Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why i am not a salafi

Administrator

Default Re: why i am not a salafi

Alan,
    No one decides who the pious are.
    God does...besides no one said who the pious were just that the pious were "better"...it's the relationship one has with the almighty not to what sect or group they belong.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Alan,

God does...besides no one said who the pious were just that the pious were "better"...it's the relationship one has with the almighty not to what sect or group they belong.
    Thanks for stating the obvious.I think this has to be done sometimes as some folks cant see the point one is making.
    Islam isnt for studying,its for living

man you guys are confused. It reminds me of why I had to dip out for a time.
    Islamic Thought In the Modern Era of the Islamic Awakening: Dissemination of Islamic research and studies
    al-Mustaqeem Publications
    “The bonds of Islam will be broken one by one. Every time a bond is undone, the people will cling to the bond that follows. The first of these bonds is rulership (khilaafa) and the last is the prayer (salah).” Reported by Ahmad and Tabarani. Al-Hakim stated that the chain is authentic.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Boriqi View Post
    man you guys are confused. It reminds me of why I had to dip out for a time.
    Must be hard for you?

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    so, it all boils down that only God will decide who is better..
    ALlah has already decided who is better and we have been given clear proof of who are the better ones, we have been told who we should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameera View Post
    ALlah has already decided who is better and we have been given clear proof of who are the better ones, we have been told who we should follow.
    If you bother to read the context of the post, after the Prophet (sws) no one has been clearly identified as infallibly good or infallibly bad (for that matter). It was only in his blessed lifetime that one could easily identify a hypocrite. Now, all that is left to follow is not people but the Holy Quran and his Sunna.

If the case were otherwise, there would never have been any disagreement amongst Muslims after his death.
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    If you bother to read the context of the post, after the Prophet (sws) no one has been clearly identified as infallibly good or infallibly bad (for that matter). It was only in his blessed lifetime that one could easily identify a hypocrite. Now, all that is left to follow is not people but the Holy Quran and his Sunna.

If the case were otherwise, there would never have been any disagreement amongst Muslims after his death.
    Follow the people who teach us the Quran and Sunna -simples

Administrator

Ameera,
    Follow the people who teach us the Quran and Sunna -simples
    Who would that be? Which person? Which school of thought? Are they one's you approve of? Are there any you don't approve of? Why? How have you arrived at your conclusions?

Administrator

Al Boriqi,

What exactly that makes us seem confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Ameera,

Who would that be? Which person? Which school of thought? Are they one's you approve of? Are there any you don't approve of? Why? How have you arrived at your conclusions?
    Firstly i took my parents word as gospel. They were my first role model. My mum taught me the practices of Islam, namaz etc and my dad taught me the love for the holy Prophet(PBUH), I know love can't be taught but he must have prayed that the stories in the Quran and Hadith he told me were having the right impact. Then at 19 years old i decided to put to one side everything they had taught me and to find out the truth for myself. I searched, read and discussed and am still in that process. I found very quickly that my love was true for our Prophet(PBUH) because that never leaves me and then I noticed that I was drawn to those scholars that exhibited similar love for our Prophet(PBUH) and slowly I began to only listen to them, where I saw love I followed, and I pray to Allah that I stay on this path. And it is firstly my parents and then to those scholars that I owe my debt, it is those I follow and hope to follow beyond this life.

The ultimate provider of knowledge is Allah subhanatalla and he uses man to spread the knowledge, and He alone gives us the capacity to understand this knowledge so I pray that He shows me the truth and right way then gives me the capacity to walk this path, truthfully that is always my only prayer that and I don't want to suffer in the grave or go to hell And plus most importantly on the day of judgement I want to be under the protection of our beloved Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and if i cant get close then any of the pious people because believe you me on that day we will all be clinging onto those pious ones even if we had reviled them in this life.

Salaam
    Last edited by Ameera; 18th April 2012 at 10:17.

Veteran Member

Gospel means good news,Iam glad you parents gave you good news.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Gospel means good news,Iam glad you parents gave you good news.
    Yes they did the good news about the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)-the answer to every question