Thread: Eid Mubarak

Veteran Member

Default Eid Mubarak

Prophet Ibrahim (as) was willing to sacrifice what was even more precious to him than his own life. Are we willing to sacrifice less precious things for the sake of our Lord? Are we willing to sacrifice some of our time, money, reputation and ego for the sake of God?

If yes, then we have a good reason to celebrate Eid today. If not then we can start working on our soul to make it prepared for such sacrifice; the decision to start, itself will be a good reason to celebrate the Eid.

So one way or another, we can have an Eid, either to celebrate an achievement or to celebrate the beginning of an effort towards an achievement.

Eid Muabarak!

--
    Abdullah Rahim

Understanding Islam UK

Sesame Street resident

Default Re: Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak to you too!!!!! Peace be upon you and your family and your distant relatives and your neighbours and your goldfish and your pet goat...

Just kidding about the goat. Seriously though, have a good one!

eid mubarak to everyone. I do have a goat up my sleeve, btw
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaad_lko View Post
    eid mubarak to everyone. I do have a goat up my sleeve, btw
    Bro Shaad

I sincerley hope the family goat is not going to be watching "silence of the lambs" today in 3D? ( i.e. Qurbani)

best regards

Waseem

not today, but tomorrow we have Eid!! In fact, I do the honours (first cut) myself usually, but I hope all of us rise above the rituals and focus on the real aspect of sacrifice as you mentioned in the OP.

Wassalam
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Sesame Street resident

Aren't you guys scared of killing a goat? I would be. I asked my cousins if they were scared, and they're like, "Nope." I think they thought I was a sissy. But it's so frightening. What about when it dies? Don't you feel bad? Has anybody ever gotten sick after killing a goat and like vomited? (As you might be able to guess, we don't slaughter goats in our garden here in Canada. I think that's illegal. :/ We just pay somebody to do it.)

And Doc, your joke was funny. I laughed. The Silence of the Lambs was a GREAT movie.