoh's people, or into the calf). Thus my inner-self suggested to me."

and Musa replied,

"Then go away! And verily, your punishment in this life will be that you will say: 'Touch me not' (you will live alone exiled away from mankind); and verily (for a future torment), you have a promise that will not fail. And look at your ilah (god), to which you have been devoted. We will certainly burn it, and scatter its particles in the sea." (20:83-98 Quran)

As inscribed in Quran, the punishment imposed upon the calf worshippers was severe - death!

O my people! Verily, you have wronged yourselves by worshipping the calf. So turn in repentance to your Creator and kill yourselves (the innocent kill the wrong doers among you), that will be better for you in the Sight of your Creator." Then He accepted your repentance. Truly, He is the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful. (2:54 Quran)

The question is why
    -Samiri was let away, whilst the worhshippers are punished to death? Why Samiri is not punished to death? If justice is to served (from our eyes), then Samiri should be tortured first, and then only executed - he should have heavier torture than the other worshippers. And, certainly Musa knew something which we do not know and that's the reason why he simply let him away. And maybe Musa know the fate that Dajjal was not going to be killed by him, and that's why he let Samiri away.

-Samiri said , "I saw what you saw not, so I took a handful of dust from the hoof print of the Messenger (Gabriel's horse) ..."
    He said to Musa that he saw what Musa does not see, what does it mean? Does it mean that he is more powerful than Musa?

And besides the Musa-Harun-Samiri story, then there is a mention about something 'very powerful shadow force behind Zionism movement'. There are books mentioned that 'certainly there is a very powerful shadow force behind Zionism movement which enable Theodore Herzl to see any leader in the world, in any time he wishes'. Theodore Herzl was the founder of Israel Zionism movement, and his capability of meeting anyone leave a lot of suspicious thought that indeed, behind him there is a very powerful force (most probably the author means Dajjal- what else). Without such force, it is nearly impossible to do so.

Edited by - syedhs on 08/02/2004 02:59:37

Djwhal Khul is one of the four masters whose teachings are followed by freemasons around the world. Djhwal's teachings were translated by Alice Bailey in the form of a collection of books. If you notice the symbols that "illuminati" ( title for higer order freemasons) use, you would be surprized to know how concident it is with the attributes of the final dajjal that would appear at the end. For example, the pyramid with one eye on US dollar bill, AOL( america online) logo {notice the eye triangle combination}, columbia tristar's symbol.

I myself donot hold a specific opinion about the guy ( who is already dead), but his teachings prevail. And there is some striking resemblance in the signs that you have mentioned in your posts, and some other ahadis that I have read

Check out

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/New...ice_Bailey.htm

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO...orld_Order.htm

http://www.saintsalive.com/freemasonry.html

If you have the time, and interest, you might want to study the origins and the current position of freemasons in global politics, power and economics.

Edited by - vector on 08/02/2004 04:56:15

Road to Mecca Muhammad Asad

Start of Excerpt:

"..Tell me, brother, why is that the faranjis are so unmindful fo God?"
    "That is a long story," I reply, "and cannot be explained in a few words. All that I can tell thee now is that the world of the faranjis has become the world of the Dajjal, the Glittering, the Deceptive One. Hast thou ever heard of our Holy Prophet's prediction that in latter times most of the world's people would follw the Dajjal, believing him to be God?" And as ge looks at me with a question in his eyes, I recount, to the visible approval of Shaykh Ibn Bulayhid, the prophesy about the appearance of that apocalyptic being, the Dajjal, who would be blind in one eye but endowed with mysterious powers conferred upon him by God. He would hear with his ears what is spoken in the farthest corners of the earth, and would see with his one eye things thta are happening in infinite distances; he would fly around the earth in days, would make treasures of gold and silver suddenly appear from under ground, would cause rain to fall and plants to grow at his command, would kill and bring to life again: so that all those whose faith is weak would believe him to be God himself and would prostrate themselves before him in adoration. But those whose faith is strong would read what is written of flame on his forehead: Denier of God and thus they would know that he is but a deception to test man's faith...
    And while my beduin freind looks at me with wide-open eyes and murmurs, "I take my refuge with God," I turn to Ibn Bulayhid: Is not this parable, O Shaykh, a fitting description of modern technical civilisation? It is "one eyed" : that is, it looks upon only one side of life-material progress-and is unaware of it's spiritual side. With the help of it's mechanical marvels it enables man to see and hear far beyond his natural ability, and to cover endless distances ata an inconceivable speed. It's scientific knowledge causes "rain to fall and plants to grow" and uncovers unsuspecting treasures from beneath the ground. Its medicine brings life to those who seem to have been doomed to death, while its wars and scientific horors destroy life. And its material advancement is so powerful and so glittering that the weak in faith are coming to believe that it is a godhead in its own right; but those who have remained conscious of their Creator clearly recognise that to worship the Dajjal means to deny God...."
    "THou are right, O Muhammad, thou art right! cries Ibn Bulayhid, excitedly striking my knee. "It has never occured to me to look upon the Dajjal prophesy in this light; but thou art right! Instead of realising that man's advancement and progress of science is a bounty from our Lord, more and more people in their folly are beggining to think that it is an end in itself and fit to be worshipped."

Yes I think to myself. Western man has truly given himself up to the worship of the Dajjal. He has long ago lost all innicence, all inner intergration with nature. Life has become a puzzle to him. He is skeptical, and therefore isolated from his brother and lonely within himself. In order not to perish in this loneliness, he must endeavour to dominate life by outward means. The fact of being alive can, by itself, no longer give him inner security: he must always wrestle for it, with pain, from moment to new moment. Because he has lost all metaphysical orientation, and has decided to do without it, he must continuously invent for himself mechanical allies: and thus the furious desperate drive of his technique. He invents every day new machines and gives each of them something of his soul to make them fight for his existence. That they do indeed; but at the same time they create for him ever new needs, new dangers, new fears-and an unquenchable thirst for newer yet artificial allies. His soul loses itself in the ever bolder, ever more fantastic, ever more powerful wheel work of creative machine: and the machine loses its true purpose-to be a protector and enricher of human life-and evolves into a diety in its own right, a devouring Moloch of steel. The priests and preachers of this insatiable diety do not seem to be aware that the rapidity of modern technical progress is a result not only of positive growth of knowledge but also of spiritual despair, and that the grand material achievements in light of which Western man proclaims his will to attain to mastery over nature are, in their innermost, of a defensive character: behind their shining facades lurks the fear of the Unknown.
    Western Civilization has not been able to strike a harmonious balance between man's bodily and social needs and his spiritual cravings; it has abondoned its erstwhile religious ethics without being able to produce out of itself any other moral system, how-ever theoretical, that would commend itself to reason. Despite all its advances in education, it has not been able to overcome man's stupid readiness to fall prey to any slogan, however absurd, which clever demagogues think fit to invent. It has raised the technique of "organisation" to a fine art-and nevertheless the nations of the West daily demonstrate their utter inability to control the forces which their scientists have brought into being, and have now reached a stage where apparently unbounded scientific possibilies go ahdn in hand with woirl-wide chaos. Lackin all truly religious orientation, the Westerner cannot morally benefit by the light of knowledge which his-undoubtedly great-science is shedding. To him might be applied the words of the Koran:

Their parable is the parable of people who lit a fire: but when it had shed its light around them, God took away their light and left them in darkness in which they cannot see-deaf,dumb,blind: and yet they do not turn back.

And yet,, in the arrogance of their blindness, the people of the West are convinced that it is their civilization that will bring light and happiness to the world...In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries they thought of spreading the gospel of Christianity all over the world; but now thta their religious ardour has cooled so much that they consider religion no more than soothing background music-allowed to accompany, but not to influence, "real" life-thay have begun to spread instead the materialistic gospel of the "Western way of life": the belief that all human problems can be solved in factories, laboratories and on the desks of statisticians.

And thus the Dajjal has come into his own...

End of Excerpt

Muhammad Asad (now aknowledging the Muslim readers) is claimed to be influenced by Muhammad Abduh and Rida both of whom are political reformers. He had also used veiws from Razi and Suyuti who are traditional scholars.
    I see his influence as that from Spiritual realism, an Oxymoron? In that his uncanny observance and perceptions of Western society post WW1 instilled in him a restless yet sobre quest for a universal programme of behaviour for an understanding, leading him, to the bedouin elite & culture. His choice of scholary veiws of side stepping the issues regarding *Jesus descension and *Ibrahim being thrown in the fire (*Aleyhis selam) reflect this influence, and gives me a biased impression, that he may have had somewhat of a fear in his sincerity of opinions being marred by being labeled a "Kook" from entertaining a view further metaphysically. However his views are plausible. I believe his restlessnes was not abated amongst the Muslims as can be inferred from the legacy of his Intellectual Philanthropy. He did find solice from companionship of the Quran, eventually finishing the eagerly awaited Quran translated and explained just before his death.

May Allah give him peace.

Hasan Demirkol

Seeker of Truth

Salaam Haroon,

I know very well the hadith you quoted about the Dajjal melting,however it doesn't at all imply that he is a giant,but only that he will become powerless by melting and then Easa(as) will be able to slay him easily without any scuffle.

There are plenty of Ahadith which clearly tell us of him being the size of a normal person.E.g. there is the hadith about his birth to a couple who were childless before.And how will he be able to interact with people if he is so big and tall?

It would be impossible for someone so big to actually lift his feet off the ground,according to the laws of gravity.Especially if his feet alone are big enough to fill the entire depth of the sea,he would be so tall that he wouldn't be able to breath so easily.

There was a really funny story I heard from a friend some years back.
    He claimed that the Pharoah of Moses's(as) time was also a massive giant and thats why he called himself God.That he used to stand so tall that he could cook the fish he caught by raisng them close to the sun.
    So I thought,why didn't his hands also get cooked then??ha ha ha lol!

I asked him where he got this fairytale from,and he insisted it was no fairytale,but true.Adding that his grandfather used to say so.
    This is what ignorance does to people.No offense to you Haroon.
    Wasalaam.

"And say that the Truth has come and falsehood vanished,for falsehood is ever bound to vanish."
    Holy Qur'an.

Edited by - Nadeem on 08/02/2004 16:14:15

Salaam All,

U know Nadeem, i dont know which hadith book this comes in, i heard an imam saying it in a speech about the dajjal. But if u think about it, if he will carry "heaven" and "hell" in his hands, then if he was the size of a man what would he present to the people? A box of trees and a jar of fire? It seems more awe inspiring that he would be a giant. Your point about his being able to life his feet defying the law of gravity is baseless, due to the fact that he will do other things which will defy the laws of logic. How many people consider it normal to raise the dead? I mean this is against all scientific or logical laws as well isnt it? As is a person bringing rains from the sky and benefiting or harming a person's life and wealth simply by saying "be" and it is (with Allah's permission of course).

And Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.