Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Did Raza Khan Barelvi really teach grave worship?

Default Re: Did Raza Khan Barelvi really teach grave worship?

Ahmed Raza Khan Bralevi did not teach as much grave worship as what Bralevis are doing today.

There is no such thing as grave worship. There is however such a thing as RESPECT, when people of learning are mentioned they must be mentioned with respect. They are not our peers they are all far above us in understanding and learning. Islam is all about respect without it we are as ibls.

I started learning about these sects after i got in a whole class of barelvies in my universty.
    I am writting what i have understood till now.
    Very long time ago some muslim scholars(like maulana qasim nanaotvi) made a madrassa in deoband. They usually opposed english government and called people for jihad, they were even against making of Pakistan. They said that muslims of united subcontinent will be much more stronger if subcontinent remains united.
    Then ahmed raza khan came up as muslim scholar, his thoughts which were change from deobandies are about prophet (s.a.w). He thought that Prophet (s.a.w) is more than a human, HE (s.a.w) is present everywhere at every time, and has control on things like activity of universe etc, and know things from ghaib.
    Ahmed raza khan also said that sun revolves around the earth.
    Deobandi say that Prophet (s.a.w) knew more than other humans but knowledge of ghaib is only to Allah.
    A book titled ikhtalaf e ummat aur sirat e mustaqeem, written by maulana mohammad usaf ludhyanvi is a great book on this topic.
    Now barelvies think that every peer in grave is alive and control different things, and they do bayat on hands of peer who are in grave, consider things of ilyas qadri as sacred, while deobandies think that only belongings of prophets are sacred.
    Barelvies also give importance to things which people say that some peer saw in dream to do so, and due to this they add things in islam. I think true guidance can only be acheived from quran and sunnah, if solution to any problem is not found in quran and sunnah then look for its solution from any of sahaba, then look from work of any of four great imams. But sticking to way of one imam is bettter than following all.
    My own opinion is, all are on right path except those who do shirk, and barelvies and shia do shirk.

Another theory which i came to know is that ahmed raza khan was agent of english people, he was planted to separate muslims into two groups. He also said to stop jihad against britain and obey each and every thing of government.

Legend it is very sad when we use our limited knowledge and even more limited understanding of things to form a basis for our deen, when it is such an important thing to get right and get absolutely right. After all our destiny in eternity depends upon it. What I suggest is that we all have different views about different people but that is good. What is not good is when we fight over it and degrade others to promote our own versions of the truth. We must look to ourselves as you know to know oneself is to know Allah. Let's stop the bickering and talk as one ummah one ummah made up of various colourful sects, who all believe in their own version of the truth and do not degrade the other versions.

Salaam
    Last edited by Ameera; 9th July 2012 at 12:48.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, inshallah azzawajal i will help you understand the misunderstanding,
    first of all, we do not 'grave worship', if you are originally from the common countries such as pakistan and saudi arabia, you will notice that after someone passes away, we read the whole qu'ran on that day for the person, we dont worship the grave, we read quran and then dua that the person will make it to heaven, i hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by Ameera View Post
    Legend it is very sad when we use our limited knowledge and even more limited understanding of things to form a basis for our deen, when it is such an important thing to get right and get absolutely right. After all our destiny in eternity depends upon it. What I suggest is that we all have different views about different people but that is good. What is not good is when we fight over it and degrade others to promote our own versions of the truth. We must look to ourselves as you know to know oneself is to know Allah. Let's stop the bickering and talk as one ummah one ummah made up of various colourful sects, who all believe in their own version of the truth and do not degrade the other versions.

Salaam
    yeh i agree with you Ameera . we really need to keep a broad vision about the islam. our Prophet (m.b.u.h) already said that there will be many sects in islam. so in any way there will be.

Ala Hazrat Imam Ahmad Raza Khan Barelwi (AlaiheRahma) never teach grave worship

Imam Ahmad Raza Wrote

There are diverse opinions amongst the scholars regarding kissing graves. It is an act which lies between two things: something that allows the practice: love and something that disallows it: adab respect. Hence, the one who does it through overwhelming love is not criticized because this act is proven from the sahabah. Though, it is better for the general public to be precautious.] Our scholars have explicitly stated that one should stand at least four feet away from the grave, so how would one kiss it!?

(Fatwa Ridhwiyah, 9:528)
    For more detail on this subject, please study the treatise by Imam Ahmed Raza Khan, entitled “al-Zubdah al-Zakkiyyah li Tahrim Sujud al-Tahiyyah” written in the year 1337 A.H. Also cited in Fatawa-e-Ridawiyyah – Vol. 22 Pages. 425 - 542

That isn't worship...
    Last edited by lumumba_s; 13th February 2014 at 03:55.
    "Allah is the point. If it is other-than-Allah, then it is besides the point." - Nuh Ha Mim Keller

As-Salamu Alaykum

Brother Haroon thats what i suspected, the village people tend to twist everything, there are some brelvis i cant stand, they beat there chest about their aqeedah in pride and know nothing about it.