Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

Default Re: Urgent Question! "Brown" Respondents Only!!!

I suggest we start a revolt against using synthetic soaps that are feeding the global capitalist industry - Down with liberalism . Anyone for sandalwood ?
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Sesame Street resident

Yucky, Shaad_lko! Then you'd be stinky.

Although wouldn't it be cool if everybody stopped using Dove or Colgate or whatever, and then the entire toothpaste or soap industry just COLLAPSED?! LOOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_potatoes View Post
    Yucky, Shaad_lko! Then you'd be stinky.

Although wouldn't it be cool if everybody stopped using Dove or Colgate or whatever, and then the entire toothpaste or soap industry just COLLAPSED?! LOOOL!
    Oh sandalwood (I mean sandalwood soap, not the raw material) is far more fragrant than Dove or Lux. Once long time back, I brought a German bar which was made of some exotic ingredients - too cool, but you get the idea - these companies are plying us with sub-standard stuff..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Administrator

I can't help but reply...if a washcloth, loofah or some other scrub material is not used then I find it hard to believe you're cleaning yourself. Soaps with the bumps don't clean like scrubs. Moreover, Americans do care about the environment...I for one do what Shaad suggested :-) (buy environmentally sound products) I know his will start something but I've been to enough places in the world and can confidently say Americans care more about their hygiene than anywhere else I've been (note my experience).

Sesame Street resident

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    Oh sandalwood (I mean sandalwood soap, not the raw material) is far more fragrant than Dove or Lux. Once long time back, I brought a German bar which was made of some exotic ingredients - too cool, but you get the idea - these companies are plying us with sub-standard stuff..
    Exotic soap? Man, that's so girly.

But yeah, companies do live to further their own profit. XD That's kind of the point, haha.

Sesame Street resident

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I can't help but reply...if a washcloth, loofah or some other scrub material is not used then I find it hard to believe you're cleaning yourself. Soaps with the bumps don't clean like scrubs. Moreover, Americans do care about the environment...I for one do what Shaad suggested :-) (buy environmentally sound products) I know his will start something but I've been to enough places in the world and can confidently say Americans care more about their hygiene than anywhere else I've been (note my experience).
    NON-BROWN PERSON ALERT!!!!! Someone kick Ron out of this thread! :P

Just kidding But that's so not true! I did exactly what Lumumba_s asked, and either I didn't scratch hard enough, or I was perfectly clean cuz I sure didn't see any dead skin cells or oil.

Maybe it depends on the length of the shower?? Or how dry a person's skin is. Or something..

Ha! Isn't America like #1 for greenhouse gases per head or something? I'm just teasing though. I'm sure you shop at The Body Shop or something (they must really make a lot of money off of their environmentally-friendly image).

And omgggg! That's so not true! :O Have you ever seen an American cooking show (or even British, I bet)? They taste their dish with a cooking spoon, and then they put the spoon back in! It's disgusting.

Not all Americans though, just the Hollywood-dazed ones I guess. :P Or whoever produces those TV shows.