Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Content Management Systems, and Music/Audio File Delivery Scripts.

Thread: Content Management Systems, and Music/Audio File Delivery Scripts.

Default Content Management Systems, and Music/Audio File Delivery Scripts.

Salaam,

We need some recommendations, for a particular web script. Basically, a system that delivers audio files, by various authors/artists. Something comprehensive, and feature intensive. Cool, neat, nifty etc.. yet simple and elegant.

Like a Content Management System, combined, Audio file delivery script. Something you might find on a top mp3 site.. but delivering audio in different formats maybe, live streaming, etc. Top 10 charts, what's hot, etc.

Anything in mind? Need fairly quick responses. Thanks.

"Gentleness does not enter anything except that it beautifies it and harshness does not enter anything except that it disfigures it."

~ Prophet Muhammad.

Default Re: Content Management Systems, and Music/Audio File Delivery Scripts.

With so many technology options available for delivering media over the Web, it can be a challenging process to try to select the appropriate format for your multimedia web pages. I would suggest you got through the book

Designing Web Audio
    By Josh Beggs & Dylan Thede

It's a reccomended piece of litrature. A new one would cost you about 35$, an old one much cheaper ( well worth the investment ). An e book would be even cheaper.

Salaam Vector,

Thanks for your post, and book recommendation, I appreciate it.

To be completely honest brother, I don't think I have what it takes to read a book like that.

I was just hoping for some software/script recommendations, like phpnuke etc. I have already come across stuff like Kplaylist, which is at the top of my list.. but I thought some of the whizzes here might have known some other good alternatives.

I am a bit disappointed in the other brothers... I thought they would've been here in a flash. Not saying no names, *cough* Roses, Ratatosk, Chuck *cough*. lol

"Gentleness does not enter anything except that it beautifies it and harshness does not enter anything except that it disfigures it."

~ Prophet Muhammad.

Salam xp²,

I've read, re-read and re-re-read your query, but I keep drawing blanks. Perhaps it's because I'ven't the faintest what yer looking for. Secondly; I'm an idjit when it comes to content management. Occured; it's not the only thing I don't know squat 'bout. Ain't PHPNuke awlroit?

Wunderin,

Salaam dear Ratatosk,

It's awlroit, you are excused.

~ Prophet Muhammad.

If you have asp.net then dotnetnuke is the best.
    phpnuke is the most famous one, but it has some issues in the security area, not to mention the code is not optimal for a large site and heavy duty site. Best thing about it is that it has huge userbase and support.

You can get a better idea on these sites:
    http://www.quakernet.org.uk/sites/ituse/CMSs.htm
    http://www.cmswatch.com/ContentManagement/Products/