Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Quran Reading journey

Default My Quran Reading journey

I'm gona use this topic to share my*experience*of the Quran and my thoughts on the subjects.

Right now I'm on chapter 5 so before I read that I'd like to review what I have understood so far and the concepts. *

So far I've only found 2 parts that seems violent, but if read in context we see that it is a self-defence from invaders and the good thing is the attackers will be spared if they give up. And the other is about some stalker*apostate who keeps trying to turn the beliver away from God. The logic is senable and in them days things were alot diffrent then they are now.*

It teaches that anyone who*believes in one God and the last days and do good deeds will have there reward which I really like.

It teaches that when we die we lose consciousness and will be ressurected in the last days to be*judge.

I really like how it explains how the Prophets would always warn the people of the dangers that would come and to give them a chance to change there ways. It's also nice to read that Lot was part of warning people before the city got destroyed. *
    (maby I read that in the higher chapter while browsing the Quran)
    Lot seems to be more respectful type person in the Quran then in the bible.

I hope this will be the same for the last days where (Jesus?) will come and give out warnings and to follow the right path. **

The wisdom/logic behind each moral law is really good and fair. *

Default Re: My Quran Reading journey

JazakAllah for your views. Also, I would like to say that in Sura 2 or other places where the Quran rebukes the Children of Israel, it is not different from Jesus lambasting the Pharisees in the NT. These rebukes are meant to bring home the point that the Jewish rabbis had inverted the law and were refusing to acknowledge the clear signs of God and were indulging in hairsplitting. They also serve as a warning to the future Muslim community not to follow the path of those who were previously given Divine guidance and did not respect it.
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Yea I love the logic and the tips on what to say to both Christains and Jews when they start a debate with you or try to convert you because they think they are on the right path.

There's also something that really sticks out for me and that is the verses that urge people like me to fear God and not people. For sample I haven't converted yet cause I fear people will complain because I don't wana eat pork anymore. And once I do convert my life style will change too and that will no doubt anoy people around me and Allah is like saying we should fear him and not people.
    I saw this on YouTube aswell where this young woman is converted and wears her scarf but when she's out with her family or friends who doesn't know she's Muslim etc she doesn't wear it and she knows she should be wearing it. In away we fear people more because we know them and can see them were as we can't see God or get to know him personally.*

Note:

why do all my post have theses star things like "*" all over o_O?

Edit:

I really like the Quran so far. I'm on the part where Moses has this magic battle with some wizards and because he won the battle, the wizards belived in the signs and turned to Muslims. (Araf 120)

Unlike the bible verson, I can really see myself in there shoes and even i would submit if a guy who claims to have God on his side and he can beat my magic.
    Like in the bible verson your need good skills to turn water into blood to copy Moses turning water in to blood o_O It just seems that they were equal to Moses who was useing God's own powers. **
    Last edited by Moonlight; 20th April 2012 at 10:46.

I was watching a movie based on Muhammad's life yesterday, and it was really good (it was a cartoon/anime) and after watching that and going back to the Quran I had a better understanding of what's going on. That was a good boost of understanding. The movie itself was inspiring and I'm convinced that he truly was a messnger of God. I looked in the old testement for signs on what to look for in a *prophet and I belive Muhammad has past the*prophet test.******

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    I was watching a movie based on Muhammad's life yesterday, and it was really good (it was a cartoon/anime) and after watching that and going back to the Quran I had a better understanding of what's going on. That was a good boost of understanding. The movie itself was inspiring and I'm convinced that he truly was a messnger of God. I looked in the old testement for signs on what to look for in a *prophet and I belive Muhammad has past the*prophet test.******
    http://monthly-renaissance.com/issue...t.aspx?id=1216
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

That was an intresting read and the site is intresting too. It makes perfect sence that God does have many names not just "Jehovah" although if we really knew his name I'm pretty sure it would be forbidden to say it cause of it's sacredness or something like that. Hence it's rude to call your perents by there first name =p*

Hud 180 is very intresting and I got to ask this because I think they are on the same track but alittle astray.

The Jehovah's wittnesses say that the earth will last forever and that paradise will be on earth and not in the heavenly sky ect. Now from what Hud 180 is saying is that the ones who will be in paradise will be there forever as long as the earth and heaven will stay intact. In the bible it talks about "new heaven and new earth" which may be implying that we will raise in higher realms but still on earth where as the bad people go to the lower realms on earth. It's what the new age'ers are saying (though they say the bad ones will just start all over again on earth till they are ready to move up to higher realms) but I think this is what the Quran is saying here. Same earth but diffent.
    Last edited by Moonlight; 26th April 2012 at 15:27.

Veteran Member

I recommend reading http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_...angels_ask.pdf

I'll give you a cheat sheet for that book, read chapter 2, it is all about main concepts in Quran.

The quran has made me relized how stupid the story of Adam and Eve is o_O God has full power and there's nothing he can't do. So why was he scared of Adam taking fruit from the tree of life and become immortal like him... Now thinking about it, it's like he was scared that this human will be like him and can never die and this is why he put a flaming sword to keep Adam away from the tree...

With logic (and the Quran is full of logic) God can just take his immortal powers away even if Adam did take the fruit of life. *

Veteran Member

Glad you are enjoying the reading sis

Quote Originally Posted by hyd View Post
    Glad you are enjoying the reading sis
    Thanks ^^ and I'm a guy =p

Veteran Member

Thanks ^^ and I'm a guy =p
    oh, sorry bro. 'Moonlight' threw me off

Quote Originally Posted by hyd View Post
    oh, sorry bro. 'Moonlight' threw me off
    Don't worry about it ^.^

I'm on chapter 43 and i notised that the verse's repeats itself alot which *feels like it's trying to brainwash me somehow o_O
    The hole hell thing Is starting to get to me which is bad and depressing so I'm giving the Quran a rest before I go insane.

The Quran says that we are warners, but I don't see Muslims going out preaching the good news to believers or helping non-believers. I only see this stuff on YouTube but I haven't come across a Muslim who goes door to door to offer a Quran study or to ask questions about Islam.

I'm also starting to think that God is a machine... He controls everything and makes things happen. There's a verse in the Bhagavad-gita where Krishna talks about controling everything and is always working, and If he stops working the hole universe would fall apart.*

It's pretty much saying that we are the sims and God controls everything around us and if he wants to he can lead people astray or guide anyone he wants. He pretty much has our distiny in his hands which means we have no free will (only freewill to follow his guide and worship)

**I don't know... It Really does feels like were in the matrix >_>

I'm on chapter 43 and i notised that the verse's repeats itself alot which *feels like it's trying to brainwash me somehow o_O
    The hole hell thing Is starting to get to me which is bad and depressing so I'm giving the Quran a rest before I go insane.
    I think there are a couple of reason for that:
    1. brainwash or cure depending on how you look at it..?
    if you look at it from the perspective of aiming to have taqwa(to be loyal to God) then it's a cure; a cure from unleashing the saw'a (the rotten/dark side of you, the ego, lust, anger, fear, etc);
    because you love what Allah SWT has brought in terms of order, trust, and compassion at the same time in this dunya("temporary?"/lesser/early) 7ayaah ("life?"/"state of being") and so you'd expect a betterment in the aakhirah (later/after life);

if you look at it from the perspective of keeping you attached to the system, i suppose yes; it does seem to serve the purpose of brainwashing..

2. encoding of a message
    i think there is an encoded message in the way Allah SWT uses words in the Qur'an..
    the number of occurrence might hint to some secrets such as precedence or priority on certain concepts..
    etc.

I think it's ok to stop for a while and have a break..but i hope you don't give up on the effort..

The Quran says that we are warners, but I don't see Muslims going out preaching the good news to believers or helping non-believers. I only see this stuff on YouTube but I haven't come across a Muslim who goes door to door to offer a Quran study or to ask questions about Islam.
    Well, many people don't like to be disturbed by a door to door talks especially on religion these days..
    another reason might be that the muslim these days themselves haven't got a clue about it since most have abandoned the "intellectually harder? to crunch" text and opt for the "intellectually easier to crunch" 7adeeth even though risking the possibility of losing the real meaning of the real message..

I'm also starting to think that God is a machine... He controls everything and makes things happen. There's a verse in the Bhagavad-gita where Krishna talks about controling everything and is always working, and If he stops working the hole universe would fall apart.*

It's pretty much saying that we are the sims and God controls everything around us and if he wants to he can lead people astray or guide anyone he wants. He pretty much has our distiny in his hands which means we have no free will (only freewill to follow his guide and worship)

**I don't know... It Really does feels like were in the matrix >_>
    well look at it from the bright side, what if we are in a machine that has been normalized the way the matrix is at the end of the series..?
    but the machine here is more of a metaphorical sense rather than literal..

this idea i derived from the fact that Jesus/3eesa AS is able to bring back life from the dead as if he's hinting to us that the aakhira(last/eternal) life is here but in a different state of being.. where the saw'a (dark side) of us has been controlled and the 7asanah(the goodness) has been restored..

wallahua3lam