Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noah's Flood Local or Global?

Veteran Member

Default Re: Noah's Flood Local or Global?

Earth is not 6000 years old and scientist did prove age of the earth is more than 4 billion years. Hint: physics and chemistry. These are exact sciences so no argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by hyd View Post
    Earth is not 6000 years old and scientist did prove age of the earth is more than 4 billion years. Hint: physics and chemistry. These are exact sciences so no argument there.
    4 billion years old? LOL
    Were they there??? Didn't you know that very low levels of radiation throw off carbon dating by 100's of millions of years.
    It is just a hypothesis that the earth is billions of years old. There is absolutely no proof for it. So, are you telling me the Quran backs up man's theories and confirms his hypothesis or is man's scientific theories corroborating the Quranic scripture?
    Last edited by Burninglight; 16th February 2014 at 18:52.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Administrator

BL,

Your attitude is exactly what turns people away from God. You scoff at science and make people of religion seem small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    BL,

Your attitude is exactly what turns people away from God. You scoff at science and make people of religion seem small minded.
    Ron:
    Believing the world is 4 billion years old is not science. It is what some scientists believe. Many scientist do not believe it. IMO, it takes more faith to believe that than the God of Abraham is our Creator. We do have God is our Creator in common, don't we? The great flood also throws off dates for secular scientists and not just radiation.

Besides, you are not answering my question, and your focus shouldn't be on me or my attitude. Deal with the dialogue instead of the person please. I conclude with most atheists (if not all) believe the secular scientist that say all these things without proof.

Theists that go along with it don't realize that Creationism and Evolutionism are mutually exclusive; IOW, they are diametrically opposed to each other leading people further into deception. What I have said cannot possibly make them anymore worse off than not believing in an intelligent designer or that God created all things in the six days documented in Scripture.

Peace
    Last edited by Burninglight; 16th February 2014 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Believing the world is 4 billion years old is not science. It is what some scientists believe. Many scientist do not believe it.
    Name one scientist (so-called "creationist scientists" do not count) who does not think that the Earth is billions of years old.

IMO, it takes more faith to believe that than the God of Abraham is our Creator.
    That can only be because you have no understanding of physics and chemistry. And therefore it is easier for you to accept magic on faith than to study scientific principles.

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    Name one scientist (so-called "creationist scientists" do not count) who does not think that the Earth is billions of years old.That can only be because you have no understanding of physics and chemistry. And therefore it is easier for you to accept magic on faith than to study scientific principles.
    There are many scientist that are Christians who don't believe it is. Kent Hovind debated and pawned many evolutionist. I had the privilege of watching him debate at the University of Texas in El Paso I attended and where I received my masters from.

I have more understanding of physics then you think. I know if something exists now, that means something or someone always existed. Explain that with your understanding of physics!

It beats the hell out of me how someone can look up on a starry night and say there is no God. I have told you already, I don't believe in magic. Magic is just as demonic as atheism.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 18th February 2014 at 03:54.

There are many scientist that are Christians who don't believe it is. Kent Hovind debated and pawned many evolutionist.
    Kent Hovind cannot be considered to be a scientist by any stretch of the imagination--even a creationist's. The only degrees he has are in Christian education and Christian ministry, and all from unaccredited institutions. Try again.

There are many scientist that are Christians who don't believe it is. Kent Hovind debated and pawned many evolutionist. I had the privilege of watching him debate at the University of Texas in El Paso I attended and where I received my masters from.
    And perhaps you are also unaware that your hero, Kent Hovind, is presently serving a 10-year sentence in a federal prison after having been convicted on 58 felony counts. But don't give up hope, he is scheduled to be released next year.

And perhaps you are also unaware that your hero, Kent Hovind, is presently serving a 10-year sentence in a federal prison after having been convicted on 58 felony counts. But don't give up hope, he is scheduled to be released next year.
    Yes, but what does that have to do with it? Is he serving time for his scientific views? Besides, who said the IRS is not corrupted? Why bring up irrelevant facts?

The point you should be addressing is that I answered your question, because Kent Hovind was a science teacher, and he held his own in debate with scientific scholars. Most scholars feared to debate him because of his knowledge of science and his wit. Of course, you will try to discredit him.

You said released next year? That is wonderfully good news. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know. I'll be praying for him.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 18th February 2014 at 16:51.

Yes, but what does that have to do with it? Is he serving time for his scientific views? Besides, who said the IRS is not corrupted? Why bring up irrelevant facts?

The point you should be addressing is that I answered your question, because Kent Hovind was a science teacher, and he held his own in debate with scientific scholars. Most scholars feared to debate him because of his knowledge of science and his wit. Of course, you will try to discredit him.

You said released next year? That is wonderfully good news. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know. I'll be praying for him.
    Apparently you missed my earlier post. Kent Hovind has no grounding in science at all: the only degrees he has are in Christian education and Christian ministry, and all from unaccredited institutions. He is a charlatan and a criminal. Do you honestly think that your "god" will answer your prayers for him? If so, I have a bridge I can sell you.

Apparently you missed my earlier post. Kent Hovind has no grounding in science at all: the only degrees he has are in Christian education and Christian ministry, and all from unaccredited institutions. He is a charlatan and a criminal. Do you honestly think that your "god" will answer your prayers for him? If so, I have a bridge I can sell you.
    Apparently you didn't notice I addressed points in that other post. Do you think a document saying your a scholar makes someone right? Just because no one can gainsay him on his knowledge of science doesn't make him a charlatan; moreover, because someone is in prison doesn't make him a criminal or make him guilty.

The IRS is mercilessly ruthless. They just have too much power. They are exercising their power on those who ascribed to the tea party and who are against Obamacare. Do I think God will listen to prayers for him? absolutely I do. If he broke the law, he is still the lesser of the evils out there that arrested him. Those who arrested him and mock him will have to answer to God for it. God allows his children to suffer for their wrong, but they are still is children the apple of his eye and not to be mettled with whether right or wrong.