Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Koran Riots 2012
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koran Riots 2012

Default Koran Riots 2012

I'm not terribly concerned with any mass rioting, burning of buildings, fiery rampages or general mayhem. I'm much more concerned with saving a koran from meeting a fiery demise.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you (day 2) of:

Koran Riots 2012

To prevent a koran from being martyred is worth every murder victim the ummah can produce

Karzai urges calm as six die in Afghan Koran protests

http://news.yahoo.com/afghans-begin-...052511764.html
    KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai appealed for calm Wednesday after officials said six people were shot dead and dozens wounded in protests over the burning of copies of the Koran, Islam's holy book, at NATO's main base in the country.

The U.S. embassy said its staff were in "lockdown" and travel had been suspended as thousands of people expressed fury over the burning, in protests that flared for a second day in several cities.

It was a public relations disaster for U.S.-led NATO forces fighting Taliban militants ahead of the withdrawal of foreign combat troops by the end of 2014.
    It’s… odd … to describe this as a public relations disaster for U.S.-led NATO forces… when such a trivial thing sets islamists into fiery, murderous rampages.

What a shame that the islamist world can’t seem to find the will to rampage and riot in protest of those heroes who maim and kill their fellow islamists.

Default Re: Koran Riots 2012

Attacks across Baghdad, Iraq provinces kill 48

http://news.yahoo.com/attacks-across...090307088.html

BAGHDAD (AP) — Officials say attacks across Baghdad and several Iraqi provinces have killed 48 people and wounded more than 200 in an unrelenting wave of violence that mostly appeared to target security forces.

Thursday's attacks unfolded over a two-and-a-half-hour period, showing the extremists' continued ability to coordinate violence and sow chaos and fear through Iraq's communities.

Most of the deaths were in Baghdad but militants also struck 10 other cities, hitting security patrols, government offices, restaurants and a school.

The casualties were tallied by local security and hospital officials in the cities where the attacks occurred.
    Oh my. I hope no korans were martyred during these attacks. Otherwise, there's no reason to call for riots in the streets. It was only people who were murdered.

Muslims - they're so Islamophobic.

Administrator

That's really sweet that you care so much...but isn't this just a "blip"...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That's really sweet that you care so much...but isn't this just a "blip"...
    It's hardly a "blip". It's really just a continuation of the 1,400 year old hatreds that have caused the Sunni and shia to murder each other wholesale.

Muslims are so islamophobic.

I thought this was interesting.

9 killed in Afghan airport bomb

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-nato-at...014622779.html

KABUL (Reuters) - A suicide car bomber killed nine people in an attack on a military airport in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, officials said, the latest bloodshed since copies of the Koran were burned at a NATO base last week.

There was no official indication the explosion at the gates of Jalalabad airport was linked to the deadly protests, but the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack as "revenge" for the Koran burnings.
    A few books are burned and islamists go on fiery rampages with “Death to America” slogans.

When the Taliban kill nine Afghans, not a peep, not a whimper of protest.

Veteran Member

I'm thinking of starting up a forum with Muslims in Afganistan to gauge their support on Interfaith Dialogue. Not sure how that will go.

Also, interesting to learn of Syria's rule that there can bo no religious political party registered. Really!?

I was hoping Jews For Jesus might have a run for government, or Zion Zeolots, or the 'Yeshua-is-the "I AM" ' party.

Quote Originally Posted by jude3 View Post
    I'm thinking of starting up a forum with Muslims in Afganistan to gauge their support on Interfaith Dialogue. Not sure how that will go.
    Participation would be limited to a narrow audience. I don't think there are more than a handful of people left from competing religions. Although, that's legitimate because as we know, Afghanistan ranks number 8,443 of Islam's most holy sites.

Veteran Member

Yeah.

What's with a Muslim president (in Syria) stating that there can no be another religious party?

Is this an Islam question or not?

Alhamdullilah..

Quote Originally Posted by jude3 View Post
    Yeah.

What's with a Muslim president (in Syria) stating that there can no be another religious party?

Is this an Islam question or not?
    Well, he's a Shiite.

I'm not saying that he's not a Muslim...but, their beliefs are kind of heretic.

--------

You see? This is Shirk, the only unforgivable sin in Islam.

Smile Re: Koran Riots 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ChicStar View Post
    Well, he's a Shiite.

I'm not saying that he's not a Muslim...but, their beliefs are kind of heretic.

You see? This is Shirk, the only unforgivable sin in Islam.
    Not to worry. Sunni muslims have the cure for Shirk'ers.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/12092603.cms

Day before yesterday, there were heart-rending scenes in Kohistan district of Pakistan's Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. Gunmen stopped a convoy of buses, ordered selected passengers to get off and then killed 18 of them. The victims were from the minority Shia community. Days earlier, there was another sectarian attack, in Kurram agency of Federally Administered Tribal Areas, that killed 26 Shias. Days before that, there was another grisly attack. In fact, hardly a month passes in Pakistan without sectarian massacres.

Just doing gods work.

Alhamdullilah..

Quote Originally Posted by Resigned View Post
    Not to worry. Sunni muslims have the cure for Shirk'ers.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/12092603.cms

ay before yesterday, there were heart-rending scenes in Kohistan district of Pakistan's Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. Gunmen stopped a convoy of buses, ordered selected passengers to get off and then killed 18 of them. The victims were from the minority Shia community. Days earlier, there was another sectarian attack, in Kurram agency of Federally Administered Tribal Areas, that killed 26 Shias. Days before that, there was another grisly attack. In fact, hardly a month passes in Pakistan without sectarian massacres.
    Just doing gods work.
    Thanks for keeping the forum updated.

Here's some from my side :

Atheist group targets Muslims, Jews with "myth" billboards in Arabic and Hebrew

Silverman acknowledges that the pair of new billboards will likely cause a stir.
    “People are going to be upset,” he says. “That is not our concern.”

“We are not trying to inflame anything,” he continued. “We are trying to advertise our existence to atheist in those communities. The objective is not to inflame but rather to advertise the atheist movement in the Muslim and Jewish community.”
    Yeah right ! *rolls eyes*

You might've heard about the "Zombie Muhammad" Halloween costume...how lame. It's the same organisation, American Atheist, the 40-watt club. I checked out their website, what's interesting is, that they quote a LOT from Ibn Warraq! LOL!! Have a look at this, their take on "Mohammedanism". *sigh*

Are you one of them? Haha, just kidding, but um,...yeah, I'm kinda curious....:/ (cuz, I heard about Ibn Warraq from you...ah, I remember, he's the guy who EXPLICITLY acknowledges that ISLAM FORBIDS DISCRIMINATION...does it ring a bell? )

Oh, and as far as your original post is concerned, imo, the American soldiers need to learn to learn from their mistakes! they just don't budge!

Thanks for keeping the forum updated.

Here's some from my side :

Atheist group targets Muslims, Jews with "myth" billboards in Arabic and Hebrew

Yeah right ! *rolls eyes*

You might've heard about the "Zombie Muhammad" Halloween costume...how lame. It's the same organisation, American Atheist, the 40-watt club. I checked out their website, what's interesting is, that they quote a LOT from Ibn Warraq! LOL!! Have a look at this, their take on "Mohammedanism". *sigh*

Are you one of them? Haha, just kidding, but um,...yeah, I'm kinda curious....:/ (cuz, I heard about Ibn Warraq from you...ah, I remember, he's the guy who EXPLICITLY acknowledges that ISLAM FORBIDS DISCRIMINATION...does it ring a bell? )

Oh, and as far as your original post is concerned, imo, the American soldiers need to learn to learn from their mistakes! they just don't budge!
    Billboards seem pretty innocuous when compared to Sunni heroes on a program to slaughter shia islamists.

Why do you think that Islam forbids discrimination when islam specifically establishes discrimination against non-islamists?

Alhamdullilah..

Billboards seem pretty innocuous when compared to Sunni heroes on a program to slaughter shia islamists.
    Yep, true........um, yeah, whatever.

Why do you think that Islam forbids discrimination when islam specifically establishes discrimination against non-islamists?
    Because, Islam explicitly forbids discrimination against every living soul, even animals. You need to look beyond your preconceived ideas and misconceptions.

Let's not argue unnecessarily. You don't wanna believe, fine.

Because, Islam explicitly forbids discrimination against every living soul, even animals. You need to look beyond your preconceived ideas and misconceptions.

Let's not argue unnecessarily. You don't wanna believe, fine.
    If your statement is true, how is it that (with a historical perspective), every islamist majority nation has imposed discriminatory practices against non-islamists?

Didn't islam's inventor claim something about muslims being the best of people?

Alhamdullilah..

If your statement is true, how is it that (with a historical perspective), every islamist majority nation has imposed discriminatory practices against non-islamists?
    What do you mean by "Islamist"? We've gone over this before, there's a difference between a "Muslim" and an "Islamist".

The left is wrongly defending Islamism—an extremist and at times violent ideology—which it confuses with the common person’s Islam, while the right is often wrongly attacking the Muslim faith, which it confuses with Islamism. Western thinkers must begin to recognize the difference between Islamism and Islam, or we are headed toward an ideologically defined battle with one quarter of humanity.

Well, the AKP, and other Islamist movements such as the Muslim Brotherhood in the Arab world, do not represent Islam. These Islamist parties, even when not using violence, stand for an ideology that is illiberal to its core—for instance, its refusal to recognize gender equality. In the same way that communism once claimed to speak for the working class, Islamism claims to represent Muslims.

- Is It Islamic or Islamist?, The Daily Beast
    The article is kind of old, but, you get the point?

Didn't islam's inventor claim something about muslims being the best of people?
    Yeah, God Almighty Says that in the Holy Qur'an,

"You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah. If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient."
    (The Holy Quran, Surah Ale 'Imran 3:110)