Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

  1. #16
    Moderator shaad_lko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wandering Dervish
    Posts
    2,657

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    I suggest we start a revolt against using synthetic soaps that are feeding the global capitalist industry - Down with liberalism . Anyone for sandalwood ?
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

  2. #17
    Sesame Street resident
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    Yucky, Shaad_lko! Then you'd be stinky.

    Although wouldn't it be cool if everybody stopped using Dove or Colgate or whatever, and then the entire toothpaste or soap industry just COLLAPSED?! LOOOL!

  3. #18
    Moderator shaad_lko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wandering Dervish
    Posts
    2,657

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_potatoes View Post
    Yucky, Shaad_lko! Then you'd be stinky.

    Although wouldn't it be cool if everybody stopped using Dove or Colgate or whatever, and then the entire toothpaste or soap industry just COLLAPSED?! LOOOL!
    Oh sandalwood (I mean sandalwood soap, not the raw material) is far more fragrant than Dove or Lux. Once long time back, I brought a German bar which was made of some exotic ingredients - too cool, but you get the idea - these companies are plying us with sub-standard stuff..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

  4. #19
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    I can't help but reply...if a washcloth, loofah or some other scrub material is not used then I find it hard to believe you're cleaning yourself. Soaps with the bumps don't clean like scrubs. Moreover, Americans do care about the environment...I for one do what Shaad suggested :-) (buy environmentally sound products) I know his will start something but I've been to enough places in the world and can confidently say Americans care more about their hygiene than anywhere else I've been (note my experience).

  5. #20
    Sesame Street resident
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    Oh sandalwood (I mean sandalwood soap, not the raw material) is far more fragrant than Dove or Lux. Once long time back, I brought a German bar which was made of some exotic ingredients - too cool, but you get the idea - these companies are plying us with sub-standard stuff..
    Exotic soap? Man, that's so girly.

    But yeah, companies do live to further their own profit. XD That's kind of the point, haha.

  6. #21
    Sesame Street resident
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I can't help but reply...if a washcloth, loofah or some other scrub material is not used then I find it hard to believe you're cleaning yourself. Soaps with the bumps don't clean like scrubs. Moreover, Americans do care about the environment...I for one do what Shaad suggested :-) (buy environmentally sound products) I know his will start something but I've been to enough places in the world and can confidently say Americans care more about their hygiene than anywhere else I've been (note my experience).
    NON-BROWN PERSON ALERT!!!!! Someone kick Ron out of this thread! :P

    Just kidding But that's so not true! I did exactly what Lumumba_s asked, and either I didn't scratch hard enough, or I was perfectly clean cuz I sure didn't see any dead skin cells or oil.

    Maybe it depends on the length of the shower?? Or how dry a person's skin is. Or something..

    Ha! Isn't America like #1 for greenhouse gases per head or something? I'm just teasing though. I'm sure you shop at The Body Shop or something (they must really make a lot of money off of their environmentally-friendly image).

    And omgggg! That's so not true! :O Have you ever seen an American cooking show (or even British, I bet)? They taste their dish with a cooking spoon, and then they put the spoon back in! It's disgusting.

    Not all Americans though, just the Hollywood-dazed ones I guess. :P Or whoever produces those TV shows.

Similar Threads

  1. "Simple" Question - was the holocaust real?
    By jude3 in forum Interfaith Dialogue
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 30th July 2011, 17:16
  2. Quran 26:224 "QAWUN" = "Fundamentally Disoriented": An Orientalist Note
    By aamantubillah in forum Islamic Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st November 2010, 15:06
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th September 2009, 03:17
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th December 2006, 07:54
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th January 2006, 23:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •