Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions at Exploring-Islam.com

Administrator

Default Ask Your Questions at Exploring-Islam.com

Salam all,

As everyone knows, the UI website has long been inactive in taking and responding to questions. However, questions can be raised at www.exploring-islam.com Dr. Abdullah Rahim is available to respond to your questions.

I hope you take advantage of the site's services.

Default Re: Ask Your Questions at Exploring-Islam.com

Assalam o Allikum
    very nice post dear Ron also very useful site for the Muslims who confused and reluctant to as question in front people in their daily life.They can now easily ask question about their problems very easily and with full confidence.I hope you continuously share such type of useful post with us.

Who is the Imam answering to our Questions ? A Sunni or Najdi, Deobandi ?

Administrator

A Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    A Muslim.
    I am not Satisfy

Veteran Member

Was prophet Muhammed pbuh a sunni, shia, Deobandi or a Muslim? What is the name given to the followers of Prophet Muhammed in Quran a sunni, shia or Deobandi or a Muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sunni View Post
    I am not Satisfy
    What difference does it make if its Sunni, shia, Najdi, or Deobandi? Aren't these all considered Mulsim? I am satisfied if it all means Muslim.
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Administrator

BL,

Do you just post to anything? Obviously you weren't the target of the question and you obviously missed the point. Your answer is fine but it was irrelevant.

Veteran Member

The name given to followers of Prophet Muhammed in Quran is Muslims. Sects are man made, they do not define the followers of Prophet Muhammed pbuh. They claim to be followers.

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    Was prophet Muhammed pbuh a sunni, shia, Deobandi or a Muslim? What is the name given to the followers of Prophet Muhammed in Quran a sunni, shia or Deobandi or a Muslim?
    Divisions In The Ummah

1. The concept of the Muslim nation separating into 73 sects is taken from authentic Ahadith such as the following

related by Hazrat Abu Hurairah Radi Allahu anhu: "The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: The Jews separated into 71 sects, and the Christians into 72, and my nation will divide into 73 sects". (Abu Dawud,Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).

2. The Noble Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: "Seventy-two (of the 73 sects of the Muslim nation) will be in the fire, and only one will be in Paradise; it is the Jammah (i.e. Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat)." (Abi Dawud, Ad-Darimi, Ahmad).

3. There is another narration which states: "The Companions asked: Which sect will triumph (i.e. achieve salvation)? The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) replied: The sect which adheres to that (set of beliefs and practices) which I and my Companions adhere to".

4. It should be clear from these Ahadith that the one sect, out of the 73, which is to gain salvation, is the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat, the only segment of the Muslim community which adheres to that which the Noble Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam)

REMAINING WITH THE AHLE SUNNAT WAL JAMAAT (BARELVI IN INDO-PAK)

1. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) advised us to remain firm with the largest group of Muslims and remain steadfast upon their way in beliefs and in actions.

2. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Allah will never allow my Ummah to unite upon misguidance and incorrect beliefs. Allah's mercy, blessings and protection are with the largest group of Muslims. And he who deviates from this largest group of Muslims will be thrown into Hell." (Tirmizi)

3. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "He who deviates from the largest group of Muslims, even as much as a hand span, has himself cut off his connection with Islam". (Abu Dawud)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    BL,

Do you just post to anything? Obviously you weren't the target of the question and you obviously missed the point. Your answer is fine but it was irrelevant.
    I am not sure I follow. I didn't give an answer. I just ask questions which didn't get answered, and I made a comment. So, what answer did I give that was irrelevant?
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sunni View Post
    Divisions In The Ummah

1. The concept of the Muslim nation separating into 73 sects is taken from authentic Ahadith such as the following

related by Hazrat Abu Hurairah Radi Allahu anhu: "The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: The Jews separated into 71 sects, and the Christians into 72, and my nation will divide into 73 sects". (Abu Dawud,Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).

2. The Noble Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: "Seventy-two (of the 73 sects of the Muslim nation) will be in the fire, and only one will be in Paradise; it is the Jammah (i.e. Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat)." (Abi Dawud, Ad-Darimi, Ahmad).

3. There is another narration which states: "The Companions asked: Which sect will triumph (i.e. achieve salvation)? The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) replied: The sect which adheres to that (set of beliefs and practices) which I and my Companions adhere to".

4. It should be clear from these Ahadith that the one sect, out of the 73, which is to gain salvation, is the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat, the only segment of the Muslim community which adheres to that which the Noble Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam)

REMAINING WITH THE AHLE SUNNAT WAL JAMAAT (BARELVI IN INDO-PAK)

1. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) advised us to remain firm with the largest group of Muslims and remain steadfast upon their way in beliefs and in actions.

2. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Allah will never allow my Ummah to unite upon misguidance and incorrect beliefs. Allah's mercy, blessings and protection are with the largest group of Muslims. And he who deviates from this largest group of Muslims will be thrown into Hell." (Tirmizi)

3. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "He who deviates from the largest group of Muslims, even as much as a hand span, has himself cut off his connection with Islam". (Abu Dawud)
    Can you explain to me how the word Jammah used in hadith is interpreted as standing for ahle sunnah wal jammah

Assalam o Allikum all freuends learn quran in the best way you can

Dr Sunni,

The 'Hadith' quotations you provide re: number of 73 sects takes it source from narrators who had never heard Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) or his companions nor one of the Khalifa Rashidun speak or make such a claim. Even if the supposed originator of so-called authentic hadith being Ibn Ishaq/Sahih Bukhari had the right intentions, the clear fact is , is that one cannot be a reliable reporter/biographer when that one has never even engaged with the subject(ie Prophet Muhammad) himself nor any of his contemporaries!! The plainfact is , is that hadith are heresay at best, which is the equivalent of believing any rumor. They are a historical account of circulating claims attributed to Prophet Muhammd(pbuh) be they false or true and so not a valid basis for absolute belief. It matters not how loyally a rumor is transmitted between 'master and disciple' , if the content and premise of a rumor is FALSE TO BEGIN WITH with, then it REMAINS FALSE. It is interesting that Allah(SWT) Himself states in the Qur'aan:

"These are God's revelations (Quran) that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith, other than God and His revelations (Quran) do they believe?" 45:6

“Or have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all things which God has created? Or that perhaps their time may be drawing near? Which hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe in?” 7:185

“God has brought down the best hadith; a book (Quran) that is consistent in its frequent repetitions.” 39:23

“So in which hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe?” 77:50

"Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?" 6:114

From the Qur'aan it would not appear that Allah(SWT) 'modifies' acceptance of Muslim worship in accordance with how the majority 'Muslims' might practice Islam - what Allah(SWT) cares about is how His Word is followed. If the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) could rely on the Qur'aan teachings alone successfully , it would appear that Muslims are expected to do no less. Truly Allah (SWT) knows best.

Who is the Imam answering to our Questions ?