Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some things not discovered yet.

(THOAT-wob-lur MAN-grove)

Default Re: Some things not discovered yet.

Hell hasn't been discovered yet because it doesn't exist yet and won't until God destroys and remakes the world come Judgment Day.

Really?

Ive never heard that before. I always heard that heaven and hell were both created, together, or one after the other. But hell is not here yet? I am pretty certain that is incorrect. Ive read somewhere that noon is hottest because the fire of hell is being stirred. In fact throughout the long years of my life, ive always read that hell is here and waiting. Would u say the same for heaven as well then? Btw. How can someone be "in hell" or "see hell" in the grave if "there is no hell"?

81:12 And when hell is lighted,
    81:13 And when the Garden is brought nigh,
    81:14 (Then) every soul will know what it hath made ready. (Pickthall)

I may be back for a while sheik's Avatar

salaam,

good question brother chuck.

from my prespective there is suffiecent evidence to say that there is a possiblity that others exist on other planets. it is mentioned in the quran that the universe is vast and that it is expanding. now if many suns can exist and planets are just life supporting stallites then there must be other planets out there. there are over one billion galaxies in the world, with trillions of planets, why would ours be the only with creatures? elements to sustain life are few, why would earth only contain them?

the quran doesn;t concern it self with unnessecary things, it is here as a guide basically.

what i always wondered is the mention of dinosaurs....dinosaurs are amazing.....any reference to them?

salaam

Yahya. Salaam.

U should know that u dont take things always literally in the Quran. Its like a match for example. If i say im gona light it tomorrow, it doesnt mean the match isnt there does it? But it could also mean "when hell is revealed", rather than actually, the fire being brought into it. I remember reading that the fire of hell was burnt for X years until the walls became red, then another X years until they became white, and then for another X years until they became black, and thats how they are meant to be know. I cant remember wat the X was, i think it was 10,000.

My "literal" interpretation of that passage is, to me, just an interpretation regarding common sense. Where are Paradise and hell if they already exist? Christians always give me absurd answers borrowing from science fiction, telling me that they're in "other universes" or "other dimensions"--I almost expect them to start in about time travel. The only plausible alternative to Paradise and hell not existing yet (and really, I can see no possible figurative meaning to the verb "to light", or as another translation puts it, "to set blazing") would be that they exist on faraway planets, and I don't see any reason to think that this is the case. However, there is the are of the throne of God where the angels live, which is beyond the seventh firmanent, and when God destroys the universe and remakes it so as to consist of two Paradises (greater and lesser) and one hell, the people of the greater Paradise will be near the throne. (See Surah 56.)

good question brother chuck....
    <snip>
    I said there is life on other planet with respect to Quran.

"And to Allah makes obeisance every living creature that is in the heavens and that is in the earth, and the angels (too) and they are not proud." (Chapter, The Bee).

This verses can be taken as life form in the form of jinns, but there was an hadith which spoke about life on planets other than earth. But I don't exactly remember which hadith was that.

Yahya

They dont have to exist on different planets for then they would be of the "seen". They are "ghaib", right? But, i think u shud check up a bit more on hell, for im pretty certain its around.

I think the mentioned things have not been discovered because they are not in the scope of SCIENCE.

They dont have to exist on different planets for then they would be of the "seen". They are "ghaib", right? But, i think u shud check up a bit more on hell, for im pretty certain its around.
    Lets assume they exist. But do you think man would be able to go across 7 heaven? We can barely go out of earth. Traveling to other galaxies may not come too soon (like few centries :P). Crossing 7 heavens looks way out of our scope.

I dont think they are planes we can reach, rather like angels. We cannot see them no matter if we have a telescope or a microscope, so u know.... its one of those things!

i think hell is already there, but is not seen/present
    there is a difference between not existing and not present!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon

Ive read somewhere that noon is hottest because the fire of hell is being stirred.
    this is to make people understand. its like the hot tempreture in the noon is nothing infront of hell.

the hell and heaven don't exist yet. when everything that exists is destroyed a new world will be set up Here.

"when this earth would be altered by another earth and the skies too"
    Ibrahim 14:48

the hell and heaven don't exist yet. when everything that exists is destroyed a new world will be set up Here.
    Salaam minz.

The above statement goes again the majority of books ive read about heaven and hell. I believe they exist, both of them. I dont see any evidence to the contrary.

Seeker of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Haroon
    Salaam.

Nadeem sahib, its been a while! How are u my brother?

Assalaam brother Haroon,

I have been somewhat busy and have not had the time and also sadly much interest in debating lately.I go through phases,anyway I will try to visit more often,time permitting. lol.Some funny pics here so I couldn't resist this one.Astaghfirullah,you may be thinking I'm taking the mickey or monkey,lol.Speak to you soon bro.

Yahya I think it is clear in many Islamic sources that Paradise and hellfire have both been created and exist as we speak.The Qur'an talks about the fire being lighted,meaning it will be visible and brought near to the earth in full view on that day.It doesn't say it will be created at that time!
    Wasalaam.