Thread: Of Willpower And Responsibility.

Default Of Willpower And Responsibility.

Peace to you all,

If a man is not looking after himself and becomes ill and then says: 'what can I do, it is Allah's Will'-- he is wrong. You can protect yourself. If one is taking care of the body and then becoming ill anyway, then Allah, Most High, is sending the illness. A man who leaves his cows on the mountain to be eaten by wolves can't say afterwards: 'It was Allah's Will that my cows die'. He must protect them and put them into pens, then if they die it is Allah's Will.

You have something to do with your willpower. It is not a general will, but it is enough for you, like the headlights of a car are not lighting up every place, but light enough for driving. We have such a will to arrange for our life.... you may plough and plant the seeds, but you cannot rain, you can't make the grains to sprout. Allah completes that plant. In order to go on Hajj one must get his passport in order, prepare with things connected with such a travel/journey, and then put the responsibility on Allah. We have a choice, we have a responsibility.

One saying that he is not responsible is out of order and [may even be] a sinner. When completing all the things you can do, then give it over to your Lord. The authority for this is in the Hadith wherein it was reported that a man once came to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and when asked what he had done with his camel, he replied that he left it to the trust of Allah. The Prophet, peace be upon him, told him:--

"TIE IT, THEN TRUST IN ALLAH", 'aqil wa tawakkil'.

This gives a perfect arrangement for our lives--if you are not trying then it is not true to say: I am trusting in Allah. When you know what you can do, you must do that. Do not neglect your responsibility.

Culled From:
    "Mercy Oceans, Book 2"
    Teachings Of Sheikh Abdullah ed-Dagistani.

Default Re: Of Willpower And Responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi View Post
    Peace to you all,

If a man is not looking after himself and becomes ill and then says: 'what can I do, it is Allah's Will'-- he is wrong. You can protect yourself. If one is taking care of the body and then becoming ill anyway, then Allah, Most High, is sending the illness. A man who leaves his cows on the mountain to be eaten by wolves can't say afterwards: 'It was Allah's Will that my cows die'. He must protect them and put them into pens, then if they die it is Allah's Will.

You have something to do with your willpower. It is not a general will, but it is enough for you, like the headlights of a car are not lighting up every place, but light enough for driving. We have such a will to arrange for our life.... you may plough and plant the seeds, but you cannot rain, you can't make the grains to sprout. Allah completes that plant. In order to go on Hajj one must get his passport in order, prepare with things connected with such a travel/journey, and then put the responsibility on Allah. We have a choice, we have a responsibility.

One saying that he is not responsible is out of order and [may even be] a sinner. When completing all the things you can do, then give it over to your Lord. The authority for this is in the Hadith wherein it was reported that a man once came to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and when asked what he had done with his camel, he replied that he left it to the trust of Allah. The Prophet, peace be upon him, told him:--

"TIE IT, THEN TRUST IN ALLAH", 'aqil wa tawakkil'.

This gives a perfect arrangement for our lives--if you are not trying then it is not true to say: I am trusting in Allah. When you know what you can do, you must do that. Do not neglect your responsibility.

Culled From:
    "Mercy Oceans, Book 2"
    Teachings Of Sheikh Abdullah ed-Dagistani.
    The Bible says that we shouldn't tempt the Lord. So, this is basically what you're saying here, but if someone doesn't take care of himself and gets sick and says it is God's will, how does anyone know he is wrong or that it is not God's will? Let me put it to you this way, if something is not God's will then it will not happen. So it can be God's will to teach a person to take better care of himself.

The Bible states that one seeds the ground and another waters the ground, but only God gives the increase. All of this you share was in the Bible first. Paraphrasing what was in the Scriptures that came before is not an original thought
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

As if Islam had said that the Godhead was actually Quadratic and spoke only of Koreans, you would be satisfied and accept it as true... Is the point of religion to be novel or express theological, moral and spiritual truths? The whole point is that it isn't an original thought, but a primordial message for an existential humanity as an act of Divine disclosure.
    Last edited by lumumba_s; 8th January 2014 at 06:59.
    "Allah is the point. If it is other-than-Allah, then it is besides the point." - Nuh Ha Mim Keller

Quote Originally Posted by lumumba_s View Post
    As if Islam had said that the Godhead was actually Quadratic and spoke only of Koreans, you would be satisfied and accept it as true... Is the point of religion to be novel or express theological, moral and spiritual truths? The whole point is that it isn't an original thought, but a primordial message for an existential humanity as an act of Divine disclosure.
    I have no idea what you are trying to say or ask. Why don't you come back down to earth? I'll tell you this: religion is what nailed Jesus to the cross. It is not about religion, it is about a relationship!

Peace to you all,
    While commenting on the topic I had the privilege to post above, Burninglight said, among others, that "..parapharising what was in the scriptures that came before is not an original thought". The Sheikh from whose work I culled that piece did NOT claim it to be his original thought... and in any case, the Holy QUR'AN, the LAST Scripture to be sent to Mankind by God Almighty, contains all the Messages contained in the previous Holy Books sent earlier such as the INJEEL,ZABUR and AT-TAURAT...but of course one is referring to the Original Books not the adulterated and/or tempered-with Bibles around town.
    Regards.

Peace to you all,
    While commenting on the topic I had the privilege to post above, Burninglight said, among others, that "..parapharising what was in the scriptures that came before is not an original thought". The Sheikh from whose work I culled that piece did NOT claim it to be his original thought... and in any case, the Holy QUR'AN, the LAST Scripture to be sent to Mankind by God Almighty, contains all the Messages contained in the previous Holy Books sent earlier such as the INJEEL,ZABUR and AT-TAURAT...but of course one is referring to the Original Books not the adulterated and/or tempered-with Bibles around town. Regards.
    Then the thought that he didn't claim was original is from a book that Muslims like you now claim is corrupt. You cannot have you cake and eat it too. The burden of proof is on you to show when the original books got corrupted, but I can give you a hint. It would've had to have happened sometime during Muhammad's life time or after, because Allah told Muhammad he sent down the torah and the gospel. Allah made no mention of there being any problem with them nor did Muhammad. So tell when, where, how and why it got corrupted and who gained from it and what they gained or hold your piece about it from now on.

Peace to you and all as well

Peace to one and all,
    ...be less combative as this is no issue of 'spitting fire'. I am no authority, nor a student of Christendom, but as almost all acknowledge, I also happen to know that Protestants and Roman Catholics are not agreed as to the number of records and/or Religious precepts included in today's Canon(s) of what is called the Bible. All I am saying is that the INJIL mentioned in the Holy Qur'an is NOT what you have in the New Testament and it is NOT the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and/or other Miscellaneous entries [be they from St. Peter or St. Paul]. Rather, the INJIL not adulterated is the Original Gospel promulgated by Prophet Isa, peace and blessings be upon him.

Vide my posting above and others on this and other Forums, I am not out to dispute and/or argue with others on out-of-points basis. In this process of sharing knowledge, I believe one should keep to his/her ways without being combative or abusive... So simple; keep to your ways and responsibility thereof is yours, while I keep to my ways the responsibility of which is mine. Being combative will NOT count for anything.... the Truth MUST prevail at the end, this was the attitude of FAITH in the olden days and so shall it be for all times-- We shall hold on to the Truth, in scorn of abuses.

Peace to one and all,
    ...be less combative as this is no issue of 'spitting fire'. I am no authority, nor a student of Christendom, but as almost all acknowledge, I also happen to know that Protestants and Roman Catholics are not agreed as to the number of records and/or Religious precepts included in today's Canon(s) of what is called the Bible..
    Peace be unto you and all. I agree about less combative; in fact, let's not be combative at all. You are right about Catholics and Protestants otherwise they wouldn't have split from the RCC. But keep in mind they are in agreement as to where the Quran disagrees; namely, the death and resurrection of Jesus and the fact that Jesus is the word of God make flesh (Son of God). I would like to add that this comment of fact is not saying much because you have Muslims that don't agree with each other as well such as Sunni and Shia and the Quranist and other factions that vary in their interpretation of the Quran.

All I am saying is that the INJIL mentioned in the Holy Qur'an is NOT what you have in the New Testament and it is NOT the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and/or other Miscellaneous entries [be they from St. Peter or St. Paul]. Rather, the INJIL not adulterated is the Original Gospel promulgated by Prophet Isa, peace and blessings be upon him..
    How do you know it is not? How do you know that the gospel of Jesus in the Quran wasn't referring to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? You would convince us Christians if you can show us or produce a copy of the gospel according to Jesus to prove it is not the NT gospel. Personally, I believe it is referring to the NT gospel and that Muhammad referred to it as the gospel of Jesus. He never said the four gospels weren't the injil nor did he or Allah say it was corrupted. In fact, Allah told Muhammad he sent down the gospel. That would have been a good time to tell Muhammad it is corrupted. So, until you can produce a copy of the gospel according to Jesus, we will have to accept the only gospel God allowed to be preserved. Now, Catholics and protestants agree that the NT gospel was from men inspired by God to compile them.

Vide my posting above and others on this and other Forums, I am not out to dispute and/or argue with others on out-of-points basis. In this process of sharing knowledge, I believe one should keep to his/her ways without being combative or abusive... .
    I agree with you here completely, but this doesn't mean you won't be challenged on your misconceptions or me on mine.

So simple; keep to your ways and responsibility thereof is yours, while I keep to my ways the responsibility of which is mine. Being combative will NOT count for anything.... the Truth MUST prevail at the end, this was the attitude of FAITH in the olden days and so shall it be for all times-- We shall hold on to the Truth, in scorn of abuses.
    I agree with you 100% again. I am also putting up with the scorn and abuses as I share truth.

Blessings to you