Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam ands human evolution?

Default Islam ands human evolution?

Salam.

Are the humans living today evolved from apes and shared a common ancestor with chimpanzees as the view currently held by the scientific world?

Veteran Member

Default Re: Islam ands human evolution?

Maybe or maybe not.

if there is a maybe then there is a maybe Adam and Eve have parents and belly buttens.

I think it is a problem for Islam if Adam and Eve have parents.

I once heard a way how to rhime it from a member here, he thinks evolution is true and applies to all accept Adam and Eve because they were created directly by Allah.

Would they have belly buttons?

By they way, we humans are apes and we share a common ancestor with monkeys/chimpanzee
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF View Post

Would they have belly buttons?

By they way, we humans are apes and we share a common ancestor with monkeys/chimpanzee
    Is that a theory or a fact?

why cannot Adam and Eve have belly buttons? even if they were not required?

Adam and Eve cannot have belly-buttons, because the belly-button is where the umbilical cord connects to the placenta of the mother. And that Adam and Eve were created by God

Quote Originally Posted by DocW View Post
    Is that a theory or a fact?
    Evolutionists make no claim for perpetual truth, though creationists often do (and then attack evolutionists falsely for a style of argument that they themselves favor)

Quote Originally Posted by nas007 View Post
    Adam and Eve cannot have belly-buttons, because the belly-button is where the umbilical cord connects to the placenta of the mother. And that Adam and Eve were created by God
    good answer! However, don't you think Cain and Abel felt like freaks?
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by nas007 View Post
    When we were children did we know what belly button was? The Creator who can create the human can still make a belly button even if it was needed. He created Christ pbuh without a father and made Mary pregnant with a virgin birth. Cause and effect applies to humans abut not God.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF View Post
    Evolutionists make no claim for perpetual truth, though creationists often do (and then attack evolutionists falsely for a style of argument that they themselves favor)

Evolutionist have a theory for those who want to believe in the alternative. Do you think if they had facts they would be sitting quietly?
    Last edited by Sadiq_b; 19th August 2011 at 14:59.

Evolutionist have a theory for those who want to believe in the alternative.
    and what is that?

Do you think if they had facts they would be sitting quietly?
    I don't know what you mean but this is a good read http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

Ah evolution! it's that time of year again
    [Offtopic] I spend my time on my Oracle Forums and my General Forums [/Offtopic]

[Ontopic] To compare translations of the Quran and read Tafsir Jalalayn, refer Quran.com [/Ontopic]

Veteran Member

in the year 2011 science has attained considerable progress. Today we can replace joints by prosthetic joints that last 10-15 years. replace heart valves at a time lasting may be twenty years. pacemakers for hearts that need regular checks and changes of batteries, if we loose skin we can have a skin graft taken from another part of the body, a transplant of an organ that can givee someone another 10-15 years. Still the question remains growth from a single cell to a fully developed adult. different systems inside working in harmony, organs and tissues growing and then self regeneration in such an organised manner. For some reason it has a finite existence and then the human engine begins to age and eventually the human being dies. That human being raises the biggest question how can this happen on its own without a creator? Our kidneys have like an in built electrolyte analyser. It reabsorbs or wastes different levels of salts and electrolytes depending on our needs. working 24/7 for 70-80 years non stop. Where else do we find an example of such a mechanism in our every day lives. We can take each individual human system and be totally amazed at its working and not be able to explain its working, but how do we put all of them inside one body and try and explain how they work together at the same time in such an organised manner?

in the year 2011 science has attained considerable progress. Today we can replace joints by prosthetic joints that last 10-15 years. replace heart valves at a time lasting may be twenty years. pacemakers for hearts that need regular checks and changes of batteries, if we loose skin we can have a skin graft taken from another part of the body, a transplant of an organ that can givee someone another 10-15 years. Still the question remains growth from a single cell to a fully developed adult. different systems inside working in harmony, organs and tissues growing and then self regeneration in such an organised manner. For some reason it has a finite existence and then the human engine begins to age and eventually the human being dies. That human being raises the biggest question how can this happen on its own without a creator? Our kidneys have like an in built electrolyte analyser. It reabsorbs or wastes different levels of salts and electrolytes depending on our needs. working 24/7 for 70-80 years non stop. Where else do we find an example of such a mechanism in our every day lives. We can take each individual human system and be totally amazed at its working and not be able to explain its working, but how do we put all of them inside one body and try and explain how they work together at the same time in such an organised manner?
    You have asked these questions before, you are asking for the mechanisms and I will stay on topic:

Biologists consider the existence of biological evolution to be a fact. It can be demonstrated today and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming. However, biologists readily admit that they are less certain of the exact mechanism of evolution
    I know you are looking for God behind these processes, perhaps to fill the unexplained gaps but imo evolution theory is a scientific theory and God has no business filling the gaps in a scientific theory.

God is about the why and not the how.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroof View Post
    Salam.

Are the humans living today evolved from apes and shared a common ancestor with chimpanzees as the view currently held by the scientific world?
    I think you'll find the evidence for major evolution is vast and overwhelming. I'll be pleased to provide additional data sources at your request.

Unfortunately, your premise regarding the “Monkey” thing is terribly flawed. I see this frequently. My suspicion is that you have been coached by religious entities who certainly have a vested interest in placating your desire to believe the religious tales and fables in lieu of hard facts.

Meaning, of course that the ‘monkeys into human beings’ displays a fundamental lack of understanding regarding human evolution. Man was never a monkey, Chimp or Ape. Man was never descended from a monkey. Man and primates shared a common ancestor but branched off in separate directions. That’s not at all uncommon in evolutionary history, by the way, for species to diverge in different directions while sharing a common ancestry.

The creationist default to the four word "the gods did it" is actually a demonstration of creationist inability to deal effectively with the overwhelming evidence of biological evolution since that "mysterious" origin. Evolutionary science can fully concede (arguendo) that some god(s) (not necessarily your gods), created the first living thing, and that would still change nothing for the subsequent science or the fact of evolution.

Veteran Member

If evolution includes adaptive variation,then the children of Adam have evolved since Adam.
    Islam isnt for studying,its for living

It is not clear to me from this reading if Muslims are ordained to reject evolutionary theory or accept it.

May I ask a question?

Do Muslims accept that evolution is demonstrably taking place at the micro level, or are they forbidden to take flu shots?
    Last edited by Bill; 7th October 2011 at 00:52.