Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halal And HAram

Default Halal And HAram

Asalamolaikum.

i have a question. who declares what is halal and haram for us. Quran or Sunnah?

Default Re: Halal And HAram

Salam Ammar

according to ur Question both Quran n sunnah declares wat is Hala n Haram..

further more , cnditions could be applied..

JAzakAlllah

may i ask the conditions.

Salam..Ammar.

as i wrote in ma earlier post s that halal n haram is only consider by Allah WT n Prophet (PBUH)
    but some times condition applied.

like last year 100's of people die on the MANA during performing hajj due to large flow of peoples. so Ulllama realize this very genuine problem n suggest that OLD PEOPLES can practice Tawaf in the NIGHT so it is condition or step which is taken by the community of Ullame (Ijma)

but it is not a One man show i meant to say that a single person (ulmae) can't take step on this behalf it is depend on the Majority of Ullame (IJMA)

n Allah knows best .
    well i 'll describe it more clerly in next few post

JazakAllah

Assalam Alaikum

Dear Ashhad4u Was it considered to be Haram previously?..........i dont think there was any such statement.......

The question here is Halal and Haram..........It has been very well described in the book of Allah and present in Sunnah, what we need to do and what we shall refrain from doing.......

Ullema's role come in when we need more clarity .......
    " Oh Allah open my mind and losen the knot on my tongue so that they (non-beleivers) may understand "

Salam Brother Sobz

I agree with u , obviously Allah swt n Nabi KARIM PBUH ve authority to make the things right or wrong but sume times IJMA takes decision on the behlf of Quran n Sunnah about those thing which we cant claerly understand

I hope u understand

JazakAllah

Lightbulb

Omi sahib, salaam

U know, halaal and haraam are wide dangerous strokes. It is better to talk in "right" and "wrong". Then we can encompass more things!

Salam Haroon ..

Gr8 idea i tihnk we should strive for finding PROHIBITED n ALLOWED not for HALAL n HARAM

JazakAllah

As-salamu'alaykum,

Bismallah,

As too halal or harram?

First I use my own judgment. Some things are obvous. For example sleeping with my Brother's wife when he is out of town is certianly haram! So I dont do it.
    Some things are less obvous For the less obvous look in Allah's Qur'an and/or the Sunnah. If I am still in doubt I might ask a Muslim Brother I trust who has been in the deen and has knowledge. If Im still in doubt I ask my Imam. If i remain in doubt I will find a shaykh who gives advice online.
    If after all these things are exausted and I am still in doubt I default back to using my own judgement.

If I make a mistake Allah(swt) is oft forgiving.

Nabil.........

For example sleeping with my Brother's wife when he is out of town is certianly haram! So I dont do it.\

lol...that ofcourse, is wrong.

nabil u didn undderstand my question i guess. i want to know if sunnah also plays a part in declaring sumthing wrong. for example if Holy Prophet pbuh was against anything, wud that thing b haraam for us? or only Quran sets these things(halal and haram) for us

Salam Ammar,

on the end of my last post on the music thread I wrote the following:

"In the above I tried to explain that the two primary sources of Islam (i.e. the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnat-i-Thaabitah) do not contain any prohibition of music and that therefore the Ahadith cannot give such a prohibition either. If you say that it did have such a right then you would be saying that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) did not fulfil his mission which was to spread the message of Islam to all of his followers. The Ahadith were only known and transmitted by individuals unlike the Qur’an and the established common practices (i.e. Sunnat-i-Thaabitah) which were known and transmitted by the masses. This is why we are saying that the Ahadith cannot give a directive separate from the Qur’an and the established common practices (i.e. Sunnat-i-Thaabitah). The Ahadith contain narrations on the life of the Prophet (pbuh) and also interpretations and elaborations on the Qur’an and the Sunnat-i-Thaabitah (i.e. established common practices) but not any separate directives that would form part of the Shari’ah. I hope what I am saying is understood."

Ammar, is this of any help?

i think it is pretty simple hala and haram...
    halal is what is shahrah, and correct by the shahrah point of view.
    and haram is what is against the shahrah point of view.!

Salam.

Thanx hischam. It is pretty much clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hischam Khan
    Salam Ammar,

on the end of my last post on the music thread I wrote the following:

"In the above I tried to explain that the two primary sources of Islam (i.e. the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnat-i-Thaabitah) do not contain any prohibition of music and that therefore the Ahadith cannot give such a prohibition either. If you say that it did have such a right then you would be saying that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) did not fulfil his mission which was to spread the message of Islam to all of his followers. The Ahadith were only known and transmitted by individuals unlike the Qur’an and the established common practices (i.e. Sunnat-i-Thaabitah) which were known and transmitted by the masses. This is why we are saying that the Ahadith cannot give a directive separate from the Qur’an and the established common practices (i.e. Sunnat-i-Thaabitah). The Ahadith contain narrations on the life of the Prophet (pbuh) and also interpretations and elaborations on the Qur’an and the Sunnat-i-Thaabitah (i.e. established common practices) but not any separate directives that would form part of the Shari’ah. I hope what I am saying is understood."

Ammar, is this of any help?
    Salam Hisham Sahib ,
    Hadith gives us help to understand the reality behind the verses. In the other words u can say that Historical Background.

Hadith helps us to clearify the difference bw Halal n haram but if u think that hadith couldnt cosider haram n Halal I think NO

Assalam-U-Alaikum Ashhad,

I wrote:

"This is why we are saying that the Ahadith cannot give a directive separate from the Qur’an and the established common practices (i.e. Sunnat-i-Thaabitah). The Ahadith contain narrations on the life of the Prophet (pbuh) and also interpretations and elaborations on the Qur’an and the Sunnat-i-Thaabitah (i.e. established common practices) but not any separate directives that would form part of the Shari’ah. I hope what I am saying is understood."

I don’t see the problem. I mean I clearly mention in the above that the Ahadith contain interpretations on the two primary sources of Islam. Hence they can help us understand them better. However, they cannot give separate directives outside these two sources. This is what I said in the part that you yourself quoted. The Ahadith often quoted to support the idea of a prohibition of music would clearly be an example where a directive is being reported but which has no basis in the primary sources of Islam and thus no basis in the Shari’ah.

My regards