Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jewish view of the Earth change and the Messiah

Default Re: Jewish view of the Earth change and the Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    I think you are here because you are afraid that there is a day of judgment for it is written: "It is appointed unto man once to die, after that comes the judgment".
    Not at all. Having seen not the slightest shred of observable, repeatable evidence that there is a so-called "day of judgment", I live totally without such fear.

Do you really believe that the here and now is all there is to a human soul who has a body and spirit.
    There is no evidence that there is any such entity as a disembodied "spirit" or "soul". I think there is no such thing.

It is also written that "The fool says in his heart there is no God." The truth is you either accept Jesus now while you are alive or the devil claims your soul at death.
    What is written in your book of fantasies and fables is entirely irrelevant to the truth. You can't demonstrate the existence of a Jesus in heaven any more than you can prove the existence of the devil or a soul. Those concepts were all made up and promulgated by those who wanted to dominate others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Knock yourself out, let's see your original ideas about inaccuracies.
    No need whatsoever for originality here. Libraries and the internet are chock-full of examples. But perhaps such texts have been banned from your libraries, or people where you live are stoned to death for downloading such material from the internet. But if not, a good place for you to start is 1000mistakes.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    No need whatsoever for originality here. Libraries and the internet are chock-full of examples. But perhaps such texts have been banned from your libraries, or people where you live are stoned to death for downloading such material from the internet. But if not, a good place for you to start is 1000mistakes.com/.
    Marcello, I looked at that website. I have a question that I cannot ask a theist for you. Do you find Islam more or less believable than Christianity or do you see them the same? Where do you see Judaism on this scale or is it that all Abrahamic faiths are equally nonsensical to you?
    Jesus is not valued (at all) unless he is valued above all. Augustine

Marcello, I looked at that website. I have a question that I cannot ask a theist for you. Do you find Islam more or less believable than Christianity or do you see them the same? Where do you see Judaism on this scale or is it that all Abrahamic faiths are equally nonsensical to you?
    Since all these faiths are based on false premises, yes, they are equally nonsensical in a mathematical sense. In terms of which is more preposterous, my personal ranking from most to least would be: Christianity, Judaism, Islam. That ranking is based only on the literal texts: each religion has different percentages of people who actually take their respective texts literally (I have seen no decent surveys on that). I did a detailed study once (based on the texts alone) to rank the faiths based on tolerance, and the ranking from most to least was: Christianity, Judaism, Islam.

Since all these faiths are based on false premises, yes, they are equally nonsensical in a mathematical sense. In terms of which is more preposterous, my personal ranking from most to least would be: Christianity, Judaism, Islam. That ranking is based only on the literal texts: each religion has different percentages of people who actually take their respective texts literally (I have seen no decent surveys on that). I did a detailed study once (based on the texts alone) to rank the faiths based on tolerance, and the ranking from most to least was: Christianity, Judaism, Islam.
    So you see Christianity as worse than Judaism and Judaism as worse than Islam? That is interesting atheistic perspective. Thanks for sharing that. The Muslim may see that there is hope for you, lol
    One more thing, did you know the website you recommended is not opposed to Christianity; funny you'd use it as a source.
    Last edited by Burninglight; 17th February 2014 at 00:42.

One more thing, did you know the website you recommended is not opposed to Christianity; funny you'd use it as a source.
    If you prefer, you can also take a look at http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/. As you might expect, much of the energy devoted to pointing out the idiocies in a religion's scripture comes from other religions who are competing for believers' money. Atheists don't generally have such motives, so are somewhat less inclined to devote their energy too it.

If you prefer, you can also take a look at http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/. As you might expect, much of the energy devoted to pointing out the idiocies in a religion's scripture comes from other religions who are competing for believers' money. Atheists don't generally have such motives, so are somewhat less inclined to devote their energy too it.
    It is sad you see things this way. Some of what you say is true about religions competing for money, but that is not always the case. You are throwing out the baby with the bath