Thread: Creation and Nye/Ham debates

Default Creation and Nye/Ham debates

An important video establishes the framework for understanding Darwinian methodology and applying it towards the concept of Creation:

http://youtu.be/b7Vf6MvBiz8

[76.1] There surely came over man a period of time when he was a thing not worth mentioning.
    [76.2] Surely We have created man from a small life-germ uniting (itself): We mean to try him, so We have made him hearing, seeing.

Default Re: Creation and Nye/Ham debates

Muslims tell me that the Big Bang theory was recorded in the Quran before scientist discovered it happened, but the BB is still just a theory that contends that nothing exploded and here we are some trillion years later. This BB theory, IMO, takes away from an intelligent designer who carefully and thoughtfully placed all things as they are as He made them
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Veteran Member

First, Ham is wrong clearly. Nye maybe atheist but he is right about the age of the Universe. I don't have time watch that whole video but information he is presenting doesn't look right. But as I said only watched first few mins so I can be wrong.

As for Big Bang theory, it is a theory that describes what is considered "the big bang" after some astronomical observation. Simply put observations point to that this Universe had a beginning (as opposed to wildly held Aristotelian view that Universe is static and in existence like this forever).
    All the scientific evidence point to that universe had a beginning and it started from single point.

In Quran, God says whole Universe has a single origin and cloved it asunder. Call it "big bang" or some thing else, it is what it is.

And Big Bang Theory is not same as Big Bang. "Big Bang" is the name of cosmological event that happened at the origins of this Universe, on the other hand, Big Bang Theory tries to scientifically explain that event -- explanation may or may not be true, or it may go through revisions.

Well, I guess I can accept the Big Bang; for instance, God spoke it, and bang it happened.

I know scientist are saying the universe is expanding; the Milky Way may be replaced with Snickers or Mars Bars. LOL, No, all joking aside, it is expanding, because God is not static.

God is infinite and He makes the universe infinite as well, but my theory is if we could shoot straight up faster than the speed of light and human thought, we would end up from where we started
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine