Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Zakat 2.5 Percent ?

Default Is Zakat 2.5 Percent ?

Quran says "observe SALAT and give ZAKAT"
    Quran does not set any limit on zakat. but y do most muslims believe
    in 2.5 % zakat .?

Nabeel

Salam..
    It seems no one was able to answer my Question ?!

Nabeel

Wow, hold your horses! Have some patience please. The rate of Zakat has been settled from the Sunnah. So have the details of the Prayer. Tell me, how better to clarify the prayer than through practical demonstration and perpetuation?

I read quran says

Sura 36:21
    Follow those who do not ask from you any wage.

Veteran Member

Crow,

I thought you said you were going to stop misinterpreting the Qur'an?

Why on earth dould i want to lie to you?

I have recently learned that
    Zaka or
    Zakat or
    Zakati mean "PURE"

The Donation of Money is "Alms" or "A'nfaqi" or "So-da-qo"

Salaam

Crow writes:

"The Donation of Money is "Alms" or "A'nfaqi" or "So-da-qo""

What is the word "So-da-qa" and where does it occur in the Qur'an? Can you show us a reference which explains its meaning?

Thank you.

Salaam `alaykum

Salaam there Razwan1979……………..

I am not claiming to be a Quran guru; but I am just sharing my point of view in light of the things I have read.

I read a website and it said that, when ‘Soo-Laa’ is mentioned, usually the word ‘Zak-Ka’ follows it; and sometimes it is followed by ‘for the cause of Allah’.

I did some word searches, after I read that information, and I found that to be true.
    And I found that when “Zak-Ka” is mentioned, the translators translate it as ‘charity’. But when the words “A’nfak” and “So-Da-Qo” are mentioned, the translators translate it as “spend”.

So that caught my attention and I tried to fond where they were mentioned.

What does Zak-Ka mean?

Sura 24:21 says:

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la tattabiAAoo khutuwati alshshaytani waman yattabiAA khutuwati alshshaytani fa-innahu ya/muru bialfahsha-i waalmunkari walawla fadlu Allahi AAalaykum warahmatuhu ma Zak-Ka minkum min ahadin abadan walakinna Allaha Yu-Zak-Kee man yashao waAllahu sameeAAun AAaleemun

YUSUFALI translates it as: -
    O ye who believe! follow not Satan's footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is shameful and wrong: and were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been Pure: but Allah doth Purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things).

Another example is Sura 79:17-18

Ithhab ila firAAawna innahu tagha Faqul hal laka ila an Ta-Zak-Ka

YUSUFALI says: -
    "Go thou to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed all bounds: And say to him, 'Wouldst thou that thou shouldst be Purified (from sin)?

Last example is Sura 19:19

Qala innama ana rasoolu rabbiki li-ahaba laki ghulaman Zaki-ya

YUSUFALI: He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a Holy son.

Last one is Sura 2:129

Rabbana waibAAath feehim rasoolan minhum yatloo AAalayhim ayatika wayuAAallimuhumu alkitaba waalhikmata Wa-Yu-Zak-Kee-Him innaka anta alAAazeezu alhakeemu

YUSUFALI: "Our Lord! send amongst them a Messenger of their own, who shall rehearse Thy Signs to them and instruct them in scripture and wisdom, and Sanctify them: For Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

So we find that “Zak-Ka” “Yu-Zak-Kee” “Ta-Zak-Ka” “Zaki-ya” and “Wa-Yu-Zak-Kee-Him” all have the theme of being “Purify” or “Pure”.

After reading the website, I found other examples of the root word “Zak-Ka” which should mean “Pure” in Arabic are: -
    (2:43) (19:31) (2:83) (2:110) (2:151) (2:174) (4:77) (4:162) (5:55) (7:156) (18:81) and so on.

So since “Zak-Ka” does not mean “obligatory charity” i.e. paying 2.5 % of your earnings, what word means, paring money?

Well, the words ‘A’nfak’ and ‘so-da-qo’ mean, paying money.

Here are some examples: -

Sura 2:3 says: -
    Allatheena yu/minoona bialghaybi wayuqeemoona alssalata wamimma razaqnahum Yu-fiqoo-na

YUSUFALI: Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;

Sura 2:264 says: -

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la tubtiloo sa-da-qa-ti-kum bialmanni waal-atha kaallathee Yu-nfiqu malahu ri-aa alnnasi

O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men,

PICKTHAL says: -
    O ye who believe! Render not vain your almsgiving by reproach and injury, like him who spendeth his wealth only to be seen of men

Sura 8:36 says: -

Inna allatheena kafaroo Yu-nfiqoo-na amwalahum liyasuddoo AAan sabeeli Allahi Fasa-Yu-nfiqoo-na-ha thumma takoonu AAalayhim hasratan thumma yughlaboona waallatheena kafaroo ila jahannama yuhsharoona

YUSUFALI: The Unbelievers spend their wealth to hinder (man) from the path of Allah, and so will they continue to spend; but in the end they will have (only) regrets and sighs; at length they will be overcome: and the Unbelievers will be gathered together to Hell;-

Sura 32:16 says: -

Tatajafa junoobuhum AAani almadajiAAi yadAAoona rabbahum khawfan watamaAAan wamimma razaqnahum Yu-nfiqoo-na

YUSUFALI: Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We have bestowed on them.

Sura 2:276 says: -

Yamhaqu Allahu alrriba wayurbee Al-Sa-da-qa-ti waAllahu la yuhibbu kulla kaffarin atheemin

Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.

PICKTHAL says: -
    Allah hath blighted usury and made almsgiving fruitful. Allah loveth not the impious and guilty.

Sura 12:88 says: -

Falamma dakhaloo AAalayhi qaloo ya ayyuha alAAazeezu massana waahlana alddurru waji/na bibidaAAatin muzjatin faawfi lana alkayla Wa-Ta-Sad-daq AAalayna inna Allaha yajzee Al-Mu-Ta-Sad-diqee-na

Then, when they came (back) into (Joseph's) presence they said: "O exalted one! distress has seized us and our family: we have (now) brought but scanty capital: so pay us full measure, (we pray thee), and treat it as charity to us: for Allah doth reward the charitable. "

So, a classic example that incorporates the words “Zak-ka” and “So-da-qor” is Sura 58:12-13:

O you who believe, if you wish to confer with the messenger, you shall advance among you ahead of the conference a donation (So-da-qor). That is better for you and more cleansing, but if you are unable, surely God is Forgiver and Merciful. Do you fear you do not fulfill whatever donation (so-da-qor) you advanced ahead of the conference? God accepts repentance upon you and you shall uphold your commitments (Sol-laa) and keep it pure (Zakaa-ta), and obey God and His messenger and God knows whatever you do'.

((Quote)): -
    “This word Anfak is alien to all the innocent ‘Muslims’ around the world. None of them have heard this word in their life.”
    ((End Quote))

So far, during my mentioning these two words, “A’nfak” and “so-da-qo” to others; his statements have been proven right.

Veteran Member

Crow,

All that you have written is absolute intellectual dishonesty. You claim your language is close to Arabic yet you depend on people who don't know the Arabic language and they purposely make up words. You didn't check anything, that's being deceptive. If you actually picked any dictionary even the worst one in the world will show you that you are making things up just like your source Aidid. A person that does not have the courage to reveal itself but admits not being able to speak, read or write the language.

I hear it's ok for Christians to lie, is this true?

I never said it was close to arabic,

what i sid was that there are some words that arabic and my language have the same meaning.

And as i said, i am just sharing my points of view, i never claimed to know aabic, never.

And as i have continousely said, most of what i am writing is baised on a site i read.

So, chill. If u dont agree with then, say so, and prove it by examples, thats all you have to do.

I hear it's ok for Christians to lie, is this true?

Where did you hear that from? That it is ok to lie? Should i be expecting to be taken as liar?

Veteran Member

Mule,

Let's see what Crow has to say, then I'll explain...however, I think you'll understand if you read our posts and what Crow is doing.

Regards

Hay, i gota go yeah, i spend too much time in other things than studying..... i need to dedicate more time on my studies, and unfortunately, it means that i may not come back for some time.

Ronnry..... all i said was bring your evidences forward so i can see where you are coming from, without your evidences i can do nothing.... but anyway, when i come back again some other time, [which is probably not in the near future] we shall descuss this topic. You take care until then...

And Mule......
    i got your e-mail, i will be e-mailing you soon, and sorry if i took a long time.

Anyways, keep uo the good work.

God bless you, and everyone that reads this.
    bye bye

Veteran Member

Crow,

Very typical.

Well it seems as though Crow has disappeard.

But in case Crow ever happens to returns I'd like to ask: what allowed him (or his source) to make that translation in the first place?

Thanks.