Thread: musiq allowed in islam or not?

Default musiq allowed in islam or not?

salam..is listening to muziq allowed in islam or not?...please give awnser with related ahadis or qoutes from Holy Quran...and those who dont know its awnser, please dont awnser because i shud get the view of sumone who does know the awnser of my question...Allah Hafiz

Salams,
    If you can read Urdu,then you should read the recent issue of monthly 'IShraq"(March-2004).The recent issue is special one On MUSIC AND ISLAM.Inshallah it will answer every questin of urs.

(THOAT-wob-lur MAN-grove)

We have way too many threads on this topic. Also too many threads on masturbation. I would like it if more people would scroll through past topics to see if their subject has already been brought up than currently do so. Not to be curt, but I would like that a lot--I don't like seeing the same two topics over and over and over again.

But I'll give my two cents again: there's good music and bad music, masturbation is o.k. as there's nothing in the Koran against it, I've yet to hear a statement to the contrary on either of these topics that makes sense and has the total support of our scriptures.

http://www.freewebs.com/ziggyzag

salam...Aslam, where would i get 'Ishraq' from?...i live in lahore...any place in lahore from where i can buy it?

Music is one of the purest and most beautiful creation of God Almighty who set the tone and rhythm of every sound in the universe. Music or singing like all the creations of God, that now constitute an important part of our daily life, can be lawfully used or maliciously abused. Both music and singing are created pure, and beautiful like our fresh air and fresh water and they can be corrupted or polluted by evil-doers of every nationality, color or gender. The corruption of some music shows or songs does not make all the music or songs haram (prohibited) just like the pollution of some water or fresh air by some people will not deem all the water and air haram (prohibited).

The sincere Muslim who is following the Quran will not find in the Quran ANY PROHIBITION whatsoever OF MUSIC OR SINGING. God is very specific and His commands are very clear regarding any prohibition given in the Quran. God, the Most Merciful, NEVER prohibited music or singing in the Quran. Any prohibition of music or singing that is talked about among some Muslims has no basis in the Quran.

salam...well musiq is not haramm...gud explanation by idrees...now another question is that the poetry used with music, is that allowed?...like love songs...so r they allowed to listen and sing?

Salams,OMIII,
    You can get it from "Dar-ut-Tazkeer,REhman Market,Ghazni Street,Urdu Bazaar,Lahore Or From Almawrid,51,k,MOdel Town ,Lahore.
    If U don,t get it from there ,PLz do let me know,I,ll send it.

salam....thanx man

(THOAT-wob-lur MAN-grove)

Try listening to Yusuf Islam's religious music. George Harrison's spiritual music was also quite good.

http://www.freewebs.com/ziggyzag