Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah's Flood Local or Global?

Default Noah's Flood Local or Global?

Many sources say it was Local in the Quran. (It was only meant for the people of Noah).

We sent Nuh to his people: "I am a clear warner to you. Worship none but Allah. I fear for you the punishment of a painful day." (Qur'an, 11:25-26)

But they denied him so We rescued him and those with him in the Ark. And We drowned the people who denied Our Signs. They were a blind people. (Qur'an, 7:64)

So We rescued him and those with him by mercy from Us, and We cut off the last remnant of those who denied Our Signs and were not believers. (Qur'an, 7:72)

As we have seen, we are told in the Qur'an that only the people of the Prophet Nuh (as) were destroyed, not the whole world.

But many non-Quranic sources say it was Global.

I understand that Noah is 10 generations after Adam, so there wasn't a large human population to begin with and they weren't very well dispersed. So a Global flood would be unnecessary.

But the question arises, why did God tell Noah to build and ark and to put male/female species onto the ark if it was regional?

Default Re: Noah's Flood Local or Global?

salam alaikum wa rahmatullah, welcome to the forum brother,

Allah tells us about those past nations and the punishment and vengeance that struck them for their going against the Messengers and disbelieving in the Prophets, peace be upon them. We have already seen their stories in detail in numerous places (in the Qur'an). Allah says:

(such were the Confederates.) meaning, `they were greater and stronger than you, they had more wealth and children, but that did not protect them from the punishment of Allah at all when the command of your Lord came to pass.' Allah says:

(Not one of them but denied the Messengers; therefore My torment was justified.) `The reason for their destruction was their disbelief in the Messengers, so let those who are addressed here beware and be afraid & let the sadness of the prophet be relieved.'

That's the essense of such stories.

It doesn't matter for us wether it was global or local. It's the type of knowledge that's mentioned in this hadeeth:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع ومن قلب لا يخشع ومن دعاء لا يسمع ومن نفس لا تشبع

ِAllahumma inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfa' wa min qalbin ya yakhsha' wa min du'a'in la yusma' wa min nafsin la tashba'

"O Allah! I seek refuge with You from knowledge that does not benefit, and from a heart that is not subdued and humble, and from a supplication that is not heard, and from a self that is not satisfied."

And he would then say: "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from these four things."

[Reported by an-Nasa'i (5470, 5536 & 5537) and Abu Dawud (1548), and it is sahih]

To answer your question:

There's no indication to accept or reject whether the flood was local or global. It's better to leave it neutral.

Firstly, I'll like to greet the new brother into the forum by saying and . Add me as a friend, I'll send you a request.

Yes! I believe that the whole world was flood during the flood because apparenlty Allah told Noah (AS) to take 2 types (1 male and 1 female) of every type of animal on the ship.... but I'm not soo sure about that. Allah knows best!

The story of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) is supposedly known to the world over . Yet , the only incident that the average man associated with the name Noah ( Pbuh ) is the flood , and the ark which he constructed . Little attention is placed on his life as a Prophet , his mission , and the circumstance which led to Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted destroying man and all other living things on Earth by the great flood . In At Taurat ( The Torah ) 5 Books of Moses , the Book of Genesis states that Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was a righteous man in the eyes of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted and this is the only description it gives of him .

Torah ( 5 Book of Moses Revealed In The Years 1512 B.C.E. ) , Says ; These are the generation of Noah , Noah was a just man and perfect in his generation , And Noah Walked With Allah . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

This quote does not explain the opposition he was faced with from the people of his time . Neither does it explain his life before he was given the mission as Nabi Allah , Prophet of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted , or the fact that he lost his son Raya and wife Waala in the flood . The mission the the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was given was not an easy one . He faced much opposition from his family . The people existing during the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) time were all descendants of Seth (Pbuh ) , Enoch ( Pbuh ) , and Methuselah ( Pbuh ) .
    But because they allowed the Devil ( CH ) to seduce them , they adopted a way of life that was in complete opposition to the commandments of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted .

The Holy Qur'aan 11 ; 36 , Reavealed In The Year 622 A.D. Huwd / Eber (Calmness ) , Says .
    And Noah was inspired that there will not be any more faithful from your nation of people other than those who are indeed of the faithful ( Your Family ) . So don't be miserable about what they are doing .

The Holy Qur'aan 25 ; 37 , Reavealed In The Year 616 - 617 A.D. Al Furqaan ( The Differentiation ) , Says ; And the nation of Noah when they lied on and rejected The Apostles we ( Allah and the angels ) Drowned them and made them a sign for the people , And we ( Allah and the angels ) have prepared for the injust an aching pain .

This lack of understanding exists because the Qur'aan which is the seal to the scriptures and they Baiyna ( meaning it clear up any doubt concerning the previous scriptures ) is not acknowledge by the Christians . or the so-called Jews . Did you ever wonder , how the Ark was constructed , or how the Animals were gathered together and placed in the Ark ? How was the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) family , all the beast , and the fowl arranged in the Ark , and how long did they stay in the Ark before they began living normal lives on the earth ? These are just a few questions which are over lookedd because no one in the past has been able to answer them .

With the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) came man's second chance to accept his titles ; Abdullah ( Servant of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted ) . And thus serve Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as it has been ordained from the beginning of time .

The Holy Qur'aan 7 ; 69 Reavealed In The Year 625 - 627 A.D. Aali Imtaan ( The Descenants Of Imraan ) . Says ; Or are you all ( People Of Muhammad's Time ) Amazed that remembrance was come to you from your Sustainer in the form of a physical man ( Muhammad ) from among you . To warm you and remind you and when he ( Allah ) made you all successor's and you came after Noah's nation of people and we ( Allah ) increase you all ( Re-Multplied You On Earth ) in the creration even more excellent in stature . So remember these bemefits of ( Allah ) then perhaps you all will be more successful .

In order for us to receive a better understanding of the life of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) , we must read Surah ( Chapter of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) , Reavealed to the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) made his Mi'raaj or Ascension in 610 A.D. he became acquainted with the ( Six Major Prophets ) which preceeded him the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was one of them .

The Seven Major Prophets Are ; 1 . Adam , 2 . Noah , 3 . Abraham , 4 . Ishmael , 5 . Moses , 6 . Isa , Muhammad , Peace And Blessings Of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted Be Upon Them .

It was during this ascension that the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) learned many things about the events that took place before him and of the events that were to affect the world in the future . So , when the Angel Gabriel ( Sra ) came to the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) , speaking about the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) he was acquainted with the nature of the revealtion . By this time he was well versed in At Taurat ( The Torah ) 5 Books of Moses and Al Injiyl ( Evangel , Revelation 22 Books of Isa The Messiah ( Pbuh ) . This is what made him conscious of the mentality of the people before him , and made him aware that his job was not new to the world and like the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ), he was a warner to the people .

Bismillaahir -Rahmaanir - Rahiim ... Begin All Things With The Illustrious Name Of Allah The Yielder , The Most Merciful .

The Holy Qur'aan 71 ; 1 - 28 , Revealed In The Year 615 A.D. Says ; ''Surely We ( Allah and Angels ) sent Noah to his nation to warn . So ( Muhammad ) warn your nation before the aching pain come upon them . Verse . 2 . So he ( Noah ) said Oh my nation , surely I am your warner to make you see things clear . Verse 3 . That you are tremble at the mention of ( Allah ) and be obedient . Verse 4 . He ( Allah ) will forgive you for all your sins and respite you to a predetermine named time ( Yawmid Diyn ) . For surely ( Allah ) is He who predetermines when it will come or be put off for another time . If you only had the knowldge to see this . Verse 5 . He ( Noah ) said Sustainer ( Allah ) I prayed for my nation , day and night .

Verse 6 . So it ( My prayer ) did not increase their faith , they only turn and walked away . Verses 7 . And surely whenever I ( Noah ) prayed for them ( wicked people of Noah's time ) that you ( Allah ) may forgive them ( seed of Cain ) they put their fingers in their ears . And they pull their garment over their face . To make a mockery ( mock the face veil worn by Noah's women ) of his ( Noah ) women ( Naama , wife of Noah ; Hallyma , wife of Ham ; Faatin , wife of Shem ; Ifat wife of Japeth ) being big with pride . Verse 8 . Then surely I ( Noah ) prayerd even louder and in the open to be seen and heard by them . Verse 9 . Then verily I ( Noah ) announced it to them ( seed of Cain ) and I even spoke to them in secret ( From tent to tent ) . Verse 10 . So then I ( Noah ) said ; Ask forgiveness of your Sustainer surely it is He Who is The Forgiver .

Verse 11 . He ( Allah ) will send the skies filled with clouds to bring much rain ( the flood ) . Verse 12 . And He ( Allah ) gave you much wealth ( rich city of Nod ) and sons ( children of Cain ) and made for you gardens and rivers . Verses 13 . What is wrong with you that you don't want to return respect ( to Allah ) . Verse 14 . And indeed He ( Allah ) created you all ( man and 200 fallen angels ) in regular stage . Verse 15 . Can't you see how He is ( Allah ) who created seven Heaven ( Planes ) in levels .

Verse 16 . And He ( Allah ) made the moon in the night skies as a light and He also made the sun to shine like a lamp . Verse 17 . And Allah even buil your ( Cain's seed ) body from the dust of the ground . Verse 18 . Then He ( Allah ) returns you ( Cain's seed ) to it ( the ground ) and will bring you forth from it renewed . Verse 19 . And Allah made the planet Earth for you in landscapes . Verse 20 . So that you may make roads in it . Verse 21 Noah said ''Oh my Sustainer surely they rebel against me and follow he ( Zuhak ) who is corrupted by his wealth and children .

Verse 22 . And they schemed and evil scheme . Verse 23 . And they tell each other don't abandon your idols , dieties , nor Wad or Suwaa and don't abadndon Yaghooth or Yaooq nor Nasr . Verse 24 , And indeed they have misled many people . So ( Allah ) don't let them ( 200 Fallen Angels increase in followers , taking them ( Cains seed ) into darkness and error . Verse 25 . And because of what they ( people of Noah's times ) did , they were drowed and then made to enter the Hell's fire , so because they aiden other than Allah ( their gods can't help them ) .

Verse 26 . And Noah said ; Sustainer , don't let the concealors of the truth ( Jinns , 200 Fallen Angels ) have any abode on this planet Earth . Verse 27 , Because of you leave them ( Jinns , 200 Fallen Angels , here on Earth ) they will cause your servants ( seed of Seth ) to go astray and all their children will for ever be concealors of the truth . Verse 28 . Sustainer , forgive me ( Noah ) and my parents ( Lamech and Kamilah ) and anyone who enters my home and is faithful to you , and the faithful men and the faithfum women ( Muslims ) , and as for the wicked ( non-Muslims ) , don't increase them except in their going into the darkness .

More in Next post .

You said, "The Seven Major Prophets Are ; 1 . Adam , 2 . Noah , 3 . Abraham , 4 . Ishmael , 5 . Moses , 6 . Isa , Muhammad... And Exalted Be Upon Them."

Would you show Scriptural proof that Adam, Ishmael and Muhammad were prophets in the Scripture that came before? Moreover, can you show me where the Quran calls Muhammad a prophet?

Finally, since every prophet in the Bible had heard from God directly, is there any evidence that Allah spoke to Muhammad directly instead of through the angel Gabriel?
    Last edited by Burninglight; 2nd July 2013 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Iysay View Post
    The story of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) is supposedly known to the world over . Yet , the only incident that the average man associated with the name Noah ( Pbuh ) is the flood , and the ark which he constructed . Little attention is placed on his life as a Prophet , his mission , and the circumstance which led to Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted destroying man and all other living things on Earth by the great flood . In At Taurat ( The Torah ) 5 Books of Moses , the Book of Genesis states that Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was a righteous man in the eyes of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted and this is the only description it gives of him .

Torah ( 5 Book of Moses Revealed In The Years 1512 B.C.E. ) , Says ; These are the generation of Noah , Noah was a just man and perfect in his generation , And Noah Walked With Allah . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

This quote does not explain the opposition he was faced with from the people of his time . Neither does it explain his life before he was given the mission as Nabi Allah , Prophet of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted , or the fact that he lost his son Raya and wife Waala in the flood . The mission the the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was given was not an easy one . He faced much opposition from his family . The people existing during the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) time were all descendants of Seth (Pbuh ) , Enoch ( Pbuh ) , and Methuselah ( Pbuh ) .
    But because they allowed the Devil ( CH ) to seduce them , they adopted a way of life that was in complete opposition to the commandments of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted .

The Holy Qur'aan 11 ; 36 , Reavealed In The Year 622 A.D. Huwd / Eber (Calmness ) , Says .
    And Noah was inspired that there will not be any more faithful from your nation of people other than those who are indeed of the faithful ( Your Family ) . So don't be miserable about what they are doing .

The Holy Qur'aan 25 ; 37 , Reavealed In The Year 616 - 617 A.D. Al Furqaan ( The Differentiation ) , Says ; And the nation of Noah when they lied on and rejected The Apostles we ( Allah and the angels ) Drowned them and made them a sign for the people , And we ( Allah and the angels ) have prepared for the injust an aching pain .

This lack of understanding exists because the Qur'aan which is the seal to the scriptures and they Baiyna ( meaning it clear up any doubt concerning the previous scriptures ) is not acknowledge by the Christians . or the so-called Jews . Did you ever wonder , how the Ark was constructed , or how the Animals were gathered together and placed in the Ark ? How was the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) family , all the beast , and the fowl arranged in the Ark , and how long did they stay in the Ark before they began living normal lives on the earth ? These are just a few questions which are over lookedd because no one in the past has been able to answer them .

With the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) came man's second chance to accept his titles ; Abdullah ( Servant of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted ) . And thus serve Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as it has been ordained from the beginning of time .

The Holy Qur'aan 7 ; 69 Reavealed In The Year 625 - 627 A.D. Aali Imtaan ( The Descenants Of Imraan ) . Says ; Or are you all ( People Of Muhammad's Time ) Amazed that remembrance was come to you from your Sustainer in the form of a physical man ( Muhammad ) from among you . To warm you and remind you and when he ( Allah ) made you all successor's and you came after Noah's nation of people and we ( Allah ) increase you all ( Re-Multplied You On Earth ) in the creration even more excellent in stature . So remember these bemefits of ( Allah ) then perhaps you all will be more successful .

In order for us to receive a better understanding of the life of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) , we must read Surah ( Chapter of the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) , Reavealed to the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) made his Mi'raaj or Ascension in 610 A.D. he became acquainted with the ( Six Major Prophets ) which preceeded him the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) was one of them .

The Seven Major Prophets Are ; 1 . Adam , 2 . Noah , 3 . Abraham , 4 . Ishmael , 5 . Moses , 6 . Isa , Muhammad , Peace And Blessings Of Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted Be Upon Them .

It was during this ascension that the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) learned many things about the events that took place before him and of the events that were to affect the world in the future . So , when the Angel Gabriel ( Sra ) came to the Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) , speaking about the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) he was acquainted with the nature of the revealtion . By this time he was well versed in At Taurat ( The Torah ) 5 Books of Moses and Al Injiyl ( Evangel , Revelation 22 Books of Isa The Messiah ( Pbuh ) . This is what made him conscious of the mentality of the people before him , and made him aware that his job was not new to the world and like the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ), he was a warner to the people .

Bismillaahir -Rahmaanir - Rahiim ... Begin All Things With The Illustrious Name Of Allah The Yielder , The Most Merciful .

The Holy Qur'aan 71 ; 1 - 28 , Revealed In The Year 615 A.D. Says ; ''Surely We ( Allah and Angels ) sent Noah to his nation to warn . So ( Muhammad ) warn your nation before the aching pain come upon them . Verse . 2 . So he ( Noah ) said Oh my nation , surely I am your warner to make you see things clear . Verse 3 . That you are tremble at the mention of ( Allah ) and be obedient . Verse 4 . He ( Allah ) will forgive you for all your sins and respite you to a predetermine named time ( Yawmid Diyn ) . For surely ( Allah ) is He who predetermines when it will come or be put off for another time . If you only had the knowldge to see this . Verse 5 . He ( Noah ) said Sustainer ( Allah ) I prayed for my nation , day and night .

Verse 6 . So it ( My prayer ) did not increase their faith , they only turn and walked away . Verses 7 . And surely whenever I ( Noah ) prayed for them ( wicked people of Noah's time ) that you ( Allah ) may forgive them ( seed of Cain ) they put their fingers in their ears . And they pull their garment over their face . To make a mockery ( mock the face veil worn by Noah's women ) of his ( Noah ) women ( Naama , wife of Noah ; Hallyma , wife of Ham ; Faatin , wife of Shem ; Ifat wife of Japeth ) being big with pride . Verse 8 . Then surely I ( Noah ) prayerd even louder and in the open to be seen and heard by them . Verse 9 . Then verily I ( Noah ) announced it to them ( seed of Cain ) and I even spoke to them in secret ( From tent to tent ) . Verse 10 . So then I ( Noah ) said ; Ask forgiveness of your Sustainer surely it is He Who is The Forgiver .

Verse 11 . He ( Allah ) will send the skies filled with clouds to bring much rain ( the flood ) . Verse 12 . And He ( Allah ) gave you much wealth ( rich city of Nod ) and sons ( children of Cain ) and made for you gardens and rivers . Verses 13 . What is wrong with you that you don't want to return respect ( to Allah ) . Verse 14 . And indeed He ( Allah ) created you all ( man and 200 fallen angels ) in regular stage . Verse 15 . Can't you see how He is ( Allah ) who created seven Heaven ( Planes ) in levels .

Verse 16 . And He ( Allah ) made the moon in the night skies as a light and He also made the sun to shine like a lamp . Verse 17 . And Allah even buil your ( Cain's seed ) body from the dust of the ground . Verse 18 . Then He ( Allah ) returns you ( Cain's seed ) to it ( the ground ) and will bring you forth from it renewed . Verse 19 . And Allah made the planet Earth for you in landscapes . Verse 20 . So that you may make roads in it . Verse 21 Noah said ''Oh my Sustainer surely they rebel against me and follow he ( Zuhak ) who is corrupted by his wealth and children .

Verse 22 . And they schemed and evil scheme . Verse 23 . And they tell each other don't abandon your idols , dieties , nor Wad or Suwaa and don't abadndon Yaghooth or Yaooq nor Nasr . Verse 24 , And indeed they have misled many people . So ( Allah ) don't let them ( 200 Fallen Angels increase in followers , taking them ( Cains seed ) into darkness and error . Verse 25 . And because of what they ( people of Noah's times ) did , they were drowed and then made to enter the Hell's fire , so because they aiden other than Allah ( their gods can't help them ) .

Verse 26 . And Noah said ; Sustainer , don't let the concealors of the truth ( Jinns , 200 Fallen Angels ) have any abode on this planet Earth . Verse 27 , Because of you leave them ( Jinns , 200 Fallen Angels , here on Earth ) they will cause your servants ( seed of Seth ) to go astray and all their children will for ever be concealors of the truth . Verse 28 . Sustainer , forgive me ( Noah ) and my parents ( Lamech and Kamilah ) and anyone who enters my home and is faithful to you , and the faithful men and the faithfum women ( Muslims ) , and as for the wicked ( non-Muslims ) , don't increase them except in their going into the darkness .

More in Next post .

Are there contradiction within the Scriptures concerning the flood ? According to so-called Religion Scholars , it is said that there are in reality , blatant contradictions within the Bible concerning the '' Flood '' . Without the Old Testament ( 5 Books of Moses ) Genesis Chapter 6 , 7 , and 8 are devoted to the descriptions of the Flood . Throughout these chapters , you will find diffrent instructions given to the Prophet Noah ( Pbuh ) at diffrent times . These so-called Religion Scholars believe that somewhere along the line the story of the Flood could be just that a ''Story '' . In their quest to defend their argument they use two quite distinct sources ; the Yavist and Sacerdotal version of the Bible .

The Yavist also called ''Yahwist '' or '' J '' is the master narrative in biblical literature , who sketches people by means of stories . He takes his materials wherever he finds them , and if some are crude , he does not care , as long as they make a good Story . The Yavist version dates back from the 9th century B.C.

The Sacerdontal material is found not merely in Leviticus but throughout the Tetrateuch , including the early Chapter of Genesis . Yavist and Sacerdotal , differ from the latter on the subject '' The Flood '' the two sources , were .

Yavist States ; 1 . Noah was ordered by God to take 7 Males and 7 Females from each of the socalled ''Pure '' Animals species and a Single Pair from the ''Empire '' Species ( Genesis 7 ; 2-3 ) .

Sacerdotal States 1. Noah was to take One Pair of each Species Genesis 6 ; 19 , Genesis 7 ; 9

Scriptures States ;

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 6 ; 19 , Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; And of every living thing of All Flesh , Two of Every sort shalt thou bring into The Ark , To keep them alive with thee , They shall be Male and Female . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 9 , Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; There went in Two and Two unto Noah into The Ark , The Male and the Female , As ( Allah ) had commanded Noah . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 2 - 3 , Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; Of every clean beast Thou Shalt Take To Thee By Seven , The Male And His Female ; And of beasts That Are Not Clean By Two , The Male And His Females ; Of fowls also of the air by sevens , The male and the female ; To keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth .

The answer is simpls . The ''Pure '' animals were the animals that were considered clean to Eat.
    So Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted told them to take seven ( 7 ) clean animals , as opposed to taking ( 7 ) of the unclean animals . Then the quote goes on to say , take ( 2 ) of the unclean animals ! This was because these unclean animals were the ones that were inedible , therefore they would not have a need for many of them . No mistakes were made . Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted doesn't make mistakes , Men Do !!!

It makes more sense to take more of the clean animals that were going to be consumed than to take more of the unclean animals that were not going to be consumed .

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 8 Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; Of clean beast and of beast that are not clean , And of fowls and of everything that creepeth upon the earth . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

The clean beasts were the beasts that were used for consumption by Noah's ( Pbuh ) family after the flood , because there would be no more vegetation . During the flood they ate vegetation because Allahu Sabhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted told them to bring all that they ate to feed them and the animals . ( Refer to Genesis 6 ; 19 - 22 ) .

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 6 ; 19 - 22 Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; And of every Living Thing of all flesh two of every sort shalt thou bring into The Ark , to Keep them Alive with thee ; they shall be Male and Female . Verse 20 . Of fowls after their kind , and of cattle after their kind , of every creeping thing of the earth after their kind , two of every sort shall come unto thee , to keep them alive . Verse 21 . And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten , and thou Shalt Gather it to thee and it shall be for food for thee , and for them . Verse 22 . Thus did Noah ; according to all that ( Allah ) commanded him so did he . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

Yavist States - 2 . Flood Lasted Forty ( 40 ) Days , Genesis 17 ; 17 , Genesis 7 ; 24 .
    Sacerdotal States 2 . Flood Lasted One Hundred And Fifty ( 50 ) Days .
    Scriptures States ;

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 17 Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; And the flood was Forty Days upon the earth ; And The Waters Increased , And bare up The Ark , And it was lifted up above the earth . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 17 Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; And the waters prevailed upon the earth An Hundred And Fifty Days . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

Now if you really Read These Quotes you will see in ( Genesis 7 ; 17 ) it says the Flood was '' Forty days upon the Earth , and the waters increased and bared up The Ark . Meaning within 40Days the Waters came upon the earth and the Ark was lifted ( meaning it started floating ) . Then ( Genesis 7 ; 24 ) goes on to say ( watch closely ) , '' And The Water Prevailed Upon The Earth A Hundred And Fifty Days . Meaning altogether the Flood leasted 150 days ( 40 days + 110 days ) to give us 150 altogether . Now anyone that knows anything about Arithmetic will know the word ''And '' means together , with , or along with , also , in addition , as well as . The Arabic word used for ''And in Genesis 7 ; 24 is Wa - arabic - meaning ''And Also To '' . Thus ..
    making Genesis 7 ; 24 , Correct .

At Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses Genesis 7 ; 24 Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. , Says ; And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

More in Next post

@burninglight

In the bible most prophets spoken to God though an angel which I'm surprised you didn't know.

As for adam being a prophet and others etc you need to use your logic cause the bible was only a note book for the Jews and not a historical events. Anyway we see that kain and abel were serving God and they both know what is good and bad to God's eyes meaning that someone taught them the way of life Which of cause was Adam.

Then we have Enoch who also walked with God but who was he following? Adams torah (remember that a person must be pure to be a prophet before God) then we have noah who also walked with God (keeping God's torah) then we have melchizedek who was sent by God to anoint Abraham which means that we had prophets before and around Abrahams time and then Abraham become a prophet. It was only untill moses time that we had a physical Torah that we can read and keep with us but before that we had the oral Torah which wad giving by Adam. (Logically speaking)

Remember that the bible is only a note book. Bet you didn't know they have an oral tradition as well as written tradition (bible).
    Evil Beware, We Have Waffles...

Cool Re: Noah's Flood Local or Global?

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    You said, "The Seven Major Prophets Are ; 1 . Adam , 2 . Noah , 3 . Abraham , 4 . Ishmael , 5 . Moses , 6 . Isa , Muhammad... And Exalted Be Upon Them."

Would you show Scriptural proof that Adam, Ishmael and Muhammad were prophets in the Scripture that came before? Moreover, can you show me where the Quran calls Muhammad a prophet?

Finally, since every prophet in the Bible had heard from God directly, is there any evidence that Allah spoke to Muhammad directly instead of through the angel Gabriel?

The Gospel According To John ( Son Of Zebedee ) , 1 ; 14 , Says ; And the Word Was Made Flesh And Dwelt Amongst Us . ( in part ) .

The Prophets ( Pbut ) were the bearers if the word ( La Ilaha Illa Allah ) . He Shall Not Speak Of Himself , But Whatsoever He Shall Hear , That Shall He Speak ... ( John ( Son Of Zebedee ) 16 ; 13 , Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted has sent chosen ones speclaly endowed with ( Knowldge and Understanding ) far beyond the Capabillties of Ordinary men so that they may be example and give Guidance and Direction. Adam ( Pbuh ) was Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted word manifested in the flesh and so were all the other Prophets ( Pbuh ) to whom the word was sent .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Adam Nabiy ) Allah ( Pbuh ) - Nothing creates except Allah Adam Is A Prophet Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Nuwh , Noah ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh ) - Nothing creates except Allah ( Nuwh , Noah ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Ibrahiym , Abraham ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Ibrahiym , Abraham ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Isma'Iyl , Ishmael ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Isma'Iyl , Ishmael ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Muwsa , Moses ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Muwsa , Moses )Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Isa ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Isa )Is An Apostle Of Allah . La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Muhammad ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Muhammad ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

The ( Seven Majpr Prophets , Pbut ) Were men elevated in rank by the decree of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted . Because they marked a generation of change in the life of man .

The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 253 , Revealed In The Year 626 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , Says ; We Have Made Some Of These Apostles To ( Excel Others ) , Among Them Are They To Whom ( Allah ) Spoke . And Some Of Them He Exalted By ( Many ) Degrees Of Rank .

Excelling by Rank has nothing to do with distinction amongst the chosen of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted for he also says '' Not We Make Distinction Between One Of Them . ( The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 136 ) .

The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 136 , Revealed In The Year 626 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , Says ; Tell Them This ( Muhammad ) ''We ( Muhammad ) And His Followers ) Have Faith In ( Allah ) , And What He Sent Down To Us , ( The Qur'aan ) And What He Sent Down To ( Abrawhawm And Yishmael And Yitschaq , And Ya'aqob And The Tribes And What Was Given To Mosheh , ( The Torah ) And Isa ( The Revealations And What Was Given To The Anbiyaa 'Newsbearers From Their Rabb 'Masters , We ( Muhammad And His Followers ) Do Not Nufarriqu 'Make And Distinction Between Any Of Them And We Muslimuwn 'Surrender In Peace To Him .

All of them are to be ( Respected ) as those sent by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as examples of ( Righteousness ) and are not to be Exalted one Above the Other as the Christ-ism / Christians do with Isa , Jesus ( Pbuh ) . Each of the Prophets had a specilfic duty which made them diffrent as in the daus of Elijah ( Pbuh ) who Walk Into The Realm Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted and Isa , Jesus ( Pbuh ) .

There were No Prophets , Apostles or Prophets , Apostles place above each other . The missions of some of them had made a generation of change as previously discussed , hence , they were titled '' major '' , Otherwise none are any higher then the other , all of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted Prophets ( Pbut ) because of genuline sensitivity and perception far above the capabilities of ordinary men , appealed directly to the spirit of man .

They lived the truth , which they set before man and exhoeted them to follow it , Not Out Of Force , But of Freedom and Spirit , which was good and the will of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted . The qualities of those chosen by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as teachers and examples were piety and truth . Inspired by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted , they conveyed His Messages and Commends to all men .

The meaning of the word ''Prophet according to Webster's Dictionary is as follow .
    1 ) . a person who speaks for the Lord , or as though under divine guidance .
    2 ) . a religious teach or leador regarded as , or claiming to be , divinely imspired
    3 ) . a spokeman for some cause , group , movement , etc ., a person who predicts future events in any way -

The Roget's Thesaurus' definition is as follows ;
    1 ) . a prophet is a predicter , forecaster , foreteller , seer , forseer , or a soothsayer .
    They were also know in biblical sense by names such as ; Buddha , ( Buddhism ) , Confucius , ( Confucian ) , Ram Mohan Ray ( Brahms Samaj ) , in Hebrew the word prophet mean ( 1 ) .
    actuated by a divine afflatus , or spirit , either rebuked the conduct of kings and nations , or predicted future events .

The First Book of Kings , 22 ; 7 , Says ; And Jehoshaphat Said , Is There Not Here ( A Prophet ) of Allah Besides That We Might Inquire Of Him . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

The Book of Judges 6 ; 8 , Says ; That Allah Sent A Prophet Unto The Children Of Israel ,Which Said Unto Them , Thus Saith The Lord Allah Of Israel, I Brought You Up From Egypt , And Brought You Forth Out Of The House Of Bondage ) . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

Nabiy - Prophet , Is one who has received direct inspiration ( Wahy , by means of an Angel , or by the inspiration of the heart ( Ilhaam , or he as seen the working of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted in a dream . A Prophet was primarily a person who played a leading or active part in instilling the belief and morality that is expected by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted in the hearts of the people . They were known to foresee disaster and also to console the people . He may bring new lasw and interpret them or fulfill old laws and guide men into the light of goodness and righteousness .

According to Webster's unabridged Dictionary the word '' Apostle '' defined as . - one sent on a special mission , - an advocator or leaders of a new pronciple or movement .

In Arabic we can break the word '' Apostle '' down as ; Rasuwl , meaning ''One Sent '' emissat , envoy , delegate , referring to Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) , Messenger , Runner , Apostollic Delegate ,

Mail item , letter , epistle , message , sending , forwarding , dispatch , consignment , shipment expedition , mission . correspondent reporter , sent , forwarded , dispatched , delegated .

