Thread: Are You A Warrior?

Default Are You A Warrior?

Assalam alaykum,

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"THE ONE WHO LOOKS AFTER A WIDOW OR A POOR PERSON IS LIKE A MUJAHID (Warrior)
    WHO FIGHTS FOR ALLAH's CAUSE, OR LIKE HIM WHO PERFORMS PRAYERS ALL THE NIGHT
    AND FASTS ALL THE DAY". [Bukhari, Vol. 7, Book 64, No. 265].

In the light of this Noble Hadith, we may as well resolve to be looking after widows and/or poor folks in our neighbourhood, so as to reap the benefits of so doing accordingly.

Administrator

Default Re: Are You A Warrior?

I don't think reaping benefits is the point of this wonderful Hadith. It has a profound message of serving God by our deeds and juxtaposing it with prayer, fasting and defending His way. Pursuing a reward even if there is one misses the opportunity to act selflessly. The connection between deed and righteousness would be lost if the focus is on reward...something this Hadith does not mention.

Default Re: Are You A Warrior?

Salaam everyone,
    I noted the observation, nay the correction, above by our Administrator, Ron, about my topic that prompted same. I do accept the observation that we worship...do good deeds [emphasised by the Hadith above] for Allah's Sake, selflessly. In His Position as Lord of Creation, Allahu Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, indeed Deserves to thus be Worshiped. Still, in His Wisdom, Allah Most High, has made provision for Rewards and Punishments... which we cannot disregard.
    Best Wishes.