Thread: is or isis

Default is or isis

Hey long time no see all. I just wonder, is IS really so bad or is it just propaganda? I mean we hear only negative in the news but I know a khalifate isnt bad by definition and so forth. I know maybe they dont allow freedom of religion but is that all?
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Default Re: is or isis

haha wow, the subject isnt verry much alive is it? I guess we can say they have turned out bad by now. Hello to everyone, maybe till nxt year (Y)
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Hey MF,

Long time, no hello. Yes, ISIS really is so bad. How ISIS came to exist is very complex, and no one answer will satisfy the question completely. A large chunk of the group consisted of the remnants of the Baathist army officers plus what was left of Al Qaeda in Iraq at the time. Several other groups joined -- if "joined" is a concept that even applies to the group or even the area -- and the edges of ISIS are somewhat hazy. The central core of the group is a radical group of very nasty folks, picking only the parts of Islam that can be twisted to suit their extremely violent agenda; and even if the parts that they use may have a small kernel from Islamic scripture (mostly obscure hadith with suspicious isnad), the way that ISIS applies the text is nothing that any scholar would recognize as legitimate.

There have been several groups thoughout history that have used the same idea -- perverting religious texts to forward a twisted agenda -- but currently ISIS is the worst offender.

There really is not much to say about them.

Regards,
    think

Veteran Member

Are they "muslims"?
    Islam isnt for studying,its for living

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Are they "muslims"?
    They're not Mumin.