Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your*opinion on Buddha?

Veteran Member

Default Re: What's your*opinion on Buddha?

[QUOTE=DocW;176936]
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    This says nothing of Good deeds,you are mistaken.
    (What does the red writing signify?)[/QUOTE

I have used the words deliberate denial of God.

God will not forgive those who ( deliberately) set up partners with Him. 4:48. So those who delibertaely indulge in shirk, what do you think will be the value of their good deeds on the day of judgement?
    So give us some examples of people who deliberatly indulge in shirk.
    Islam isnt for studying,its for living

Veteran Member

[QUOTE=alan;176937]
    Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post

So give us some examples of people who deliberatly indulge in shirk.
    there are people who claim to believe in polytheism and there are people who claim to believe in monotheism but have polytheistic values. As regards your query about deliberate denial of God, that is between an individual and God. I cannot say whetehr truth has been revelaed in its ultimate form on anyone.

Veteran Member

[QUOTE=DocW;176939]

there are people who claim to believe in polytheism and there are people who claim to believe in monotheism but have polytheistic values. As regards your query about deliberate denial of God, that is between an individual and God. I cannot say whetehr truth has been revelaed in its ultimate form on anyone.
    Seems to be little substance to this view.

Veteran Member

My question bro Alan is that if someone is delibertaely denying God but doing a lot of good deeds then what do you think will be his fate on the Day of Judgement?

Veteran Member

My question bro Alan is that if someone is delibertaely denying God but doing a lot of good deeds then what do you think will be his fate on the Day of Judgement?
    They will be judged by their deeds.

There is a widely held belief with muslims that all non muslims are unbelievers and all fall into this catagory.There are many forms of disbelief,to do good is a form of belief.it is a choice to do Gods will,whether one knows it or not.

Veteran Member

They will be judged by their deeds.

There is a widely held belief with muslims that all non muslims are unbelievers and all fall into this catagory.There are many forms of disbelief,to do good is a form of belief.it is a choice to do Gods will,whether one knows it or not.
    So how do you interpret the three verses of Quran that have been quoted regarding the deeds of those who deny God?

Veteran Member

So how do you interpret the three verses of Quran that have been quoted regarding the deeds of those who deny God?
    I thought we had dealt with them.

Veteran Member

As for disbelievers, their deeds are like mirage in a desert. The thirsty thinking, that it is water until when he comes near it he found nothing. In fact, he found God there. Then he took his account and swift is God in taking account. 24:39

Any act of disbelief,by anyone,muslim or athiest is like a mirage in the desert,a beautiful way of looking at the illusion Buddha pointed to.

This is hardly evidence.

(and there you go on about worms again!)LOL

well, I never said that we needed evidence to prove that pork is worse than beef or chicken - its clear as daylight. Worms are all around..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Maby the pork analogy was a bad sample to use lol
    I was trying to explain on how what we think is good is infact bad in God's eyes. Ither food or what we think is good because we were raised to think it's good. I find it all comfusing and weird.
    I'm not sure if its ethically wrong to have consumed pork for one who is born into a pork-eating family. Its unhealthy for sure, and its prohibited on the same grounds in the Abrahamic faith. I see it more as a custom which suits the requirement of cleanliness (spiritual, physical, moral) in the faith - after all religion is comprised of ethics + beliefs + certain traditions.
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    I'm not sure if its ethically wrong to have consumed pork for one who is born into a pork-eating family. Its unhealthy for sure, and its prohibited on the same grounds in the Abrahamic faith. I see it more as a custom which suits the requirement of cleanliness (spiritual, physical, moral) in the faith - after all religion is comprised of ethics + beliefs + certain traditions.
    Its not unhealthy "for sure".If this is you muslim understanding,then surely you would eat it if it was healthy.

The expert answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.” Luke 10:27, 28

"Those who believe (in the Qur-ān),
    And those who follow the Jewish (scriptures),
    And the Christians and the Sabians,—
    Any who believe in God
    And the Last Day,
    And work righteousness,
    Shall have their reward
    With their Lord: on them
    Shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."
    Quran 2:62

"But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself. "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, HE WILL SURELY LIVE because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself." *Ezekiel 3:19-21

It seems Ezekiel could be talking about*righteous non-believers*and it's saying they will live if they do good but if they turn bad then all there*righteous deeds will not count because they have been warned not to sin.

And the other 2 verses is for belivers of any God and the last days which pretty much all religions*believes*in. **

Veteran Member

"But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself. "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, HE WILL SURELY LIVE because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself." *Ezekiel 3:19-21

This is obvious sense,if you do good you will be rewarded,if you do bad you will be punished.
    In Islam there is a weighing of good against bad,to determine justice,so the account will be made.

Its not unhealthy "for sure".If this is you muslim understanding,then surely you would eat it if it was healthy.
    Well, Quran itself specifies that alcohol has some benefit yet it remains prohibited, and at other places the Quran tells us that only harmful stuff has been prohibited. The two statements are not contradictory when seen in the light of their context. It is when human nature is unable to decide a definite course of action taht Revelation occurs and sets the limits of conduct - these limits then become the Hudud of Allah which become the guarantee for eternal happiness when they are respected.

As for pork being healthy, well you wanted evidence for its being unhealthy so now you should back up the claim of it not being unhealthy "for sure"..

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    Well, Quran itself specifies that alcohol has some benefit yet it remains prohibited, and at other places the Quran tells us that only harmful stuff has been prohibited. The two statements are not contradictory when seen in the light of their context. It is when human nature is unable to decide a definite course of action taht Revelation occurs and sets the limits of conduct - these limits then become the Hudud of Allah which become the guarantee for eternal happiness when they are respected.

As for pork being healthy, well you wanted evidence for its being unhealthy so now you should back up the claim of it not being unhealthy "for sure"..
    No,no,the ball is in your court.You said it is unhealthy "for sure".