Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some things not discovered yet.

(THOAT-wob-lur MAN-grove)

Default Re: Some things not discovered yet.

The fire of hell hasn't been kindled yet, even if the place itself exists.

Of what value is a Day of Judgment if people go to Paradise or hell right when they die? Are they judged twice??

An Ogre Man

Salam all,

If I am not mistaken, remember Isra' and Mikraj where Rasulullah SAW was brought by Jibrail to see both Hell and Paradise.. - again, correct me If I am wrong. Therefore, Hell does already exist.

There are 2 ways to reconcile this -

1) Allah showed the Prophet the future
    2) Refer the book - the reality of Fate by Harun Yahya for the idea of timelessness

Regards
    Vinod

Salaam.

Good points vinod and syedhs. Yahya sahib. I think the grave is more a taster. Its like if im saying to u, ill give u all of this cake tomorrow, but then give u a small part to taste, today. Does that mean that uve had all of the cake?

If I am not mistaken, remember Isra' and Mikraj where Rasulullah SAW was brought by Jibrail to see both Hell and Paradise.. - again, correct me If I am wrong. Therefore, Hell does already exist.
    now here's a difference of opinion...he didn't see hell and heaven for real ... he dreamt about 'em

An Ogre Man

and there is one more, there is a prophet - the name is Idris (as) and he was famous of his sewing. He was ascended by an angel (Jibrail? i cant remember), and he has also seen both heaven and hell. I really remember the part that when he was shown the hell, he fainted (something like that) simply because it was so downright scary, and when he was shown the heaven, he immediately felt in love and then he played a trick where eventually he was permitted to stay in heaven.

these are all traditions, which by the way is not a really reliable source. when koran says this world would be altered by another... why would anyone not agree ?

When we all know things like:

In the month of Ramadhan, the gates of heaven are wide open and the gates of Hellfire are firmly shut.

That can be interpreted in literal and metaphorical ways right?

yes right sheikh haroon. we have clear proof it exists.
    AND MINZZ!!! it was not a dream, it was real. or ma ybe a vision, not a dream. that was what the quraysh said at that time to mock the Prophet-saw, that it was a hot summer dream. Which the muslims opposed.
    wassalam

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon

In the month of Ramadhan, the gates of heaven are wide open and the gates of Hellfire are firmly shut.

how can it be interpreted in literal way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Ikhwan
    yes right sheikh haroon. we have clear proof it exists.
    AND MINZZ!!! it was not a dream, it was real. or ma ybe a vision, not a dream. that was what the quraysh said at that time to mock the Prophet-saw, that it was a hot summer dream. Which the muslims opposed.
    wassalam

i'm sorry i should have used the word "vision"

I asked u a question minzz, forgive me for pointing out, but i didnt ask for a silly question in return. How can u assume it ISNT literal then?

i fear to say what is silly in my question ... but im sorry if you feel that way.

you had asked:

for me to be able to answer this question i need a simple clarification regarding the implication of your cited hadith if taken literally and if taken figuratively. however if you find my question to be silly you don't have to answer it.

Minaa. U have probably read countless hadith stating how the prophet saw his abode in heaven. How the angels and dwellers of paradise bless those who send durood upon the rasul (s.a.w) on fridays. How the 4 rivers which run from firdaus, have two on the earth. How are u denying it? The Quran is encrypted with metaphor, agreed. So are the hadith. But, there are obviously literal things. Look. We say that Allah's arsh (throne) is above the 7 skies and 7 heavens, right? So, if the heavens are not there, then....?

U have probably read countless hadith stating how the prophet saw his abode in heaven.

prophet could have seen a vision.

i am not saying it should be interpreted in this way. i am asking why can it not be interpreted in this way ?

How the angels and dwellers of paradise bless those who send durood upon the rasul (s.a.w) on fridays.

can god not have angels before making the paradise? i mean, its same as, can i not hire a gatekeeper before actually making a house ?

i am not saying it should be interpreted in this way. i am asking why can it not be interpreted in this way ?

How the 4 rivers which run from firdaus, have two on the earth.

how can we understand something we haven't seen yet without the reference of something we have seen? i mean, the two rivers ... neel and furaat could be said, run from heaven because of their beauty quality of water ? just to give people an idea of the unimaginable bliss of paradise.

We say that Allah's arsh (throne) is above the 7 skies and 7 heavens, right? So, if the heavens are not there

i think the word used for "heavens", in arabic language, is "samaa" and not "jannah" correct me, if i'm wrong.