Thread: Surah 18: Al Kahf, Verse: 90

Default Surah 18: Al Kahf, Verse: 90

I think, I have found one scientific explanation of this verse: When he (Dhul Quarnyn) came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom we had provided no covering protection against the sun. (Translation from The Holy Qur'an by A. Yusuf Ali).

I think, this protection is the "Ozone Layer". If you know the function or purpose of the creation of Ozone Layer in the Earth's atmosphere and think deeply, it will be clear to you that what Allah (ST) is telling us about his power/creation and control through the story of Dhul Quarnyn very simple way, but to understand some simple thing from The Holy Qur'an, needs more and more research.

As an example I can say about this verse: Every house has windows and you put a window curtain for the purpose of various protection including sunlight, then you have the control to pull a little bit open or cover whole window as your wish, because you have the sole authority to control of that window curtain.

So, I'm asking everybody, please post your opinion whether it is acceptable or not.
    Last edited by momar; 11th November 2013 at 00:51.

Default Re: Surah 18: Al Kahf, Verse: 90

Quote Originally Posted by momar View Post
    I think, I have found one scientific explanation of this verse: When he (Dhul Quarnyn) came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom we had provided no covering protection against the sun. (Translation from The Holy Qur'an by A. Yusuf Ali).

I think, this protection is the "Ozone Layer". If you know the function or purpose of the creation of Ozone Layer in the Earth's atmosphere and think deeply, it will be clear to you that what Allah (ST) is telling us about his power/creation and control through the story of Dhul Quarnyn very simple way, but to understand some simple thing from The Holy Qur'an, needs more and more research.

As an example I can say about this verse: Every house has windows and you put a window curtain for the purpose of various protection including sunlight, then you have the control to pull a little bit open or cover whole window as your wish, because you have the sole authority to control of that window curtain.

So, I'm asking everybody, please post your opinion whether it is acceptable or not.
    dear momar this is my first visit to this site .actually this verse is really hard to explain ...the word used is (sitra) means protection from sun like behind a wall or beneath a roof ..where sun rays cannot penetrate ....interesting is the second part which says Allah s.w.t knows what was there before zul-qarnain but no explanation...so it was something of mighty awe which doesnot need explanation or can't be explained to humans ....today we know that gamma rays can penetrate any kind of matter ,so a sun producing huge radiation of gamma rays will leave no (sitra) protection ....our sun in solar system is neither that powerful nor emits so much gamma radiation ,but what about a distant sun in another galaxy emitting gamma rays on a planet and people exposed to heavy gamma radiation ,so they must be really different from us physiologically .....actually in my humble opinion zul-qarnain's travels were infact inter-galactic e.g. the first one we dont see a place on earth where sun sets in murky water ...or we can't detect the wall built by him on earth in the third journey (a wall of iron slabs with molten copper poured over it and it can't be destroyed till qayamat) ....further elsewhere in quran Allah says yajooj majooj will come running from all heights ...so if there is a space invasion of earth it will look like yajooj majooj coming from all heights ....as to your point our sun has (sitra) even though ozone may be a part of this sitra mechanism but a wall on earth creates a shadow against sun....i pray for all of us to take keen interset in quran ...allah hafiz.

Quote Originally Posted by drsalu View Post
    ..... the first one we dont see a place on earth where sun sets in murky water ...or we can't ....further elsewhere in quran Allah says yajooj majooj will come running from all heights ...so if there is a space invasion of earth it will look like yajooj majooj coming from all heights ....as to your point our sun has (sitra) even though ozone may be a part of this sitra mechanism but a wall on earth creates a shadow against sun....i pray for all of us to take keen interset in quran ...allah hafiz.
    The sun appears to set in murky waters everyday. IMO, Muhammad looked out on the horizon over water and saw the sun set. It looked like it was setting in the water. Muslims give far fetch explanations to explain away what appeared to be true to Muhammad but was never scientifically correct. Even though the sun very much looks like it sets in water, it doesn't. Muhammad simply didn't know that and recorded incorrect information in his Quran. This is the most logical explanation. Muslims, IMHO, cannot accept the Quran has a discrepancy so they concoct explanation such as you are doing about inter space travel, invasions and that someone saw the sun set in murky water but not from earth. No wonder many atheists laugh at religion.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 15th February 2014 at 15:17.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Subhan Allah