Thread: Who gets to Paradise

Default Who gets to Paradise

Thanks Hyd for bringing this delightful creature to my attention. He's so sweet.

http://youtu.be/vQ6Wva2oICU

Veteran Member

Default Re: Who gets to Paradise

You're welcome sis!

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life...No man comes unto the father (God/Allah) except through me." IOW, Jesus has the monopoly on heaven or paradise. Jesus said, "You will die in your sin unless you believe I am He." Do you believe Jesus is who He say He is?

Jesus makes it very clear that those who go to paradise are those who believe He is the I am before Abraham. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I am" Let me interpret this for you. Those who reject Jesus as the I am He claims to be, they all will never go to paradise! IOW, they are facing a Christless and Godless eternity, and it is to their own peril they do this.

Don't tell me that all prophets were the way, the truth, and life for their time, because Jesus didn't say I show the way, the truth, and the life for now; He said, "I am!!!" There is a huge difference between being and showing. I can show you the way, the truth and the life. He is Jesus and only Him.

This message is a burning light shinning in a dark room.

Peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 6th February 2014 at 13:00.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Not nearly enough time has passed for you to pretend as if we did not have this discussion already... We don't have to tell you that all the prophets were the way, truth and life for their time. Jesus already did in the verses you conveniently skipped over.
    "Allah is the point. If it is other-than-Allah, then it is besides the point." - Nuh Ha Mim Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life...No man comes unto the father (God/Allah) except through me." IOW, Jesus has the monopoly on heaven or paradise. Jesus said, "You will die in your sin unless you believe I am He." Do you believe Jesus is who He say He is?

Jesus makes it very clear that those who go to paradise are those who believe He is the I am before Abraham. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I am" Let me interpret this for you. Those who reject Jesus as the I am He claims to be, they all will never go to paradise! IOW, they are facing a Christless and Godless eternity, and it is to their own peril they do this.

Don't tell me that all prophets were the way, the truth, and life for their time, because Jesus didn't say I show the way, the truth, and the life for now; He said, "I am!!!" There is a huge difference between being and showing. I can show you the way, the truth and the life. He is Jesus and only Him.

This message is a burning light shinning in a dark room.

Peace
    Paradise sounds wonderful, albeit a little boring. But before I waste much time, money, and energy on following Jesus or anyone else, please let me know how I can verify, independently and objectively, that Paradise exists and is inhabited by any one. If that can be verified, then please show me how I can prove that following Jesus (or the prophet of your choice) will get me there. Statements in the NT, OT, or Quran are not sufficient, since such statements are obviously self-serving (i.e., follow me and you will end up in Paradise!).

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    Paradise sounds wonderful, albeit a little boring. But before I waste much time, money, and energy on following Jesus or anyone else, please let me know how I can verify, independently and objectively, that Paradise exists and is inhabited by any one. If that can be verified, then please show me how I can prove that following Jesus (or the prophet of your choice) will get me there. Statements in the NT, OT, or Quran are not sufficient, since such statements are obviously self-serving (i.e., follow me and you will end up in Paradise!).
    Why does it sound boring?
    Time and money spent following Jesus is not a waste of time or money, but following anyone else I can't speak for. If paradise sounds boring to you, why would you want verification of its occupancy or to go there for that matter? LOL. Are you inquiring for yourself or someone else?

If the Bible is not sufficient information for you, all I can tell then is the verification can only come by faith in God. Faith is the substance of what we hope for and the verification of what we do not yet see. Without faith, it is not possible to please God. We must believe that He is and that He rewards of those who diligently seek Him; otherwise, you are just and unbeliever or atheist. If that is the case, why would you want to be on a theists forum?

. . . all I can tell then is the verification can only come by faith in God. Faith is the substance of what we hope for and the verification of what we do not yet see.
    I don't think I quite understand your response. How can faith provide a verification of anything? For example, there are those who believe that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old (young earth creationists). But the mere fact of their belief does not make it so: it is either true or false that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old, regardless of their belief. Similarly, simply believing in Paradise is irrelevant to whether Paradise exists: it either does, or it doesn't.

I don't think I quite understand your response. How can faith provide a verification of anything? For example, there are those who believe that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old (young earth creationists). But the mere fact of their belief does not make it so: it is either true or false that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old, regardless of their belief. Similarly, simply believing in Paradise is irrelevant to whether Paradise exists: it either does, or it doesn't.
    I could say the same about an old earth. What proof do you have? For instance, carbon dating is off by billions and millions of years because of radiation that throws off their meters.

How can you proof the earth is billions of years old? You must use faith to believe it. You must use faith that a chair will hold you up when you sit on it. In the same way, faith is the substance of what we hope for and evidence of what is not seen. How can one proof that a chair will hold him up until he sits on it?

Don't you see? The heavens declare God's glory, and the firmament shows His handy work so that people are without excuse for not believing there is a divine designer behind His glorious creation. There are no purposes established without time and judgment. Some people believe because they see and touch like doubting Thomas, but blessed are those who believe and have not seen Jesus die and rise from the dead on the cross for our sin.

Islam thinks its knows how you can get to paradise, but Christianity knows how you can get there through Jesus
    Last edited by Burninglight; 6th February 2014 at 23:34.

I could say the same about an old earth. What proof do you have? For instance, carbon dating is off by billions and millions of years because of radiation that throws off their meters.

How can you proof the earth is billions of years old? You must use faith to believe it. You must use faith that a chair will hold you up when you sit on it. In the same way, faith is the substance of what we hope for and evidence of what is not seen. How can one proof that a chair will hold him up until he sits on it?

Don't you see? The heavens declare God's glory, and the firmament shows His handy work so that people are without excuse for not believing there is a divine designer behind His glorious creation. There are no purposes established without time and judgment. Some people believe because they see and touch like doubting Thomas, but blessed are those who believe and have not seen Jesus die and rise from the dead on the cross for our sin.

Islam thinks its knows how you can get to paradise, but Christianity knows how you can get there through Jesus
    Isn't it amazing how those who ignore overwhelming scientific evidence are so comfortable in believing in fables made up thousands of years ago that are based on no evidence whatsoever and that defy logic?

Isn't it amazing how those who ignore overwhelming scientific evidence are so comfortable in believing in fables made up thousands of years ago that are based on no evidence whatsoever and that defy logic?
    That is what the atheists say about theists all the time. Theists have nothing against scientific evidence, but there is no evidence that nothing exploded and here we all are. LOL

That is what the atheists say about theists all the time. Theists have nothing against scientific evidence, but there is no evidence that nothing exploded and here we all are. LOL
    So much easier to believe in magic, isn't it? Then you don't have to think too hard. And you even get to end up in paradise. Just don't give too much of your money away to clergy.

So much easier to believe in magic, isn't it? Then you don't have to think too hard. And you even get to end up in paradise. Just don't give too much of your money away to clergy.
    I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC