Thread: Islam strengthens my faith in Jesus and Christianity.

Default Islam strengthens my faith in Jesus and Christianity.

The fact that Islam teaches and believes in the virgin birth of Jesus strengthens my faith in Christianity, because there a Christians who have rejected the virgin birth giving difficult to gainsay arguments as to why the NT leads people to believe what they feel is not true. They are no longer considering themselves Christians or Muslims saying Jesus was not born of God but of man, IOW, having a biological father and mother.

If Islam hadn't imperfectly borrowed the virgin birth story from the NT Bible, the Quran would've have sounded or appeared more original to me. The undisputable truth or fact is that the NT Bible came up with Jesus' original virgin birth story first and foremost.

I believe Muhammad couldn't have gotten that from any other source. The irony is that Islam accepts the virgin birth story of Jesus recorded in the Scriptures that came before the Quran, but it rejects the reason for Jesus' virgin birth. IMO, trying to get Christians to believe the virgin born Jesus is not the son of God is like trying to get people believe that when one drinks water they don't get water in their throats.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Jesus is the light of the world. Those who do not see that as truth are blind and lost walking in darkness.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 22nd February 2014 at 13:15.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Veteran Member

Default Re: Islam strengthens my faith in Jesus and Christianity.

I find your statement difficult to understand . If I believe a scripture to be a lie then how can reading from it make my faith stronger. Can a lie make my faith stronger. Do I need lies to help my faith. Furthermore , I cannot pick one thing from that Book that agrees with my faith i.e. virgin birth and reject the most important aspect in that book regarding Christianity , that Jesus is prophet of God and not son of God.

For me personally, reading the Quran has been my biggest inspiration about Islam being the righteous religion. Quran is guidance for those who open mindedly seek the truth, and as I can see those who read the verses to make points will get nothing form it. It is amazing to see how you want to interpret a verse to justify your point.

Reading the Bible has been the second most helpful thing. I have learnt to appreciate Quran even more after reading the Bible. I can now compare and contrast. No doubt the portions which have words of wisdom, ooze Divinity, but one has no problem in seeing passages that are man made.
    Last edited by DocW; 1st March 2014 at 05:27.

Veteran Member

Good to know since lot of people seems to be losing faith in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    I find your statement difficult to understand . If I believe a scripture to be a lie then how can reading from it make my faith stronger. Can a lie make my faith stronger. Do I need lies to help my faith. Furthermore , I cannot pick one thing from that Book that agrees with my faith i.e. virgin birth and reject the most important aspect in that book regarding Christianity , that Jesus is prophet of God and not son of God..
    A lie can make one's faith stronger if he knows the purpose of the lie. For instance, when one knows that the purpose of the lie that is to take you away from the truth you already have, this causes one to dig in their heels to the truth they have and that is what I mean by it strengthens me faith. Moreover, some people make good arguments about the virgin birth story being fabricated in the Bible, but Islam supports the original story of the Bible. That strengthens my faith in the original source of that material which is the NT Bible!

For me personally, reading the Quran has been my biggest inspiration about Islam being the righteous religion. Quran is guidance for those who open mindedly seek the truth, and as I can see those who read the verses to make points will get nothing form it. It is amazing to see how you want to interpret a verse to justify your point..
    For me personally the Bible has been my biggest inspiration being that it was written by men inspired by God. It is guidance for those who have an open heart. If the truth is in the mind and doesn't make it's way to the heart it is superficial and will bear no fruit.

Reading the Bible has been the second most helpful thing. I have learnt to appreciate Quran even more after reading the Bible. I can now compare and contrast. No doubt the portions which have words of wisdom, ooze Divinity, but one has no problem in seeing passages that are man made.
    Reading the Quran has been secondary for me, and it does nothing but support my faith in Christianity. I have no problem seeing the man made portions and the truth in both the Bible and Quran!
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine