Thread: Leaving What Does Not Concern Us.

Default Leaving What Does Not Concern Us.

Assalam alaikum,
    In a Hadith related from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, we read where he says, "From the exellence of a man's Islam is leaving what does not concern him"...ie Leaving that which is not important or benefitting him, whether in speech, action or thought.
    Thus, 'the excellence of a man's Islam' is its perfection, such that one remains steadfast in the submission to the Commands and prohibitions of Allah and surrenders to Hisrulings in accordance to His destiny and decree. The reality of 'that which does not concern him' is that which is not needed for a worldly or next-worldly necessity, and does not aid in attaining his Lord's good pleasure, such that it is possible to live without it....such as excessive acts and unnecessary speech.
    This Hadith may well be taken from Allah Most High's saying:--"And who shun all vain things"(Qur'an 23:3).

For further reading, see Mulla Ali al-Qari's
    "Commentary On Mishkat al-Masabih".

Default Re: Leaving What Does Not Concern Us.

Assalam O Allikum
    As a true Muslim you should avoid all these things which are not according to Islam and your believe.Hazrat Abu Hurayrah reported that prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Part of the perfection of a person’s Islam is his leaving that which is of no concern to him”

Ameen. You both speak to truth.

5 hours 8 minutes later......... who's messaging you guys? Me- a friend.
    Last edited by Youssif Saadieh; 25th May 2013 at 11:54.

Brothers, (5 hours and 58 minutes later..... back on!)
    Unfortunately, that is my hardest thing- to leave what does not concern me. I am (almost) very interested with my studies and I hope to become more interested with them so I can become more motivated, study harder and excel with my school results. I am a year 11 student in Sydney, Australia and towards the end of this year (in term 3 or so) I'll be doing my HSC insha'allah. Make dua for me for the better so I excel in my school results. I want to do engineering insha'allah.

Also, I'm trying to become more religious and wish to be one of the foremost- these people are the closest to Allah. ["And on that day there will be of you (Jin and Human) three types. The foremost, the people of the right hand and the people of the left hand. The foremost, what are the foremost? They are the closest to Allah"- and he (Allah) continues by telling you what are somethings he has preserved for them in the highest abode in Jannah]. Sorry, brothers I don't know or forgot which verses those are, but I remember for a fact reading them.
    I am trying to pray tahajjud sometimes but ain't sure of the time to do it. For you brothers, it may be different time if your outside (Sydney), Australia. If you are in Australia though and you are in Sydney and you know when to pray tahajjud- please inform me!!!!

Also, I suffer a serious spiritual disease that you may not suffer. Yes, it is for a fact a disease. Brothers, I do not want to expose my sins, so I'll send you (two) a private message to tell you about it and ask you how I can cure from it in the name of Allah.
    Last edited by Youssif Saadieh; 25th May 2013 at 12:15.