Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Assalamu Alaikum

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Assalamu Alaikum

    Hello everyone and salaam alaikum. My name is TG123, and I am an evangelical Christian. I post on ChristianForums, and also used to post on CARM, Islamic Board, and Bismika Allahuma briefly.

    I enjoy debating with Muslims about Islam and Christianity. I will be honest, and not pretend I am here to merely learn about Islam... I would like to discuss and critique Islam, and am open to people discussing and critiquing Christianity. I hope that Muslims turn to Jesus and believe what the Bible teaches about Him, I am also open to Muslims trying to convert me to Islam, since I try to do the same thing, but with Christianity.

    In the process, I am very open to learning more about the Islamic faith, and clearing up misconceptions and misunderstandings I probably have. I also hope this is the same of Muslims and other people who are discussing Christianity.

    I will try to keep up with the discussion but sometimes it may take me a long time to reply, as I am involved in debates and discussions on CF also, as well as with a person via email; and I also have a life outside internet forums. I apologize in advance for when that will take place, but I will make an effort to respond to discussion.

    It is an honour and a blessing to be on this forum, I look forward to talking with many of you.

    Allahma3k.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    welcome!

    So you are a busy bee online, I'm interested to see how many people you will be able to convert. Wether all your trouble and effort realy makes a difference.
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by MF View Post
    welcome!

    So you are a busy bee online, I'm interested to see how many people you will be able to convert. Wether all your trouble and effort realy makes a difference.
    Thank you for the welcome! I can't really convert anyone, only God can. I can only share my faith. Are you Muslim?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    You are welcome, I'm atheist.
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,922

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Welcome to the forum TG123. I am a Muslim and will be happy to share and exchange views on our respective faiths.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    Welcome to the forum TG123. I am a Muslim and will be happy to share and exchange views on our respective faiths.
    Thank you, I look forward to discussing with you! Feel free as well to ask any questions or make any challenges you want of the Christian faith, I look forward to discussing it with you. Allahma3k.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,922

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by TG123 View Post
    Thank you, I look forward to discussing with you! Feel free as well to ask any questions or make any challenges you want of the Christian faith, I look forward to discussing it with you. Allahma3k.

    As I look at things, it is about mutual respect for each others faiths. I do not think by challenging other religions we gain anything constructive. It is helpful to try and understand the reasons behind a belief and how and where it stems from. I believe those who honestly search for the truth will always find it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    As I look at things, it is about mutual respect for each others faiths. I do not think by challenging other religions we gain anything constructive. It is helpful to try and understand the reasons behind a belief and how and where it stems from. I believe those who honestly search for the truth will always find it.
    I think what you say is true, but don't think challenging is unconstructive. If you believe your religion is from God and I believe mine is from God, then what is there to fear in a challenge? I think challenge and debate helps us understand our beliefs better, and helps the truth be revealed.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,922

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by TG123 View Post
    I think what you say is true, but don't think challenging is unconstructive. If you believe your religion is from God and I believe mine is from God, then what is there to fear in a challenge? I think challenge and debate helps us understand our beliefs better, and helps the truth be revealed.
    I believe that Guidance comes from God only and comes to those who honestly seek it. Thus there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom. I am very happy to answer any queries about Islam to the best of my abilities. I can also ask you about areas of Christianity that I find difficult to understand and appreciate. However I would not like to use the word challenge your faith, becasue for me discussion is about reasons not emotions, about being open minded and willing to accept truth when faced with it and not being stubborn without basis.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Assalamu Alaikum

    Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    I believe that Guidance comes from God only and comes to those who honestly seek it. Thus there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom. I am very happy to answer any queries about Islam to the best of my abilities. I can also ask you about areas of Christianity that I find difficult to understand and appreciate. However I would not like to use the word challenge your faith, becasue for me discussion is about reasons not emotions, about being open minded and willing to accept truth when faced with it and not being stubborn without basis.
    " for me discussion is about reasons not emotions, about being open minded and willing to accept truth when faced with it and not being stubborn without basis." I agree completely with this. This is my definition of a debate, and by challenge I meant to invite into one. I think we may have understood the word differently. I don't believe in being stubborn without basis, and agree reason trumps emotion in a discussion. Let's discuss

Similar Threads

  1. Assalamu Alaikyum
    By SpokenWord in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th September 2012, 23:38
  2. Assalamu Alakium Ya'all
    By Dar al Harb in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21st June 2012, 21:21
  3. Assalamu alaikum - from Oz
    By wayseer in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th March 2012, 04:01
  4. Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
    By Upright in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11th April 2011, 07:30
  5. Assalamu Aliakum!
    By Maryam in forum General Conversations
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 7th March 2005, 18:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •