Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: History of Islam

Default Re: History of Islam

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    I can not believe that in about 50 years after death of the prophet (pbuh) people killed his pious grandson who was promised Jannah thinking he was infidel! The shoe horses from the horses that were walking on the body of Hussain and his companions were sold in market since people thought it had Barikaah because it had killed infidels. People even made forged horse shoes saying it was the same that was used in Karbala!
    Much of the history if clouded in myth. The only real point that should be drawn from this story from an Islamic perspective is that no forced bayaah is acceptable in shareeah A leader must be chosen based upon the expressed consent of the people.
    "Those who deny the strength of truth,
    God does not give them courage." - Bulleh Shah

One of the fundamental beliefs of the Kharijites is that anybody outside of Quraysh can be elected Caliph, which may give support to the idea that part of their movement may be seen as a reaction to an aristocracy that may have been rearing it's head, during the later days of Uthman's (R) rule.
    "Those who deny the strength of truth,
    God does not give them courage." - Bulleh Shah

to add to my point about the prosperity causing a natural relaxation in Muslim piety, ibn Khaldun states in the Muqaddamah:
    On the day Caliph Uthman (r) was assassinated, the treasurer had in his personal collection, a sum of 150,000 dinars and 1,000,000 dirhams. In addition, he owned properties worth 200,000 dinars in the valleys of Qura and Hunain in which he kept a large number of camels and horses. One of the properties owned by Zubair was worth 50,000 dinars in which he kept 1,000 horses. Talha derived an income of 1,000 dinars from his properties in Iraq. Abdur Rahman bin Awf had 1,000 horses in his stable in addition to 1,000 camels and 10,000 heads of sheep. Upon his death, one fourth of his estate was valued at 84,000 dinars. Zaid bin Thabit owned bricks of gold and silver which required a large axe to cut. Zubair had constructed multiple houses in Basrah, Egypt, Kufa and Alexandria. Similarly, Talha owned a home in Kufa in addition to an old home in Madina, which he had renovated with bricks, mortar and oak timber. Sa’ad bin Waqqas had built a tall and expansive mansion made of red stone. Maqdad built a home in Madina which he had plastered inside and out.”
    Of course this wealth was legitimately acquired, and may not have corrupted everyone, but it tells about the general trend..
    Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of God in private and in public; Justness, whether in anger or in calmness; Moderation in both poverty and affluence; That I should join hands with those who break away from me; And give to those who deprive me; And forgive those who wrong me; And that my silence should be meditation; And my words remembrance of God; And my vision keen observation.- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Veteran Member

Muslim invasion of Spain: Historians state it was mainly done by Berbers which are the indigenous peoples of North Africa west of the Nile Valley. They were new Muslims. Muslim forces reached Toulous (France) after conquering Spain. Historians are divided as to what sort of rulers Muslims were in Spain . I would be rgateful if you can share your views.

There is a section with the name of media on the website of Dawat-e-Islami which is an Islamic media library where you will find all the Islamic videos, speeches, documentaries and Madani Khaka. You can also download any video in mp3 or mp4 format or watch it online. https://www.dawateislami.net/medialibrary/