Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: information sought from Christian friends

Veteran Member

Default information sought from Christian friends

I would be grateful if Christian friends could enlighten me as to how many direct references do we have in the NT where Jesus Christ has told his followers to pray to him.

Default Re: information sought from Christian friends

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    I would be grateful if Christian friends could enlighten me as to how many direct references do we have in the NT where Jesus Christ has told his followers to pray to him.
    Should you ever revisit your old post, you can read the following: Why do you ask a question you already know the answer to? You obviously asked this question because you know Jesus never said pray to Him, but He did say whatever you ask the father in my name, He will do it.

In other words, when we pray to God, we can say in Jesus' name. If we are not seeking the truth about who God is and we ask God for something, it won't happen if we don't ask in the name of Jesus!

Keep in mind Jesus forgave sin; only God can do that. Jesus accepted worship from those He healed and raised from the dead. Think about that for awhile and know why we believe Jesus is the son of God as God Himself said He is!
    Peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 6th January 2014 at 03:43.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Veteran Member

Why do you ask a question you already know the answer to? You obviously asked this question because you know Jesus never said pray to Him, but He did say whatever you ask the father in my name, He will do it.

I did not undertsand the statement that I am asking a question that I know the answer to. Let me clarify, God mentioned in Torah and Quran states I am the God and pray to me. So why is that pattern not seen in New Testament? In answer to your query, let me give you an example. If I say this is my shop and you can come and get something from me and go to that shop and ask him to give you something , tell him I have sent you. Would you assume that in the second statement the person speaking is the owner of the shop? as is clear in the first statement

Veteran Member

On the same theme I have another query. Why according to New Testament does Satan try to tempt Jesus if Jesus is God ? As I try to undertsand it Satan has tried to tempt other prophets of God but to tempt "God"?

Veteran Member

On the same theme why is "God" specifically only for "children of Israel" and not universally for all mankind?

Veteran Member

Can I ask what is the purpose of Creation of this mankind according to the New Testament?

On the same theme I have another query. Why according to New Testament does Satan try to tempt Jesus if Jesus is God ? As I try to undertsand it Satan has tried to tempt other prophets of God but to tempt "God"?
    Can I ask what is the purpose of Creation of this mankind according to the New Testament? On the same theme why is "God" specifically only for "children of Israel" and not universally for all mankind?
    As I have mentioned, Jesus was the son of man as well as the son of God. Being human, He had limitations that he didn't have as the word of God before His incarnation. The first Adam failed the temptations from the evil one, but the last Adam did not. So, only through Christ can we be made perfect in God's sight. Anyone short of holy perfection will not enter paradise. Jesus is the only one worthy, because He is perfect and without sin!

The purpose of Creation according to the NT? We are here for God's pleasure; we are here as a trust; we are here for His glory and to worship Him; we are here to be tested.

Salvation was always God's plan for mankind. He chose the children of Israel to bring it about through that people group.

Peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 19th January 2014 at 14:06.

Veteran Member

So Jesus is part human and part God. But man cannot be perfect So how is Jesus God then.

God has created us for His pleasure? There is murder, rape, anarchy, injustice in this world. Does that please God? God will throw majority of His creations into Hell will that please Him?

Salvation for me is through example, leaving a role model ina ctions and deeds, leaving Divine Scripture as a light and Guidance. How is dying on a cross the path for salvation.

So Jesus is part human and part God. But man cannot be perfect So how is Jesus God then..
    So, nothing. Where does it say in the Scriptures that came before that Jesus is part God and part man? Where did I say that. You are making an assumption. I didn't say that nor did the NT writers. The trinity is a mystery; God is one and He is past finding out. End of story. Now, you can explain the essence of the god of Islam. So, he can be figured out by men, but that is not the case with the God of the Scriptures that came before. His love passes all reason and understanding. Our God's nature and essence is passed finding out by mortal man. The only thing we can learn about God is to look at Jesus. The more we learn about Jesus the more we learn about God.

God has created us for His pleasure? There is murder, rape, anarchy, injustice in this world. Does that please God? God will throw majority of His creations into Hell will that please Him?.
    God has given man free will. Jesus said offenses will come, but woe unto them from whom they come.

Salvation for me is through example, leaving a role model ina ctions and deeds, leaving Divine Scripture as a light and Guidance. How is dying on a cross the path for salvation.
    Can a murderer make up for his crime by doing good deeds? Will the court system let him go? It is written: For all have sinned all come short of God's glory. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Jesus paid the death price for the sins we committed. Without Jesus all we have is the justice of God and no mercy. Satan will claim the soul who hasn't applied the blood of Christ to their lives like on the Passover when the children of Israel didn't put the blood of the lamb on the door post of their houses and the death angel claimed lives. We either accept Jesus now in this life while we still have a chance, or the evil one full of deception will come and take us to a Christless eternity.

We have to meet God on His terms not ours. Good deeds and example doesn't wash away sin nor does saying the shehada for the first time. Righteousness only comes through Christ not our own efforts. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Jn 3: 16. God has set before you life and death. You get to choose.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 21st January 2014 at 13:35.

Veteran Member

Quote:As I have mentioned, Jesus was the son of man as well as the son of God. Being human, He had limitations that he didn't have as the word of God before His incarnation. [COLOR="#0000FF"]

So I take it Jesus was not God if he is son of man, man is a mortal creation by God.

Quote: The wages of sin is death,

Is every sin punished by death?

Quote;We have to meet God on His terms not ours. Good deeds and example doesn't wash away sin nor does saying the shehada for the first time. Righteousness only comes through Christ not our own efforts. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

My issue with this is that God creates human being and gives them intellegence and free will. Your Belief is that doing good deeds is a waste of time. Believe in Christ and you have Paradise. Does not matetr what life you have lived because actions do not matter. deeds are worthless. Why free will then?
    Last edited by DocW; 22nd January 2014 at 15:03.

Veteran Member

The image of God created by you is not of a just, fair or loving God. A person can live a very pious life and multiple good deeds. and because of his belief he will end in Hell. A Christian can do what he likes but is guaranteed heaven becasue of his faith. So on that premise I would accept a God but not a just , fair or loving God.

Quote:As I have mentioned, Jesus was the son of man as well as the son of God. Being human, He had limitations that he didn't have as the word of God before His incarnation. [COLOR="#0000FF"]

So I take it Jesus was not God if he is son of man, man is a mortal creation by God.

Quote: The wages of sin is death,

Is every sin punished by death?

Quote;We have to meet God on His terms not ours. Good deeds and example doesn't wash away sin nor does saying the shehada for the first time. Righteousness only comes through Christ not our own efforts. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

My issue with this is that God creates human being and gives them intellegence and free will. Your Belief is that doing good deeds is a waste of time. Believe in Christ and you have Paradise. Does not matetr what life you have lived because actions do not matter. deeds are worthless. Why free will then?
    No, no, no, I have never said that. You make way too many assumptions friend. Where did I say such a thing? I said we cannot save ourselves with good deeds. That doesn't mean we can live in sin. God forbid what are you thinking? I am saying that Christ is the only one who can get us right with God.

He is the author and finisher of my faith. It is God who puts in me the will to do according to His good pleasure and not me trying in my own effort to do good deeds as if I could merit and take credit for saving myself. Judge yourself if an atheist does good deeds, do you think God will let him in paradise?
    If someone lives in sin, he is a slave of sin and free from righteousness; if he is a slave to righteousness, he is free from sin!

As for your other comment, Jesus said, "You believe in God believe also in me. In my father's house are many mansions, I go and prepare a place for you that where I am there you may be also" I believe in Jesus, and I believe in God, and I will be with Him because the comforter that He promised lives within me and Jesus does as well. No offense, but I don't believe in Muhammad, Joseph Smith or in their works; in fact, I don't even believe in the god of Islam.

peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 22nd January 2014 at 21:38.

The image of God created by you is not of a just, fair or loving God. A person can live a very pious life and multiple good deeds. and because of his belief he will end in Hell. A Christian can do what he likes but is guaranteed heaven becasue of his faith. So on that premise I would accept a God but not a just , fair or loving God.
    I am created in God's image. Jesus preexisted with God before the worlds were created. Jesus is the word of God incarnate. Muslims believe he is a word from Allah as well. God's word is eternal and uncreated. Why don't you believe that?

peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 22nd January 2014 at 21:38.

To those of you who no longer respond to my posts. I know you have agreed in gossip with others not to, but I just want you to know that it appears to me that the real reason is you cannot gainsay the truth I post, and you would rather keep your head in the sand and believe a lie. I see that you don't respond as an attempt to save face.

As I mentioned, until someone responds to any of my posts, I will not respond for a while until you have some turn over of posters; you have all been well evangelized and know the message. I don't have time to waste. I will now visit the Mosques to engaged in dialogue with Muslims in person. I want to look into their eyes when I speak.

Peace

Veteran Member

^ pfft, the drama. But I do recommend visit a mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by BL
    Muslims believe he is a word from Allah as well.
    Our definition is different than Christian definition. Word means the power of God, the he says something to exist and it comes into existence e.g. Universe(s), Adam, Jesus, etc... For Adam and Jesus it is used because for people it is something extra ordinary so God explain that He says something to "be" and it comes into existence and that is the power of God.