Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    572

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by hyd View Post
    k let me put it this way, better example would be 'Spanish inquisitions' where muslims and jews clearly died for their beliefs rather than converting to christianity.
    The Spanish back then were Catholics. They are considered Christians by Muslims and the RRC, but they are none of Christ's disciples. True Christianity wins by love not war. Besides, stop living in the past or judging today by yesterday.

    What Christians do you know bomb people to convince them they should follow Christianity? What Catholics do you know do such a thing today? Or what recent incident did any Christians do that resemble the barbaric Spanish Catholics during the inquisitions?

    The ones who bombed the WTC and blowup themselves along with terrorizing innocent people today are Muslims and that is still going on as we speak. Let's call a spade a spade! I am not saying Muslims are terrorist, but statistics show that most terrorists today have been Muslims and continue to be.

    The Catholics in the ancient past were like the radical Muslims of today. We consider the catholic crusades and the Spanish Catholics of the past to be less Christian than moderate Muslims consider radical Islam to be Muslim. If you're trying to prove Christianity false, you are barking up the wrong tree on this one friend.

    And, yes, the fact that the Jews and Muslims didn't convert and died for their faith doesn't prove they had truth either! So, you were successful in making that point.

    peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 31st January 2014 at 15:12.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    If you think that is my standard, then it's you who has the very low standard. Jesus has the highest one. Jesus said, "By their fruits you will know them; a good tree brings good fruit and a bad tree brings bad fruit; a bad tree cannot bear good fruit, and good tree cannot bear bad fruit"
    Muslims who blow themselves up with innocent people is "bad fruit." Those that died for Jesus preaching His death and resurrection didn't take their own lives along with innocent people. Their lives were taken from them for preaching the only truth there is!!! That is a night and day difference; it is the difference between good and evil, truth and deception, love and hate, light and darkness, Jesus and Muhammad, Islam and Christianity, the Bible and the Quran! Are you an atheist?
    Your "argument" is circular and conclusory. There are many Muslims who believe that those "who blow themselves up with innocent people" are totally justified, not "bad fruit" at all. For an immediate example, Hyd wrote (just previous to your post): "Later fighters and some scholars started to give alternative views that it is not suicide but it is going against enemy like in a war where soldiers can die. So adoption to suicide attacks was slow but gained acceptance." It continues to be wonderful how true believers have used "scripture" to justify murder throughout the ages: the Israelites when they conquered Canaan, the Christians in the Crusades and Inquisition, Muslims today in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. The list of examples is endless.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    572

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    Your "argument" is circular and conclusory. There are many Muslims who believe that those "who blow themselves up with innocent people" are totally justified, not "bad fruit" at all. For an immediate example, Hyd wrote (just previous to your post): "Later fighters and some scholars started to give alternative views that it is not suicide but it is going against enemy like in a war where soldiers can die. So adoption to suicide attacks was slow but gained acceptance." It continues to be wonderful how true believers have used "scripture" to justify murder throughout the ages: the Israelites when they conquered Canaan, the Christians in the Crusades and Inquisition, Muslims today in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. The list of examples is endless.
    Circular and conclusory? LOL, it took you that long to think about what I said to respond? There must have been some circular things going around in your head before you answer my post. First of all, I'd like to hear you say that if it were your family blown up by Muslim terrorists. Secondly, what Muslims do you know think that blowing themselves up with innocent people is good fruit? You my friend are just talking off the top of your head with nothing to say. Didn't you know that regardless what rationalization one might use to justify his or her action there are still absolutes of what is right and wrong and truth and deception. You left out the element of absolutes. Didn't you know there are absolutes?
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Didn't you know that regardless what rationalization one might use to justify his or her action there are still absolutes of what is right and wrong and truth and deception. You left out the element of absolutes. Didn't you know there are absolutes?
    You find your "absolutes" in the NT, Jews in the OT, and Muslims in the Quran. But this collection of "absolutes" is not only internally inconsistent, it has been variously used by believers to justify murder of all sorts.

  5. #35
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Because that's the only things have used to rape, murder, and pillage.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    572

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    You find your "absolutes" in the NT, Jews in the OT, and Muslims in the Quran. But this collection of "absolutes" is not only internally inconsistent, it has been variously used by believers to justify murder of all sorts.
    So, are you saying there are no absolutes?
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

  7. #37
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    it has been variously used by believers to justify murder of all sorts.
    as opposed to atheists who don't need justification...they just do it...

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    572

    Default Re: Isa , Yashu'a , Resurrected ( Fact or Fiction ) ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    as opposed to atheists who don't need justification...they just do it...
    Good point! I second that!
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Similar Threads

  1. Geneology of Mohammed - Fact or Fiction
    By haulpak in forum Interfaith Dialogue
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 21st February 2008, 18:06
  2. Christmas, fact or fiction?
    By ilyas in forum Interfaith Dialogue
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19th August 2005, 23:29
  3. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!
    By zAk in forum Just for Jokes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd November 2004, 08:41
  4. Truth. Fiction.
    By sadlyyours in forum Discussion Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th June 2003, 11:31
  5. Can a muslim write science fiction?
    By kilpatrick in forum Discussion Archives
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25th April 2003, 06:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •