Thread: Resurrection

Default Resurrection

When the opponents of Muhammad argued against the resurrection of the bodies, they said among other objections that how could they come back to life when their bodies have become dust? Among Muhammad's answers were "not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book". But this answer does not take into account the fact that each body is made of the atoms that once were part of another that died and disintegrated long ago. So how could each body fully resurrect when many humans share the same particles that once made their bodies?

Default Re: Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
    When the opponents of Muhammad argued against the resurrection of the bodies, they said among other objections that how could they come back to life when their bodies have become dust? Among Muhammad's answers were "not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book". But this answer does not take into account the fact that each body is made of the atoms that once were part of another that died and disintegrated long ago. So how could each body fully resurrect when many humans share the same particles that once made their bodies?
    The question implicitly assumes that Resurrection will take place in a time dimension similar to ours, which is obviously not the case. How could each body resurrect - the One who has created them in different time periods (from the same atoms, as you say) can create them all together at the same time as well.

For instance, the Prophet (pbuh) was sleeping during the night of the Ascension, yet he was also there in Isra and Meraj - traveling to Jerusalem and beyond. Even if you consider it as a dream, it does give two experiences to the same person - the Hereafter is similar to the extent that it deepens one's sense of experiencing reality. In any case, we have the theory of multiverses now..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
    That was not the answer that was showing the power of God, even what is atom or even smaller than atom will be brought back together. The answer was who has (God) created you first time, will recreate you again.

Veteran Member

"not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book".

The above quote as I recall refers to deeds and not physical body as it states them being recorded in the a clear Book.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    "not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book".

The above quote as I recall refers to deeds and not physical body as it states them being recorded in the a clear Book.
    You are correct bro, I mistook it for this verse:
    Does the human being think that We cannot assemble his bones? (75:3)
    Surely, We are able to reconstruct even his fingertips. (75:4)

Easy. Who said any atom that is in my body was ever in someone else's? Or something else's?

Just sayin'.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder and I guess you will have to wait til RD to find out!

I think the fact that we are even alive in this time dimension BEFORE even being resurrected is pretty awesome.