With the article -Al ( The ) added on to Rasuwl , especially applied to Muhammad (Pbuh ) it is one who carries on by consecutive progressions . The relation of the tidings of him who has sent him . '' I Bear Witness That Muhammad Is An Apostle Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted

Hopefully we can get back to this post without a lot of excuses

The Gospel According To John ( Son Of Zebedee ) , 1 ; 14 , Says ; And the Word Was Made Flesh And Dwelt Amongst Us . ( in part ) .

The Prophets ( Pbut ) were the bearers if the word ( La Ilaha Illa Allah ) . He Shall Not Speak Of Himself , But Whatsoever He Shall Hear , That Shall He Speak ... ( John ( Son Of Zebedee ) 16 ; 13 , Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted has sent chosen ones speclaly endowed with ( Knowldge and Understanding ) far beyond the Capabillties of Ordinary men so that they may be example and give Guidance and Direction. Adam ( Pbuh ) was Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted word manifested in the flesh and so were all the other Prophets ( Pbuh ) to whom the word was sent .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Adam Nabiy ) Allah ( Pbuh ) - Nothing creates except Allah Adam Is A Prophet Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Nuwh , Noah ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh ) - Nothing creates except Allah ( Nuwh , Noah ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Ibrahiym , Abraham ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Ibrahiym , Abraham ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Isma'Iyl , Ishmael ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Isma'Iyl , Ishmael ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Muwsa , Moses ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Muwsa , Moses )Is An Apostle Of Allah .

La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Isa ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Isa )Is An Apostle Of Allah . La Ilaha Illa Allah ( Muhammad ) Rasuwl Allah ( Pbuh )Nothing creates except Allah ( Muhammad ) Is An Apostle Of Allah .

The ( Seven Majpr Prophets , Pbut ) Were men elevated in rank by the decree of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted . Because they marked a generation of change in the life of man .

The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 253 , Revealed In The Year 626 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , Says ; We Have Made Some Of These Apostles To ( Excel Others ) , Among Them Are They To Whom ( Allah ) Spoke . And Some Of Them He Exalted By ( Many ) Degrees Of Rank .

Excelling by Rank has nothing to do with distinction amongst the chosen of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted for he also says '' Not We Make Distinction Between One Of Them . ( The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 136 ) .

The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 136 , Revealed In The Year 626 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , Says ; Tell Them This ( Muhammad ) ''We ( Muhammad ) And His Followers ) Have Faith In ( Allah ) , And What He Sent Down To Us , ( The Qur'aan ) And What He Sent Down To ( Abrawhawm And Yishmael And Yitschaq , And Ya'aqob And The Tribes And What Was Given To Mosheh , ( The Torah ) And Isa ( The Revealations And What Was Given To The Anbiyaa 'Newsbearers From Their Rabb 'Masters , We ( Muhammad And His Followers ) Do Not Nufarriqu 'Make And Distinction Between Any Of Them And We Muslimuwn 'Surrender In Peace To Him .

All of them are to be ( Respected ) as those sent by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as examples of ( Righteousness ) and are not to be Exalted one Above the Other as the Christ-ism / Christians do with Isa , Jesus ( Pbuh ) . Each of the Prophets had a specilfic duty which made them diffrent as in the daus of Elijah ( Pbuh ) who Walk Into The Realm Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted and Isa , Jesus ( Pbuh ) .

There were No Prophets , Apostles or Prophets , Apostles place above each other . The missions of some of them had made a generation of change as previously discussed , hence , they were titled '' major '' , Otherwise none are any higher then the other , all of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted Prophets ( Pbut ) because of genuline sensitivity and perception far above the capabilities of ordinary men , appealed directly to the spirit of man .

They lived the truth , which they set before man and exhoeted them to follow it , Not Out Of Force , But of Freedom and Spirit , which was good and the will of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted . The qualities of those chosen by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted as teachers and examples were piety and truth . Inspired by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted , they conveyed His Messages and Commends to all men .

The meaning of the word ''Prophet according to Webster's Dictionary is as follow .
    2 ) . a religious teach or leador regarded as , or claiming to be , divinely imspired
    3 ) . a spokeman for some cause , group , movement , etc ., a person who predicts future events in any way -

The Roget's Thesaurus' definition is as follows ;
    1 ) . a prophet is a predicter , forecaster , foreteller , seer , forseer , or a soothsayer .
    They were also know in biblical sense by names such as ; Buddha , ( Buddhism ) , Confucius , ( Confucian ) , Ram Mohan Ray ( Brahms Samaj ) , in Hebrew the word prophet mean ( 1 ) .
    actuated by a divine afflatus , or spirit , either rebuked the conduct of kings and nations , or predicted future events .

The First Book of Kings , 22 ; 7 , Says ; And Jehoshaphat Said , Is There Not Here ( A Prophet ) of Allah Besides That We Might Inquire Of Him . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

The Book of Judges 6 ; 8 , Says ; That Allah Sent A Prophet Unto The Children Of Israel ,Which Said Unto Them , Thus Saith The Lord Allah Of Israel, I Brought You Up From Egypt , And Brought You Forth Out Of The House Of Bondage ) . < King James Version ( Arabic ) Keyword Study Bible >

Nabiy - Prophet , Is one who has received direct inspiration ( Wahy , by means of an Angel , or by the inspiration of the heart ( Ilhaam , or he as seen the working of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted in a dream . A Prophet was primarily a person who played a leading or active part in instilling the belief and morality that is expected by Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted in the hearts of the people . They were known to foresee disaster and also to console the people . He may bring new lasw and interpret them or fulfill old laws and guide men into the light of goodness and righteousness .

According to Webster's unabridged Dictionary the word '' Apostle '' defined as . - one sent on a special mission , - an advocator or leaders of a new pronciple or movement .

In Arabic we can break the word '' Apostle '' down as ; Rasuwl , meaning ''One Sent '' emissat , envoy , delegate , referring to Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin ( Pbuh ) , Messenger , Runner , Apostollic Delegate ,

Mail item , letter , epistle , message , sending , forwarding , dispatch , consignment , shipment expedition , mission . correspondent reporter , sent , forwarded , dispatched , delegated .

With the article -Al ( The ) added on to Rasuwl , especially applied to Muhammad (Pbuh ) it is one who carries on by consecutive progressions . The relation of the tidings of him who has sent him . '' I Bear Witness That Muhammad Is An Apostle Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Most Glorified And Exalted

Hopefully we can get back to this post without a lot of excuses
    According to ( Many Christ-ism ) they make ( Cliam ) that their God speaks to them ( One on One ) rather they call him Jesus , Yahweh , Yahuwa , El Shaadi , Ha -Shem , Adonai Etc Etc , to name a few .

This can't be true according to their Doctrine , Because 95% of these Christ-ism are following a diffrent Version / School of thought / Doctrine . of Christism . Christianity . So don't step to me with Set-up Question .

To answer your question Both According the Holy Qur'aan that is ( Yes ) . Stop trying to Sabotage this post . Name of this post is Noah's Flood Local or Global ?
    Last edited by Iysay; 7th July 2013 at 14:33.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    1. So according to Webster Muhammad couldn't have been one. He never spoke for God. Gabriel was the messenger. Muhammad just repeated what the messenger said. A prophet must hear from God directly.
    2. There are many religious teachers divinely inspired who are not prophets. That doesn't make one a prophet.
    3. A spokesman speaking for someone else other than God doesn't make him a prophet but more a representative. Muhammad never predicted the future; besides, even if he did, Witches make predictions of the future does that mean they are prophets?

The predictions must always come to pass for a prophet to be validated; moreover, he must be from the correct ancestral line, or he must have performed a miracle or have been spoken of by other prophets. Since Muslims claim Muhammad to be a descendant of Ishmael and Ishmael was not a prophet in the Bible, this puts Muhammad in abeyance for prophet hood. He is still waiting for his prophet passport according to Billions of people with the exception of Muslims.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 26th July 2013 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    1. So according to Webster Muhammad couldn't have been one. He never spoke for God. Gabriel was the messenger. Muhammad just repeated what the messenger said. A prophet must hear from God directly.
    2. There are many religious teachers divinely inspired who are not prophets. That doesn't make one a prophet.
    3. A spokesman speaking for someone else other than God doesn't make him a prophet but more a representative. Muhammad never predicted the future; besides, even if he did, Witches make predictions of the future does that mean they are prophets?

The predictions must always come to pass for a prophet to be validated; moreover, he must be from the correct ancestral line, or he must have performed a miracle or have been spoken of by other prophets. Since Muslims claim Muhammad to be a descendant of Ishmael and Ishmael was not a prophet in the Bible, this puts Muhammad in abeyance for prophet hood. He is still waiting for his prophet passport according to Billions of people with the exception of Muslims.

Being your only seeking attention and have no Knowldge whatsoever when it comes to the Christ-ISM By-bill and the Christ-ISM religion , And only post Story-lines / Hadiyth's , Your post doesn't count Lolololololol

Being your only seeking attention and have no Knowldge whatsoever when it comes to the Christ-ISM By-bill and the Christ-ISM religion , And only post Story-lines / Hadiyth's , Your post doesn't count Lolololololol
    I am sorry, I don't understand what your talking about when you say Christism by Bill. I don't know who Bill is nor do I care to know. My posts may not count to you. You are the only one saying my posts don't count! Keep making judgments friend. I encourage you to read Matthew 7 before you make your next judgment and insult!

Science shows that all land masses were called Pangaea it was one land mass so all land was flooded. After the flood, the tectonic plates sifted and the land masses separated; so, the water covered all land at that time. The Bible states that the fountains of the deep opened up and water shot upward at supersonic speeds and the rains were powerful, because the water canopy that used to be above the earth came down. It took no time to flood all land masses of Pangaea!
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Veteran Member

Pangaea was at least 200 million years ago.

" because the water canopy that used to be above the earth came down"
    That is so scientifically incorrect. And actually quite shocking. It is possible global flood may have happened but that is just wrong. Take paleontology classes.

Quote Originally Posted by hyd View Post
    Pangaea was at least 200 million years ago.

" because the water canopy that used to be above the earth came down"
    That is so scientifically incorrect. And actually quite shocking. It is possible global flood may have happened but that is just wrong. Take paleontology classes.
    According to the Bible the world is only 6000 years old. Scientist cannot prove the world 10,000 years old. You can't believe everything they teach in the schools. They have an agenda people fall for. I believe the Bible
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine